“Started out bad ended up good”
Review of Dream South Beach

Dream South Beach
Ranked #47 of 212 Hotels in Miami Beach
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed March 22, 2013

I booked a last minute mother and daughter spa vacation. I booked a double handicapped accessible room and then booked massages with the spa. Rewards travel helped me choose this hotel and we were really excited about visiting south beach.

While we were driving around looking for the hotel my cell phone rang and it was the spa telling us they had over booked us and while we couldn't use the spa. they offered give us a massage in our room. I was upset because my whole point of this getaway was to have a spa vacation with my daughter. I was envisioning wearing fluffy robes and sipping expensive tea but alas it wasn't to be.

Then when we arrive at the hotel we were told that there was a music conference at the hotel and that I could only get the handicapped room for one night. They offered to move us to a regular king room. I asked to see the rooms and the double room was a perfect set up for a w-c user. It had a huge bathroom with a roll in shower. It was probably the best handicapped accessible room I had ever seen. The regular king room didn't work it was super small and I couldn't get to the bed or in the bathroom.

At this point I was about in tears to have traveled so far and to not get what I had booked. At this point the general manager found me and offered to comp our night and our dinner. This made up for the booking error and at this point I was happy. The hotel also offered to book us into another hotel.

I enjoyed my one night. the room was really cute and the restaurant and staff was outstanding. The rooftop bar had a big party along with a dj. I had fun checking it out.

The manager told me that if I came back she'd make sure I was treated like a queen and I'm tempted to take her up on it.

Room Tip: If you are a w-c user this hotel has excellent accommodations.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank KarenMellowGreer
DreamSouthBeach, Front Office Manager at Dream South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2013

Dear Guest,

I would like to apologize that you encountered some challenges during your stay, but I am extremely happy to hear that those individuals that you interacted with were able to turn things around and ensure that you had a pleasant stay with us. It is always unfortunate when several unrelated issues come together to create a larger negative issue, but all of us here at Dream take great pride in being able to provide outstanding service and create a memorable experience for all our guests.

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to write your review, and we can't wait to see you again very soon!

John Walbridge - Front Office Manager

Reviewed March 19, 2013

Stayed at the Dream for 6 days and 5 nights mid March.

The staff is very very attentive, helpful, and eager to assist you with anything. The staff deserves 5+ stars, their is nothing worse than staff that doesn't care, everyone who works at the Dream really gets this. I don't remember a staff that was so happy to be there for you.

The hotel is very well maintained, charming, if you like small and quaint this is a great hotel right in the heart of South Beach.

Roof top pool big plus, very chill, beach with private lounge chairs for hotel residents also a big plus. Sarifina's restaurant is part of the hotel too, so you hardly need to move far for great meals.

The hotel photos are beautiful, absolutely beautiful, the problems are that the rooms are tiny, everything at the Dream is small. Sidewalk walking traffic is so close to the hotels lounge chairs, if you want that you will like this, if not, oh well too bad, you will deal with it,

If you know what you are getting in advance, you will be very happy. I can go either way now since Ive been there.

I may go back maybe during off peak where I can upgrade the room, but with so many options in South Beach to choose from I enjoy seeing new resorts.

Overall I give everything 4 or 5 stars but the small rooms really make it hard for me to love this place.

I have been to many places in south beach

Room Tip: Ask for a larger room.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank joeyb1107
DreamSouthBeach, Front Office Manager at Dream South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2013

Thank you so much for your super nice comments about our staff! All of us here at Dream take great pride in being the best at what we do, and so your comments really make us smile. It's nice to hear that you also were able to enjoy Serafina and their delicious menu creations. We look forward to welcoming you back to Dream, so until then, take care!

