“Great location”

Dream South Beach
Ranked #48 of 212 Hotels in Miami Beach
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed October 29, 2012

We stayed in Dream last may, it delivered everything we expected and more when it comes to location and pool deck. Room was nice, big enough, new and nicely decorated just as in the hotel website, but quite dark, poor natural light as expected (we had read previous reviews, so we were not disappointed). but when you go to Miami you dont want to spend too much time in the hotel, and as base for the holiday it was perfect, super central, everything at hand, great deal between the hotel and the beach. The pool deck was the best, nice hill out music, great extra service of fresh water with ice and lemon, available for free. If back to Miami I would definetely go back!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
DreamSouthBeach, Front Office Manager at Dream South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2012

Thank you so much for your nice review! We agree with you about our location - it simply can't be beat! We are also very happy that you got to enjoy our awesome rooftop and chill out with the music and the vibe. We really appreciate your business, and hope to see you and your friends again soon here at Dream South Beach. Take care!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,355)

Reviewed October 22, 2012

Stayed for two nights. Staff is very nice. Free wifi, champagne upon arrival, fast valet service. Highbar is nice. Rooms are very quiet at night. If I had any complaint it would be the rooms are too small. If you have two people, multiple bags, etc.. Bathroom will be too small for you, no closet space, trip over bags because no room to store them. Room is a little too dark and hard to see with blue lights. Beyond this, the hotel is in a perfect location and will give you a nice overall stay.

Room Tip: I'd suggest you pay extra and get the suite.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Stevojax
DreamSouthBeach, Front Office Manager at Dream South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2012

Thank you very much for staying with us and taking the time to share your review! We are so happy that you enjoyed the delicious champagne during your arrival and allowed our staff to take good care of you! We do understand that as a boutique hotel, the design of our rooms may not be for everyone, especially for those guests who are used to the layout of the more cookie-cutter hotels. All of us here at Dream hope that we will have a chance to welcome you back soon, so until then, take care!

Reviewed October 21, 2012

good location, staff very efficent, the extras were a disapointment as they charge you for wifi and the parking then all the taxes on top.
The room was lovely and had nice touches but no tea or coffee facilities in room, though plenty of stuff in fridge but no space for water etc.
We also had a problem on return as had been charged twice for our stay though this was quickly resoved.
The pool area was lovely but felt the drinks expensive and watered down!.
This hotel appears more to the youger generation as though the lighting was trendy, too dark for us.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback and letting us know how your stay was. We are all very pleased to hear that you got to take advantage of our awesome location, and that our staff was able to efficiently take care of you during your stay. It is disappointing however, to hear that some other aspects of the hotel did not live up to your expectations. We do understand that our hotel may not be for everyone, especially those who are used to the more typical hotels throughout the world. We do appreciate your business, and hope that you will think of us again the next time you come to visit South Beach. Until then, take care!

Reviewed October 16, 2012

We recently visited the Dream Hotel this past July. This was our first trip ever to Miami and so logically we wanted to be in the heart of it all, South Beach. The Dream Hotel is in the perfect location. The beach is right there. The rooms were super cool and I loved that they were dark. Some people may not like this, but since we are vampires, we appreciated how dark and cold the rooms were. They must have known we were vampires because there was no full length mirror anywhere to be found. This was a problem as I am a girl. My sister, another girl, was traveling with my boyfriend, and our 2 year old son. The rooms were a bit tiny for all our luggage, but we made do with that, however there was no full length mirror!

I even wrote a note to the staff giving my comments about no mirror and it was like my note melted into the Miami heat. Other than that, I liked the big spacious bathroom. I thought the rooms were super cool and chic. Sometimes standard hotel rooms are boring, but the Scarface decor was something that we appreciated greatly.

The staff was very nice, there was one hotel staff lady that went out of her way to accommodate us in the pool are of the hotel, I forgot her name but she was incredibly nice, and I loved that she remembered my name later on that evening.

I was a bit annoyed that the room service menu offered bagels and cream cheese, but when I placed an order I was told that they didn't have any. The gentleman was kind and said he would run across the street to see if he could locate one. I doubt he did, but that was nice to say, since I really was annoying and whining about wanting a bagel. I would've just hung up on myself, but he was nice and patient with me.

