“Great Location, Accomidations and Staff!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Dream South Beach

Dream South Beach
Ranked #60 of 207 Hotels in Miami Beach
GreenLeadersBronze level
Thorndale, Pennsylvania
“Great Location, Accomidations and Staff!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2010

This hotel is great! The staff was very friendly and the facilities are spotless and state-of-the-art. Location is a block from Ocean Drive so right in the middle of everything. My only complaint is the parking situation, but hopefully this hotel can get valet in the near future. Otherwise I'd recommend this place hands down! I've never seen a hotel room like the ones at the Palmer house, and it was a treat from the time we arrived until the minute we left. Great job Palmer House!

3 Thank clmcdade

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (285)
  • Hebrew first
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2010

The staff was just amazing. I arrived early in the morning and only had to wait an hour for my room. I was recommended a great place for a quick breakfast. Everything from the room tothe personnel on the floorand behind the front desk was just great!!! I came to your hotel feeling tired and worn and left with a new vigor. I will see you in October

• Stayed June 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank oligh
PalmerHouseSoBe, Manager at Dream South Beach, responded to this review, July 2, 2010
We appreciate you sharing your comments on Trip Advisor and are glad you enjoyed your time in South Beach at the Palmer House Hotel. Thanks for your business and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Budapest
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2010

Originally we wanted to spend only one night but we extended our stay, so it describes everything: best location, wonderful interior design, great room prices, friendly and helpful staff (also the security guy at the front desk!:) I think it is one of the best boutique hotel in miami. I am not a big fun of US hotels, but it easily hit the best european standards.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends
2 Thank soka77
Raleigh NC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2010

This hotel is located one block over from Versace’s Mansion on Collins Avenue in south beach. The hotel is brand new and the customer service was outstanding. This hotel could easily charge more but since there pretty new the rates are great. I spent two weeks searching for a fair price clean hotel. After reading several reviews and feeling like I would have to bite the bullet and spend at least 200 a night I found this hotel. Everything in the hotel is brand new. The lighting in the rooms is very romantic. There is a nice flat screen mounted on the wall. All the lighting is push button operated. And the hotel was very clean. They have free Wi-Fi. There is also valet service for your vehicle for $30 a day. This is very reasonable considering where you are located on south beach. There is no pool but the beach is about 200 feet from your hotel. Don't take my word for it you must see this place for yourself. I will always stay at this location when I am in Miami South Beach.

3 Thank MelMania
PalmerHouseSoBe, Manager at Dream South Beach, responded to this review, June 30, 2010
jeanpari
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2010

Just checked out from a 3 night stay at the Palmer House. This was an amazing beach get away for the weekend. We were warmly greeted by Lloyd who is the door guy with a big smile. Check in was hassle free and fast. We were taken to our room on the 3rd floor and I was happy to have chosen the hotel. The hallway has a sexy cool vibe and all the doors have a blue lighting on it. The room is trendy yet comfortable. It has a great blue decoration and lighting throughout.

The bed was extremely comfortable and the room provides an Ipod dock which was great to have. This hotel exemplifies what South Beach is all about. Sexy, stylish and fun. The staff was friendly and always helpful with a big smile on their face. The location of the hotel is awesome. It is located in back of the Versace mansion. It is a block away from the beach and there are so many hot spots near by such as the Clevelander, Playwright Bar, Automatic Slim's, Mansion etc. The hotel is a few blocks away from Lincoln Road. We decided to walk around and found that there is so much to do around the area. As for food, I highly recommend David's Cafe on 11th and Collins for good latin food and service.

Some of our local friends would pass by to check out the room and were impressed as well. I cannot stop raving about the Palmer House and I definitely recommend this hotel to anyone who is staying on South Beach. There is nothing to think about. Whenever I am in Miami I will be staying at the Palmer House!!!

2 Thank jeanpari
München
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2010

I stayed 5 nights in the Palmer House SoBe Hotel which I enjoyed very much. This new (renovated) boutique hotel opened up recently and is one of the finest and elegant hotels on SoBe - right in the middle of the SoBe's heart...it's one block to Ocean Drive and to the beach. You can just walk to restaurants, bars and shopping which is very convenient. The hotel has its very own style, very modern plus very high quality. The bed is so comfortable - you will sleep like in your own bed. The hotel / the rooms have a special lighting - a blue light which gives the room a romantic atmosphere. The shower is quite spacious and is located in the corridor with a big glass front - very stylish and kind of hot! The I-Pod station and a good variety of drinks in the minibar are also very convenient. The staff is incredible - the front desk team is very helpful and friendly. They know and recommend the IN - places in Miami, take care of special requests and are just great!!! Housekeeping is very tidy and fast too.
This property is now my favourite - once the pool with lounge area plus bar is completed you can choose either the beach or this amazing pool on the roof deck for tanning, having a drink and relaxing. The Spa will also be completed soon - so looking forward to the relaxation in there too.
The Palmer House South Beach Hotel is the new IN - hotel on the beach and a delight for Miami!!! Thank you and see you next time, kindest regards from Munich from Tansu :)

• Stayed June 2010, traveled solo
4 Thank Tansu78
Viera, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2010

Wow! Where do I begin... My husband and I checked into the Palmer House hotel on June 12, 2010 for the weekend. As soon as we walked through the door we were immediately impressed. The decor in the lobby was chic and modern. At check in we were informed that they had only been open for three days as you could still smell the fresh paint in the hotel. The check in was quick and easy and we were given free passes to Mansion and Cameo. We were escorted to our room and as soon as we entered the hallway I knew I had made the right decision. The hallways had cool blue LED lights that created a beautiful ambiance against the white doors of the guestrooms. The rooms were so sexy! From the frosted glass doors of the bathroom and shower and the cool mood lighting in the bedroom... my husband and I were blown away. The beds were extremely modern and comfortable. The room exceeded all my expectations. When I saw the rooms on the hotel's website and on other travel sites I thought "No Way" that is too good to be true especially for such a low price...but the rooms look exactly like the pictures on the hotel's website. The Palmer House is in an amazing location. There is no parking at the hotel but there is a parking garage less than 1/2 a block away so that wasn't a big deal. The hotel is only a block from the beach and hot spots on Ocean Drive like The Clevelander. I would recommend this hotel to anyone that wants to stay at a gorgeous boutique hotel and doesn't want to deal with all the fuss of the huge chain hotels or the older outdated hotels on South Beach. I am already making plans to go back to the Palmer House. No need to stay anywhere else!

2 Thank mrzjetsetter