Reviewed March 17, 2013

I stayed in this hotel before when it was Palmer House and about half the price so my review is lowered by the fact that I think it might not be the best value for money in South Beach. Having said that the rooms are pretty amazing, with very cool decor that makes you feel a bit like you are still in one of the Sobe clubs - very blue and blacklight! The lights are complicated - even on my last day I was still figuring out how they worked and that was after a demo from the bellstaff.
The bar on the roof was through in the other building so not accessible from our rooms without going outside, but it was very nice for late night drinks - the pool wasn't massive so don't expect that you will be able to do any laps in it.
My only complaint about this very beautiful hotel was that I was woken up every morning, not just by jetlag but by someone upstairs moving very loudly in the room above me at 4am. It sounded like they were moving furniture and thumping through the room for about an hour - the fact that it happened every day made me wonder if there was some kind of cleaning cupboard above my room as I doubted it could have been another guest at that time in the morning - although its South Beach and it seems that the city never sleeps!
Location wise its literally round the corner from the beach and the Versace mansion so very convenient!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Thank you very much for staying with us! We agree 100% with you about the design of our rooms - they are definitely beautiful and amazing! Sorry that you encountered a discourteous neighbor during your stay, but we hope that you will come back and visit us again, and we can provide you with another great stay. See you next time!

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Fantastic customer service. Arrived early about 10 am after a cruise. They let us have our room right away. Then we had an evening flight and they let us stay late in our room to enjoy the pool and be able to take a shower before we left.
The pool area on the roof was so relaxing and the staff would bring drinks and cool washcloths and set up the umbrella. They think of everything and even provide suntan lotion and ice water in a large pitcher. The music by the pool on the roof was so relaxing. We even splurged and got a massage there.

The bar on the roof has the greatest servers. It is a quick walk to the ocean.

The only challenge is to figure out the light switch in the room.

• Stayed: February 2013
DreamSouthBeach, Front Office Manager at Dream South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2013

Thank you for your fantastic review! We couldn't be happier reading your review and knowing that yo had such a relaxing stay here at Dream. We take great pride in providing outstanding customer service and making sure that your visit to South Beach was truly memorable. Thank you for choosing Dream, and we look forward to seeing you again very soon!

Reviewed March 14, 2013

The hotel was in a nice location, was clean, had excellent service and while my room was "cool" figuring out how to turn on the lights was like solving a reubix's cube. And it wasn't just me, several people in my company were staying there as well and couldn't figure it out. The lighting was super cool and mine was in a blue color. Instead of light switches there were panels with icons...i spend half my time convinced that there had to be a way to make the room brighter, but couldn't figure it out.
However, it wouldn't keep me from staying there again, it was a really nice, fun hotel but i would definitely ask for a tutorial on the light situation!

Room Tip: My room did not have a window, but because of the design of the room i didn't even notice.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent stay with us, and taking the time to share your comments. I am sorry that you encountered some challenges with the lighting design in the room, but it is great to hear that you had a nice stay! We do understand that there are some elements of our hotel which can be a little unexpected, but with the help of our friendly staff, we are always here to make you as comfortable as possible. Thank you for choosing Dream, and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon. Take care!

Reviewed March 13, 2013

I took my husband on a vacation which included Miami Beach, Islamorada and Orlando. I chose to stay at higher-end hotels throughout our travels and, I must say, our favorite hotel was Dream South Beach. The customer service and ambiance of the hotel was outstanding!! The photos of the rooms on the website are just as they appear in person. The rooms have state-of-the-art lighting and ammenities. It was quite impressive! The restaurant, the staff and the food live up to the "five-star" rating as well.
For persons that travel often, Dream South Beach is our favorite hotel ever:-)

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lori D
DreamSouthBeach, Front Office Manager at Dream South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2013

Fantastic! Thank you so much for your outstanding review! We are all smiles knowing that we have the honor of being your new favorite hotel - that is a very high honor indeed! All of us here at Dream take great pride in providing outstanding service to our guests, and it sounds like you had a perfect stay. Thank you for choosing Dream, and we look forward to seeing you both again in the future. Take care!

Reviewed March 13, 2013

Great, hotel, great staff, great rooms, amazing roof terrace and bar and a great location, only thing I didn't like was the lighting in the bedrooms. Trying to do your makeup was a nightmare, The lights were dim and wouldn't go any brighter! The positives though, by far our weighed the bad lighting!!!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you so much for your review and nice comments! We love hearing that you were able to enjoy our hotel and interact with our friendly staff. We hope to see you again for your next trip to South Beach, and remember that our friendly bellmen can always bring extra lighting to your room. See you next time!