“Great Value, Great Location” 4 of 5 bubbles

Dream South Beach
Ranked #62 of 206 Hotels in Miami Beach
GreenLeadersBronze level
Sao Paulo, SP
“Great Value, Great Location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2013

The Dream South Beach was one of the highlights of my visit to Miami. If your Miami is the cool, laid-back, fun Miami (as opposed to the pompous, over the top, shopping freak Miami), this is the place for you.

The location is perfect, right in the heart of South Beach. You will be surrounded by shops and restaurants and just one block away from the beach.

The decor is a lot of fun. Yes, it might seem a little tacky to Wallpaper's subscribers. But I really enjoyed it. The building itself is very charming, deco style and recently renovated. The swimming pool and bar at the rooftop are just fantastic, by far the hotel's best feature. I was surprised it was mostly deserted at night, since it really is a great place for a drink, but maybe that was because it was January - it could be different during the Summer.

I got one of the junior suites - really just a larger room. I definitely recommend it. It was a nice, spacious room with a very comfortable king bed. I was travelling with friends and they got a regular room, which seemed REALLY small for my taste.

The staff was very nice and extremely helpful. Everyone did everything with a smile on their faces. There was one african-american waitresses (shamefully I forgot her name) who was probably the nicest waitress I ever met.

When we arrived, we were received with a glass of sparkling wine, which was refilled more than once during check-in. Nice touch.

We did have a few issues with the room, though. The first one they gave us had an awful cigarette smell. We called the front desk and they promptly offered to move us to a different room. We stayed on the new room for one night, only to find that some of the lights were not working properly. The next morning we went back to the front desk and they moved us again. It took a while, but we finally got a great room - and the staff was very helpful throughout this process.

The hotel gets some extra points for the Serafina restaurant - great food, great fun, good prices - and the concierge team.

I definitely recommend it!

Room Tip: Stay away from rooms on the ground floor, since delivery/trash trucks come very early in the morning...
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
DreamSouthBeach, General Manager at Dream South Beach, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Thank you for your review and recommendation as well as the comments that will help us to improve our service to future guests. I'm happy that you enjoyed the Junior Suite and Serafina Restaurant. We hope to welcome you back very soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (282)
  • Hebrew first
Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2013

I visited Dream South Beach two years in a row. The first year was great even while they were going under renovations. However, last year they had Fire Alarms sounding at 3 am causing all the patrons to leave immediately and stand outside for 30 minutes. I appreciated they have a working system but they could have offered courtesies to the patrons for such an inconvenience.

The room is small.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank tbear6927
DreamSouthBeach, General Manager at Dream South Beach, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Thank you for choosing us for your return stay. I was disappointed that your return was disrupted by the fire alarm and I want to assure you that this is an extremely rare occurrence and thankfully a false alarm. I would like to encourage you to try us again in the future and would encourage you to contact me directly via email at peggybenua@dreamsouthbeach.com so I can personally see to a flawless repeat visit. I look forward to hearing from you.
St. Augustine, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2013

Perfect! I stayed at Dreams in 2007 before the pool was completed and had an amazing stay. To celebrate a dating milestone I decided the perfect romantic get-away with my boyfriend would be to stay at Dreams. My boyfriend works in the hotel industry in Europe and it is pretty hard to impress him but he was in amazement when we got to our room. The room was exactly as pictured. The junior suite was gorgeous. The chandelier light over the bed was beautiful; the room was spacious and even had a couch in it. I loved the amazing glass bathroom that still afforded us privacy. The lighting is adjustable so you can create just the ambiance that you desire. The rooms here are the best in Miami period; we did not even want to leave but decided to explore the rooftop pool and bar. The pool did not disappoint, it was heated, spacious and clean and it was just fun being up there as the clientele was not crazy but a rather classy bunch. The hotel staff took good care of us; they were welcoming, polite and friendly. We received complimentary chocolate covered strawberries and mojitos in our room and while checking in we got complimentary champagne at the front desk. We didn’t get a chance to check out Serafina but there was a really good deal where you get a free pizza with lunch. The restaurant was decorated nicely and next time for sure we will dine there.
If you want a romantic getaway in Miami, this is the place for you, perfect, unspoiled and gorgeous. It doesn’t get better than this.

