“Chick, stylish, sexy = Dream South Beach Miami!”
Review of Dream South Beach

Dream South Beach
Ranked #56 of 208 Hotels in Miami Beach
GreenLeadersBronze level
Perth, Australia
“Chick, stylish, sexy = Dream South Beach Miami!”
Reviewed November 24, 2011

This hotel is the highlight of stylish accommodation I experienced across America. Rooms look exactly as they are photographed and the lighting is very seductive!! Sometimes the lighting is annoying when you want bright light but very minor and not worth changing your mind & choosing a different hotel. People watching out the front of the lobby was very entertaining especially in the early hours of the morning or late at night. My partner is a bit of an aussie occa & homophobic and one night they had a Gay Pool Party on the roof. We sat at the lobby after quite a few drinks people watching & some guys rocked up in brand new Lamborghinis and Rolls Royces etc which highlighted his experience..... from a distance! lol

Room Tip: I would not spend the extra $$ to upgrade. I was overwhelmed how stylish & well priced the stand...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
DreamSouthBeach, Front Office Manager at Dream South Beach, responded to this review, December 8, 2011
Wow! Thank you so much for your review and recommendation! We are so happy that you both had such an excellent time, and really got to enjoy the awesome design of the hotel. We really appreciate your business, and we look forward to many return visits in the future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (289)
  • Hebrew first
New Mexico
Reviewed November 24, 2011

Great Location! Great Service! Great Price! The rooms have a really cool vibe. The staff was very helpful and extremely nice. And the location was great.

• Stayed November 2011
DreamSouthBeach, Front Office Manager at Dream South Beach, responded to this review, November 25, 2011
Short and sweet and very nice! Thank you so much for your review! It sounds like you had a perfect stay, and we couldn't be happier. Great job on choosing to stay at Dream, and we look forward to seeing you again soon!
New York City, New York
Reviewed November 22, 2011

We chose Dream South Beach as a romantic weekend getaway from NY, and we had a nice time. The hotel´s restaurant is very good, and as I noticed, gets filled with locals looking for nice food and drinks. The room was very comfortable and I loved the light controls. The swimming pool area is also very pleasant. Service is excellent!

The only thing I didn´t enjoy about the hotel is that it is very noisy. I believe this hotel is directed to a young crowd, who enjoy loud music and partying.

The hotel is modern and nice, however Iwould not recommend it for couples or families.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
DreamSouthBeach, Front Office Manager at Dream South Beach, responded to this review, December 1, 2011
Thank you so much for your review and nice comments about our staff! We are very happy that you enjoyed our awesome restaurant and rooftop pool, and got to relax on your romantic getaway. Thank you for choosing Dream, and we look forward to seeing you both again soon!
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 21, 2011

I was dubious about this hotel but after a night out, the blue light is so soothing. I love this hotel and would go back everytime I visit Miami. Brilliant service, clean rooms, the luxury feeling and not expensive. This is before you even get to the roof top pool. I just have a feeling the prices may hike as it really is that good. I hope not. Well Done Dream, you undertsand how to run a hotel, now can you just get other places to follow suit?!

The only thing that was annoying was the slow lift, but if that is the only thing you can pick on then life isn't too shabby!

Room Tip: Dont worry about the size of the rooms. We had 4 cases and we fitted in fine and had room to manouvr...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
DreamSouthBeach, Front Office Manager at Dream South Beach, responded to this review, November 24, 2011
Awesome! Thank you so much for your nice comments about our hotel! We are so happy that we were able to provide outstanding service and make your hotel experience truly enjoyable and relaxing. Thank you for choosing Dream, and we look forward to seeing you both again soon!
suffolk
Reviewed November 20, 2011

I had already read reviews on here & was ready for a nice hotel but with small rooms. However, when we arrived we were in what I think was a twin room (but the beds were nearly double beds each) with limited space but I did not feel cramped. To give you some idea we had a bike box, 2 large bags & 3 hand luggage bags.

On check-in the reception staff were great - to be honest they were amazing throughout; always willing to help & with a smile too which is sometimes rare in some hotels! The concierge helped us out with places to go & things to do including parasailing on the beach but due to it being too windy it was off.

