We stayed in the Dream for two weeks, and absolutely loved it, even if there are room for improvements.
The good stuff:
- Our room was cool with a very comfy bed, big TV, mini fridge + different amenities. Didn't have any problems with the lighting. Easy-to-use safe.
- Helpful staff (especially loved the towel lady up in the pool area - never caught her name, but she was a star, always smiling). Both Youssef and the other concierge was also perfectly nice and helpful, but more about that later.
- Stealth housekeepers.
- Cool design.
- Perfect location, and you can actually walk to the best restaurants and shops. (OR take the SoBe Local (bus) for 25 cents!)
- Nice restaurant connected to the hotel, the Serafina.
- PERFECT rooftop pool, and we were stunned that we always got a sun bed there - we actually preferred it to the beach!
The not so good:
- My wife and i actually got married during our stay in Miami, and we didn't expect to be upgraded to a suite or anything because of this, but we didn't even get a complimentary bottle of cheap champagne on the day of our wedding day. And both previously mentioned concierges were aware of the date of our wedding, having helped us with some simple services concerning a driver etc. I'm sure the manager would have complimented us somehow, but we're not the kind of people who goes begging for it...
- Cleanliness: Although we liked that we were never disturbed by housekeeping, we would have preferred them being more thorough when they were there. The floor was (poorly) cleaned once during our stay - which is weird as there is a lot of sunscreen and sand involved in a Miami Beach stay. Tip: Do a healthy round with a vacuumer at least every other day.
- See-thru bathroom doors. Don't mind the one for the shower, but the toilet?? Should be easy and cheap to at least frost the glass...
- Desk staff: Super pleasant and nice. However, the first night I went down to borrow an AC adapter, but was told I needed to go to a store and buy one, that cost me $40 (yeah, probably a rip off, well..). My wife then saw in the service book that the hotel provided adapters if needed. The next day I told them, and sure, now they had an adapter for me! Things like these really annoy me..
The negatives weren't big and/or important enough to ruin anything about our great stay in SoBe. Seeing as management are reading all of the reviews in here and replies, I just think this stuff should be adressed, to make this brilliant little hotel become even more brilliant! For the two weeks we stayed we had a small taste of luxury, however, small steps can be made to make it feel quite luxurious! We'll without a doubt recommend the hotel to any couple who are going to Miami.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Your loftiest dreams become a reality when you step foot in the art deco-inspired haven that is Dream South Beach. Located on Collins Avenue, our hotel is surrounded by stylish boutiques, the hottest clubs and is just 50 yards from pristine white sand beaches. Right next door is another fashionable address, once known as the famed Versace Mansion. Close proximity to Ocean Drive, Lincoln Road and Espanola Way. Hospitality is reinvented at our luxury hotel in South Beach. Art Deco style meets French Moroccan chic, at Dream South Beach, which boasts 108 guestrooms and suites designed by Michael Czysz with modern amenities such as large flat screen TVs, high-speed Wi-Fi for a fee, fully-stocked minibars, C.O Bigelow bath amenities and much more. While here, be immersed in late 70's poolside glamour at our rooftop pool and lounge, indulge in Mexican fare at Celebrity Chef Ralph Pagano's Naked Taco restaurant, slip into ecstasy with a relaxing spa treatment, and enjoy an atmosphere that is both cosmopolitan and comfortable. For a stunning nightlife experience, head up to Highbar by the rooftop pool lounge and sample creative concoctions while taking in the Miami skyline. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Agoda, HotelsforEveryone, getaroom.com, Cancelon, HotelsClick and HotelQuickly so you can book your Dream South Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dream South Beach Hotel Miami Beach