It's honestly not that bad but there's little things that start to annoy you after a day or two....
• Cheap rate
• Super close to the beach, can't beat that
• Good "party" hotel if you wanna party. There may even be a rooftop party one of the nights you stay there
• Decent restaurant downstairs for breakfast
• Cool orange room when you enter
• Staff is nice
• Walking distance to lots of good food and shopping
The hotel rooms fail miserably in terms of usability.
• There are no light switches. Everything is controlled by a couple panels of completely random buttons with icons that make no sense and that have no "On/Off" states. For example, if you want to turn on the desk light, you have to look at the icons of about 6 different buttons and decide which icon means "desk". None of the icons make any sense whatsoever so don't even both trying to memorize them. Leaving the hotel room is equally annoying if you're trying to shut off all the lights since the button does not tell you whether a light is on or off. So you essentially just have to start mashing them all until all the various lights in the hotel turn off.
• The shower light is so dim and blue that you can't see anything while showering. Also, brilliant move on using the exact same bottle color for conditioner and lotion. Since the light is so dim, you can't even read the bottles. I ended up putting lotion on my head. AWESOME.
• The elevators are slow as hell
• There's an outdoor parking lot up the street with a couple guys you can haggle with. Be expecting to pay South Beach prices. $30/day or something... so don't forget to add that to your budget. The hotel also charge some BS fee as well at the end of your stay. $20/day for "staying with us" fee
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Your loftiest dreams become a reality when you step foot in the art deco-inspired haven that is Dream South Beach. Located on Collins Avenue, our hotel is surrounded by stylish boutiques, the hottest clubs and is just 50 yards from pristine white sand beaches. Right next door is another fashionable address, once known as the famed Versace Mansion. Close proximity to Ocean Drive, Lincoln Road and Espanola Way. Hospitality is reinvented at our luxury hotel in South Beach. Art Deco style meets French Moroccan chic, at Dream South Beach, which boasts 108 guestrooms and suites designed by Michael Czysz with modern amenities such as large flat screen TVs, high-speed Wi-Fi for a fee, fully-stocked minibars, Etro bath amenities and much more. While here, be immersed in late 70's poolside glamour at our rooftop pool and lounge, indulge in Mexican fare at Celebrity Chef Ralph Pagano's Naked Taco restaurant, slip into ecstasy with a relaxing spa treatment, and enjoy an atmosphere that is both cosmopolitan and comfortable. For a stunning nightlife experience, head up to Highbar by the rooftop pool lounge and sample creative concoctions while taking in the Miami skyline. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, HotelsClick, Odigeo, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, Travelocity and Jetsetter so you can book your Dream South Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dream South Beach Hotel Miami Beach