I can't say I was really wowed by the Dream Hotel. After reading all the reviews and them being the Tripadvisor winner, I guess I was expecting glitter and rainbows to be thrown at us. I was expecting to be wined and dined, especially since I did mention that a full length mirror would be nice since I would mention it on my Tripadvisor review. I would have expected them to bring me four full length mirrors, or even a call from the front desk apologising for the lack of full length mirrors,- but we got nada. I think perhaps being the Tripadvisor winner for 2012 maybe got to their heads a bit?

Overall our experience was nice, I don't think we would stay there again though, and we do plan on going back to Miami, I can do without the bagels but a full length mirror is a must! What if I was showing to much toe cleavage from a certain angle? This is why one cannot be without a full length mirror, especially in Miami!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank GypsyGrl77
DreamSouthBeach, Front Office Manager at Dream South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2012

Dear Guest,

I am very happy that you chose to stay at Dream and had a nice time with us, and that some of our staff was able to take good care of you. It is distressing to know however, that we fell short in some areas. I would like to apologize about our lack of a full length mirror, as well as not having some of the breakfast items you were craving during your stay, and that your concerns were not addressed quickly by our staff. It is always unfortunate when smaller issues come together to create a larger negative experience overall.

Although I cannot go back and erase this issues that you experienced, I would love a chance to speak with you directly and hopefully have a chance to restore your faith in us, and our ability to provide you with "glitter and rainbows" experience here at Dream, as you stated! I can be reached at: johnwalbridge@dreamsouthbeach.com, or 305-673-4747.

Thank you so much for staying with us and sharing your feedback. We love any opportunity to grow and make sure we are responsive to our guests and their needs. I look forward to speaking with you soon! Take care!

John Walbridge - Front Office Manager

Reviewed October 14, 2012

The location could not be beat. One block from the beach. The staff at this hotel make this hotel what it is. Everyone could not have been friendlier. The room was really nice, although the "lights" confused me. Also, the room did not have a lot of space. It was fine for me for a long weekend, but would have gotten cramped if I had been there longer. Beds comfortable, but WARNING: people party on the street at night. If this bothers you, ask for a room away from street. All in all, a very nice stay.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Very nice! Thank you so much for your great comments about our staff! All of us here at Dream have a great time taking care of our guests and making sure they have a wonderful hotel experience. We are also happy that you were able to take advantage of our prime location here in South Beach - it really makes it so easy to relax, party, explore, and enjoy yourself with ease! Thanks for staying with us, and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed October 14, 2012

We stayed here for two nites to celebrate a family wedding in SOBE. Being Floridians we had the "locals" package which included complimentary valet parking ($34 per nite savings). The location is convenient to the beach, shopping and nitelife.. The lighting is very pleasant and conducive to romance. Takes a few moments to figure it out. We especially liked the double entry doors beyond the hotel door which helps quiet any noise from the hallway which we rarely heard. Extremely clean would describe the room, bath and decor. Valet parking highly efficient--just call from your room and car is waiting. My only criticism would be that the pool was chilly but the weather had turned much cooler a few days prior. But that is a subjective matter. In winter I would inquire if it is heated if that is a concern. The desk help was so kind they helped me sign on to my tablet when I had a problem. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you very much for your business and sharing your nice comments about your stay here at Dream! It sounds like you both had an excellent time and got to help celebrate the family wedding in style and relaxation. All of us here had a great time taking care of you, and we hope to welcome you back in the future!

Reviewed October 13, 2012

Dream south beach was very interesting, although I had a little trouble with the lights the room was very romantic. I also went out to the beach this was a business trip I wasn't for very long but Nich and Maria were very attentive excellent service. Tudor house had that very tasty "Ugly burger" looked and tasted delicious. Definitely plan on returning soon.

• Stayed: October 2012
DreamSouthBeach, Front Office Manager at Dream South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2012

We are so pleased that you had a great stay with us during your business trip! We love being able to provide an oasis of cool design and relaxing amenities to all our guests. Thank you very much for your nice comments about Nick and Maria on the beach - they also take great pride in what they do! Great job on choosing the "Ugly Burger" at the restaurant - it is an awesome burger for sure! Thank you so much for your business, and we can't wait to see you again soon!