However, she did recommend some restaurants to eat in & produced a list with the restaurant name, address, style & even average spend which was so helpful. We opted for Yuka restaurant on Lincoln which was the best food I have eaten out in a long time (& I eat out quite often) & was such good value for what you got.

Back to Dream, the rooms were clean, modern & well maintained. The beds were turned down each evening & serviced while we were out with no interruption. Some mentioned the lighting system & that it was difficult to use & not bright enough - we had no problem with the lighting at all - it really was great.

The beds... let's put it this way... even though I was eager to get out & explore Miami Beach I had to prize myself out of the bed each morning as they were so comfortable, as were the pillows! I think you really can tell the quality of a hotel by the quality of the bed.

We ate in the Tudor restaurant once & it was delicious. The service was a little slow but I think this was due to a shortage on the night which you can't help sometimes. I had crab & langoustines - the best I have ever tasted & so big!

The pool was amazing - nice & clean & the furniture is so comfy & spacious. I would get to the pool early so that you can choose your spot as it does get very busy about 11am.

The only thing that was a bit annoying was the speed of the lift - I have seen snails move faster. However it is not really a problem as the bell boys will take your luggage & there is a set of stairs to get you up & down. To be honest after all of the overindulgence it did me a favour anyway!

Overall, I think that this hotel is run very well & efficiently. The staff are obviously looked after well as they seem so happy in their work & it is reflected in the quality of the hotel & service. The bell boy was a star - as mentioned we had a lot of luggage & before I could ask for assistance my bags were all on the trolley.

Room Tip: Our room was 365 - if you want a room with some extra space
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
DreamSouthBeach, Front Office Manager at Dream South Beach, responded to this review, November 21, 2011
We think your review and recommendation is a gem as well! Thank you so much for your very detailed review and excellent comments about the staff, especially our rockstar concierge Wendy, and the always helpful and efficient bellmen! All of us here at Dream South Beach work to provide outstanding hotel experiences for our guests, and it makes us so happy that we were able to make your stay so memorable.

Thanks again for your awesome review, and we all look forward to seeing you again very soon!
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed November 14, 2011

We booked this hotel to escape the looming winter in Brooklyn. The idea was to get some sleep, eat and loaf on the beach. Nothing fancy really.

Dream South Beach delivered and then some!

The hotel is located directly behind the former Versace villa within a one minute walk to the beach. The standard room we had holds a (very comfortable) king size bed and not much else. This was fine with us as we didn't plan on staying indoors but I can see it becoming an issue if the weather doesn't comply. Drawer space is also more geared toward a single person.

The staff is a true highlight. Sometimes when staying in a boutique hotel you get the impression that the staff are doing you a favour for allowing you to spend your money at their place. Not so at Dream. Everyone was super nice, always extremely helpful and kind. For instance Wendy from the front desk offered her help checking us into our return flight when we appeared somewhat befuddled. Everyone was like this. Truly wonderful.

An additional perk is the Tudor restaurant. We had dinner there two times and on both occasions the food was great and we loved the outdoor seating. I should also note the very nice pool and roof terrace; a cool place to have a drink around sunset.

All in all a fantastic place. We would definitely return for another getaway.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
DreamSouthBeach, Front Office Manager at Dream South Beach, responded to this review, November 15, 2011
Fantastic! Thank you so much for your glowing review and nice comments about the staff, especially Wendy! She is our superstar concierge, and she loves being able take care of her guests and make their stay totally enjoyable.

We really appreciate you choosing to stay at Dream, and we look forward to seeing you again! Take care!
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed November 13, 2011

I had a very pelasant stay at Dream in Miami. The service was very good and staff very kind. Design of hotel is very cool and funky. Although the room was quite small, the layout was just right. And the impression when entering the room - fantastic! The rooms are exactly fancy as they look in the pics presented by hotel. And very comfortable bed.
The location of the hotel is just steps away from Ocean Drive and the beach, easy to get to each part of South Beach. Moreover, the hotel is also included in the Art Deco tour :-)
They have fast internet connection which is a plus. The only drawback - the windows are blacked out and it is difficult to check the weather outside (fortunately it was sunny all my stay :-) )
I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Thank you very much for your nice review and recommendation! We are so happy that you were able to relax in our very cool rooms, and got to take advantage of our prime location. All of us here at Dream South Beach look forward to seeing you again soon next time you visit sunny Miami!