“Perfect Location, Staff and Overall Experience”
Review of Dream South Beach

Dream South Beach
Ranked #56 of 208 Hotels in Miami Beach
GreenLeadersBronze level
Atlanta, GA
“Perfect Location, Staff and Overall Experience”
Reviewed August 2, 2010

I decided to book this hotel for my fiancé’s birthday celebration and based off the previous reviews I was truly hoping for a memorable experience. Let me start off by saying... The location of this hotel is perfect, it’s like everything is within walking distance... the beach... restaurants... and entertainment. The $30 valet is a bit pricey but worth it because parking on SoBe can be a nightmare and plus you get to go in-and-out as much as you want.
The staff... especially John was very helpful, knowledgeable and accommodating. Every recommendation they made was right on... from the food to places to party. David’s Cuban Café for breakfast is a must! Great food at a reasonable price. The front desk also had passes and connections that could get you into a number of clubs and bars. No matter the request they will try their best to answer and deliver.
The rooms are very modern and chic but a little cramped... But with a comfortable bed....Flat Screen HD.... and a shower that holds two people comfortably.... we were pleased. The only downside to the hotel is that there is no pool nor a real place to chill when friends come over to visit.... but hey, there are plenty places to chillax close by. So overall we paid about $150/night for 3 nights and even though a little pricey, my fiancé' and I were truly impressed and the Palmer’s House made this weekend a one to remember. A perfect romantic getaway for any couple. So the next time I want to splurge on SoBe, I will be back!!!!

2 Thank cwiley34
PalmerHouseSoBe, Manager at Dream South Beach, responded to this review, August 27, 2010
Fantastic! All of us here at the Palmer House really enjoyed doing what we do best to make your fiance's birthday celebration one to remember. Birthday celebration, anniversary, weekend getaway, no matter what, we'll be here to make it truly special. Thanks so much for staying with us and we'll be looking forward to seeing you again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (289)
  • Hebrew first
San Francisco, California
Reviewed July 29, 2010

This Hotel is the Real deal. My frind booked a room at you hotel, I accommpany her not really knowing what to expect ;there really were not that many review about hotel on this site. But for the price i figured what the hay. Let me tell you I have never seen a room as sexy as this one. white frosted doors, lights that come on automatically when you enter the room,King size bed, awesome moon lighting everything was so modern and chic. The entire staff was professional and very Hip they knew all the cool little spots on the beach to eat and just enjoy myself. special thanks to Thomas and John for their dinner reconmendations and for the rest of the staff for making my stay so great. see You In the fall i can't wait to stay at my new favorite hotel on south beach.

3 Thank Coco60713
We can't wait to see you in the Fall as well! Thanks for your nice comments about the staff. Next time you come, we'll be sure to repeat the experience with some more of the best South Beach has to offer!
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed July 28, 2010

My friends and I stayed at this Hotel in July while vacationing for a Stagette Party in July 2010. I don't know where to begin but I would like to praise the hotel staff because they made the whole Miami experience amazing and unforgettable!! From the front desk service to security to room service to every single staff member we had contact with made us feel welcome, appreciated, comfortable, excited, thankful etc... I really could go on and on. I think we called the front desk about 5 times a day for help with something or another and they were always there in less than 2 min getting whatever our little hearts desired :) I remember on night calling up at 4:00am for towels and they brought them up no problems or questions asked. Security at the front door was amazing!! He would hail down cabs for us, walk us to our room if we needed, he would even go and get us ice from the ice machine and deliver it to our room!

If I could leave those reading this review with a TIP, it would be to use the help of the staff at the hotel - This was my second time in Miami and I was still unsure of the hotspots and where to go for dinning/entertainment/shopping, so every so often we would ask the staff and they would go above and beyond (making reservations for us, offering us discounts, giving advice etc..) They are really there to make your experience that much better.

The room was incredible - what more can I say, it looks as you see it in the hotel photos. My only criticism of the room is the lighting. Although the lighting was pretty neat, it wasn't always practical. We were 4 girls and getting ready in dim, blue lighting wasn't always easy.

The location is 1 min walk from the beach and in the heart of south beach. Judging from all of the hotels we toured, this BY FAR was the BEST hotel in south beach!!

I CAN'T WAIT TO RETURN!!! Already planning my next visit!!!

4 Thank Jasmina777
PalmerHouseSoBe, Manager at Dream South Beach, responded to this review, July 29, 2010
Thank you for your fantastic review. Our employees are always here to help and we do our very best to ensure your stay is enjoyable. Hope to see you again in the near future.
New Haven, Connecticut
Reviewed July 27, 2010

My boyfriend and I had stayed at the Palmer House for 8 nights. Everything about this place is great! Rooms aren't big, but not too small either.... they look exactly like the pics shown on the site! The lighting in the rooms is amazing!!! Staff was top-notch, friendly, and more than helpful! Rooms are brand spankin' new.... bed was large and comfy... room was spotless! We thoroughly enjoyed our stay here and will probably come back again when the hotel is completely finished! They are adding penthouses and a bar/club... I can't wait!!!
My only (minor) complaints (as a woman) is that the water pressure in the showers could be a bit stronger and the lighting in the shower & bathroom could be a bit brighter.... it was hard to apply make up in the dim light and I kept missing spots while shaving.... other than that there's nothing!
I highly recommend this hotel! Close to everything!!!

3 Thank JD0723
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed July 26, 2010

I agree with the rest of the reviews! The hotel was absolutely beautiful, and the service was impeccable! The staff was friendly and extremlely accomidating! Most def the best place i've stayted on in South Beach thus far! Wonderful staff, wonderful hotel, will be returning as soon as possible! Xoxoxoxo!

Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
Kaufdorf
Reviewed July 25, 2010

Thank you for an unforgettable time in Miami! One of the most beautiful hotels I have ever been to.

2 Thank ManuelaWalter
Thank you for staying with us and we are very happy you had an "unforgettable" stay. This is exactly what we strive for.
CHICAGO
Reviewed July 20, 2010

Let me start by saying I am not easily impressed; but from the moment we check in to your hotel I was blown away by the super friendly staff that catered to our every need from beach towels to chairs even offering fantastic resturant choices. We were even further blown away when the overnight conceierg( I think his name was tim or Thomas I am really bad with names) got us VIP bottle service at Louis night club at the last minute we did not even wait in line. He even checked with us the following day to make sure we had a goodtime. Oh did I mention the rooms are out of this world. Thank you so much for a wonderful stay u made us feel like rock stars.

2 Thank FSO19
Thanks for your review and for choosing to stay with us. Our employees are take pleasure in ensuring a great stay. Also thank you for the comments on Thomas and our employees, we are glad they made you feel like ROCK STARS!!!