“Dream South Beach-Worth every cent!”
Review of Dream South Beach

Dream South Beach
Ranked #47 of 212 Hotels in Miami Beach
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed March 13, 2013

I took my husband on a vacation which included Miami Beach, Islamorada and Orlando. I chose to stay at higher-end hotels throughout our travels and, I must say, our favorite hotel was Dream South Beach. The customer service and ambiance of the hotel was outstanding!! The photos of the rooms on the website are just as they appear in person. The rooms have state-of-the-art lighting and ammenities. It was quite impressive! The restaurant, the staff and the food live up to the "five-star" rating as well.
For persons that travel often, Dream South Beach is our favorite hotel ever:-)

1  Thank Lori D
DreamSouthBeach, Front Office Manager at Dream South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2013

Fantastic! Thank you so much for your outstanding review! We are all smiles knowing that we have the honor of being your new favorite hotel - that is a very high honor indeed! All of us here at Dream take great pride in providing outstanding service to our guests, and it sounds like you had a perfect stay. Thank you for choosing Dream, and we look forward to seeing you both again in the future. Take care!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,354)

Reviewed March 13, 2013

Great, hotel, great staff, great rooms, amazing roof terrace and bar and a great location, only thing I didn't like was the lighting in the bedrooms. Trying to do your makeup was a nightmare, The lights were dim and wouldn't go any brighter! The positives though, by far our weighed the bad lighting!!!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you so much for your review and nice comments! We love hearing that you were able to enjoy our hotel and interact with our friendly staff. We hope to see you again for your next trip to South Beach, and remember that our friendly bellmen can always bring extra lighting to your room. See you next time!

Reviewed March 7, 2013

Dream South Beach was a good choice on South Beach. As you can see in the pictures, it has a very interesting (strange?) lighting system that gives the rooms a blue glow. But the rooms do feel very modern and have a cool vibe. The bed was super comfortable, and the room was very clean.

The pool is small, but is sufficient for taking a quick swim and cooling off. There are a lot of comfortable chairs/beds around the pool. It is about a 5 minute walk to the beach, and beach chairs are included in the hotel's $8/night resort fee.

Location is great. It is right by some decent restaurants and within a few blocks of a lot of the prime nightlife on south beach. The staff is friendly and helpful.

Overall, we were very pleased with our stay at Dream South Beach and would definitely stay there again.

2  Thank Michael V
DreamSouthBeach, Front Office Manager at Dream South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2013

Thank you very much for your great review! We are so happy to read that you were able to enjoy the hotel amenities and relax on our awesome rooftop. Thanks for choosing to stay with us, and all of us here hope to welcome you back again soon for another great stay. See you next time!

Reviewed March 6, 2013

...I was supposed to travel to Miami with my girlfriend and expected to spend some days in this dreamy hotel, but unfortunately we have been confirmed just few days before our departure that my girlfriend's mother was seriously ill, and we decided to cancel our journey. Despite the free-of-charge-cancellation was not allowed for the reservation I have consciously made few months upfront, the hotel manager has been outstandingly kind and refunded all our money straight after my emergency call to her. I simply want to that her so much again, again, again and again, and I promise should I ever come to Miami in the future, I will come to meet and say thank you personally, and it goes without saying, I am not gonna book any hotels rather than this. I am simply sorry I couldn't remember the name of the person I have spoken to publicly thank her, albeit I hope the hotel Director could recognise and reward her appropriately for her great, outstanding, service's mindset.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

We are so pleased that we were able to help accommodate you so you that you could take care of your situation. Here at Dream, we take great pride in being able to take care of all our guests, especially when the unexpected happens. We all look forward to when you are able to make another reservation and come visit us in beautiful and sunny South Beach! Until then, take care!

Reviewed March 4, 2013

I really, really REALLY wanted to love The Dream, and in some respects I did...For one, I loved the vibe of this place. It's so trendy and cute. Miami weather sucked rocks while we were there so we did not get to use the rooftop pool (or the beach chairs...grrr) but we did go up for a spell and it's really groovy up there. The staff was very friendly and check in/check out was a breeze. It's walking distance to everything cool in SOBE so you feel like you're right in the middle of "where it's at." I just wish there were a few more square feet, somewhere to store a couple of suitcases perhaps..and a little more light for those of us fumbling around in the dark. Now, I've been to SOBE before so I know the rooms are not huge by any stretch of the imagination. Or even small-ish. But this room was so. freaking. tiny. If you bring more than a single overnight bag, then you're going to be tripping over your luggage, falling face-first into your suitcase, banging your pinky toes on the bed platform over and over, squeezing by your significant other trying to get from the bed to the bathroom, and using body wash on your hair instead of shampoo because the lights are SO DIM in the shower old fogeys like us can't read the bottle. Yes, all these things happened to me and hubs. By day three I wanted to scream between the space issues and being not imaginative enough to figure out the lighting and knocking over every single item I had lined up on the vanity. Word to the wise - avoid this place if you are not super-intimate with your roommate and very familiar with their bathroom habits because you'll be sitting in his lap doing your makeup while he goes potty. Literally.
All griping aside..this is NOT a negative review, although if I had known what I know now I probably would have chosen another place based on almost comically tiny size of the room and the fact you need night vision goggles to see your feet. I am not a little slip of a person and my husband's a big guy...we just needed some wiggle room. It's very nice...Just not our cuppa tea.

Room Tip: Bigger is better.
2  Thank Kim J
DreamSouthBeach, Front Office Manager at Dream South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2013

Thanks very much for choosing to stay at Dream and for sharing all the details of your experience! I am sorry that you had a few challenges during your stay, but I am very pleased to read that you were able to interact with our awesome staff and allow them to take care of you. We would love a chance to welcome you back for a future stay in one of our awesome junior suites, so please don't hesitate to call and book directly with us so we can make sure you have a fantastic return visit. Thank you again for staying with us, and take care!

Reviewed March 4, 2013

The staff were all very nice. The room was clean and modern. Everything is downhill from there. Room was tiny. Lighting in room was lousy. View was non existent. If the price was $99/ night instead of $400, I'd have been tolerant of the place

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank DocJoey

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for staying with us recently and sharing your feedback. We love hearing that you were able to interact with our friendly staff.

I am sorry to hear that there were some elements that were not to your liking. Here at Dream, we completely understand that there are certain things that may not be for everyone. We are fully confident that we are providing a truly unique hotel experience for our guests, and from the rave reviews we have been receiving, we know we are doing just that.

Thank you again for staying with us and sharing your comments, and hopefully we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon!

John Walbridge - Front Office Manager

Reviewed March 3, 2013

Rooms were clean and very beautifully decorated but were small. We literally had to make our way over our suitcase to go from one side to the other. Staff was friendly and helpful. Common areas like restaurant, rooftop pool and bar were nice too.

Overall a good stay but could have been better with slightly bigger rooms !

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple