“So Glad We did This - A Memorable Tour from a True City Guide”
Review of Art Deco Tours

Art Deco Walking Tour
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Take the #1 walking tour in South Beach with the most popular tour guides in the district. Art Deco Tours, Inc.will enlighten and entertain you with fascinating facts and stories. Two hours will fly by fast. Stroll along Ocean Drive and learn about the history, the unlikely hero who saved the Art Deco buildings, the role of Hollywood and the mob. You'll learn and admire the architecture from the outside and design & decor on the inside. You will become experts in Art Deco by the end of the tour! Daily small group tours (max 8-9 people) are offered several times a day, for that personal engagement and VIP access to select buildings not permitted to large groups. Enrich your visit and learn about the culture, history and architecture of South Beach beyond the beaches! Price starts at $30 per person. Private tours also available any day or time. We also offer LITTLE HAVANA TOURS. Be sure to click the link for our web-site to learn about all our tours.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase
Reviewed June 30, 2010

Christine's tour was one of our favorite experiences in Miami. She is a unique type of guide, much more invested in creating a worthwhile experience for her participants than any other tour guide I've ever known. She brought her tour guide extraordinaire arsenal with her, including an extra digital camera for the less prepared. (This was much appreciated by us, because our camera died near the very beginning of the tour. She took great photos and sent them to us soon after.)

Along the way we learned a wealth of information about the art deco style, the growth, changes and stains across Miami Beach history, including some of the most memorable sights you could see and stories you can hear about Miami.

We came away from the tour after two hours of very personalized guidance, knowing much about art deco in general, art deco in Miami and Miami history. It was like being guided by a really knowledgeable, helpful friend who knows all of the juiciest and most interesting stories about the city.

She offered to give us any additional tips if we called her and left us with coupons, promotions, and dining and attraction suggestions. Wow, we were so impressed. We were so glad to have taken the tour!

There are newer reviews for Art Deco Tours

Reviewed June 29, 2010

After seeing the good reviews for this tour on TripAdvisor, I decided to contact Christine before we left and I'm so glad I did!

My boyfriend and I went on a walking tour with Christine our first day in South Beach and the tour itself was great. We learned so much about South Beach history and art deco architecture. It was really interesting. Christine made the tour a lot of fun and I can't wait to show off my know knowledge about art deco and Miami history. One good thing about Christine's tours is that they are private tour so she tailors the tour to your interests. She also takes tons of pictures for you and makes great recommendations for the rest of your trip.

I was really glad we saw Christine on our first day because she told us about some great things for the rest of our trip. She gave us coupons and even helped us plan out itinerary for the rest of the week. We loved all of her recommendations! She told us about things to do in Miami we never would have found ourselves (like tango lessons in the Biltmore Hotel) and her restaurant recommendations in South Beach were spot-on (like Tapas y Tintos - she even told us when to go to make sure we saw their live flamenco guitar show).

After the tour Christine even followed up by email to make sure we had all of the info we needed to enjoy the rest of our stay Miami Beach. She was like out own personal tour guide and concierge rolled into one!

She's not pushy at all though so make sure to ask her advice if you want all of her insider info.

Christine has a remarkable knowledge of South Beach and Miami in general on so many levels. You can see she has a genuine interest in the history of the area, and that comes off in her super-interesting tours. But it's more than that. Christine really loves her city and it shows. She is so genuine and you know she honestly wants you to have a great vacation during the rest of your stay.

Reviewed June 28, 2010

We had a great two hours with Christine touring South Beach and learning the ins and outs of Miami History plus seeing all of the interesting architecture that this area is known for. Christine is a terrific and knowledgeable guide that enhanced our trip to Florida. I recommend taking advantage of her expertise! What a nice experience.

1  Thank 74Piranha
Reviewed June 18, 2010

I visited Miami last weekend and used Trip Advisor as my primary source of information. After reading all the positive reviews about the Art Deco Walking Tour, I got into touch with Christine. She was very accomodating and arranged a tour for me and another lady for the next day. We did the twilight tour which departs around 6:30pm. It was a great choice for summer - not as hot as during the day with nice breezes, but still has enough light to see all the buildings and take pictures. Because we were more interested in the history and people aspects of the Art Deco District, Christine tailored our tour to meet our needs. She is very good at telling stories behind those buildings. I felt I learned a lot of interesting facts that I wouldn't have known otherwise. She also gave me some very good suggestion on dining as it was my first time in town. I thoroughly enjoyed my tour and would highly recommend it to anyone who is interested.

Reviewed June 9, 2010

My girlfriend and I have just returned from Miami after staying in the city for a week. After careful reading on this site, I opted to do this specific tour over the others. Really happy we did. We phoned the tour guide Christine a couple of days before and went for a tour that started at 7pm. Perfect for us Brits that wither in the florida heat a bit. The tour felt really personal and it was a pleasure to be taken out by someone who has such and indepth and passionate interest in her subject matter. She even had some free gifts for us at the end of the tour, very unexpected and unnecessary but a really nice touch. Its actually the thing that we have talked about most since we came back to the UK so that must say something.

Thanks again Christine, if we ever come back we will be in touch for sure.

Regards

Leon

Been to Art Deco Tours? Share your experiences!