Room Tip: All rooms are great
1 Thank Stacey J
Hi Stacey,

Thank you for your awesome review and I'm so glad to hear that you had enjoyed your experience at Dream South Beach. Many guests tell us that our hotel and rooms are designed for romance and I'm happy that you had the experience you were looking forward to. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Forida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2013

Dream South Beach is a very chic and trendy hotel. Yes, the rooms are small but aren't they all here in South Beach.? In addition, the staff here is very attentive to your needs. John made an excellent and favorable impression upon checking in and assisted us with some supplies since our bags were delayed in arriving at the airport. The bedding and pillows were very comfortable which made it much easier to sleep. The only negative is of course the noise. Though it is a block away from Ocean Drive there is quite a bit of drunk fools running around until the wee hours of the morning. Especially on the weekends. We only tried the restaurant for breakfast. But it was very good and was pleasantly surprised. The pool on the top floor is right nice and peaceful actually. It closes down nightly at around 11 o'clock so there really isn't any noise generated from this area that would affect sleeping, unless one went to bed before 11 o'clock. And why would you do that here?!!

Room Tip: if your on the third floor take the stairs one level up to the pool. convenient.
1 Thank lplage
Thank you for posting your review of Dream South Beach and for your compliments about the property and staff. I agree that John is a superstar and thank you for taking time to recognize him.

Looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Westchester Cty., NY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2013

Pros: Hip/stylish boutique-y hotel, very clean rooms, very comfortable beds, gracious staff, nice but small heated pool/roofdeck, good location (on south Collins, one block to beach).

Cons: Very small rooms, no view.

Depending what you are looking for, you can have a great stay or an awful stay at the Dream South Beach. I needed a comfortable place to sleep and a pool to hang out for a bit between business meetings. And it was great.

But it is not a big, on the beach resort.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
DreamSouthBeach, Front Office Manager at Dream South Beach, responded to this review, January 27, 2013
Thank you very much for choosing to stay at Dream for your business trip, and sharing your nice comments with us! We are so happy to hear that you were able to interact with our staff and allow them to take care of you, and that you were able to enjoy our awesome rooftop pool and lounge. It really is the best way to relax after a long day in true South Beach style! We really appreciate your nice review, and hope to welcome you back again soon!
Orlando
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013

This is my second stay at Dream South Beach. First time I stayed in a standard room in the same building where the reception, and I loved it. The room was very small but very nicely decorated, comfortable beds etc.
This time I stayed at "Murphy Bed" corner room in the next building. The room is small, but the bed is a real pain in the ....back. The noise from the night club on the 4th floor was unbearable. All the room, furniture, windows were vibrating on the beat of the music till early morning hours. I had a connecting door with the neighbor room, and around 2:00 am they came back from a party and tried to unlock the connecting door with my room.
The staff are nice as always, location is the best, decor is very stylish, but avoid the corner Murphy Bed rooms.

Room Tip: Avoid corner, Murphy Bed rooms.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank dralanir
Dear Guest,

I would like to apologize that you encountered some challenges during your stay with us. Here at Dream we work hard to accommodate all of our guests and to provide a fun and enjoyable experience during their stay. It is always unfortunate when the enjoyment of one group negatively impacts the other and creates a negative impression of our hotel.

I very much appreciate your feedback as this helps us be responsive to the total guest experience, and I hope that you will come and visit us again and give us an opportunity to provide you with a wonderful stay. Thank you for your business, and until next time, take care!

John Walbridge - Front Office Manager
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

Small ultra designed rooms that look amazing, but do not work so well on a practical level. service staff were very gushy and full of promises, but did not deliver on most. It was not at the top of budgets for hotels here, but it was not at the lower end either. Too expensive, fire alarms going off in the middle of the night, had to go to reception to join other guests and the guy did not apologise for the alarm, just asked how our night was going!!
I would not use this hotel again.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank SteveRiseley
DreamSouthBeach, Front Office Manager at Dream South Beach, responded to this review, January 26, 2013
Dear Guest,

I would like to offer my apologies that you encountered some challenges during your stay. It is always unfortunate when several smaller issues come together to create a larger negative impression overall. Here at Dream, we hold ourselves to very high standards of performance, and so it is distressing to hear that we failed to deliver what we take so much pride in.

I would love an opportunity to speak with you directly about your stay and your experiences, and hopefully have a chance to restore your faith in us. I may be contacted at: johnwalbridge@dreamsouthbeach.com, or 305-673-4747. Thank you for sharing your experiences with us, and I hope to hear from you soon!

John Walbridge - Front Office Manager