“Great Tour”

Art Deco Walking Tour
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Take the #1 walking tour in South Beach with the most popular tour guides in the district. Art Deco Tours, Inc.will enlighten and entertain you with fascinating facts and stories. Two hours will fly by fast. Stroll along Ocean Drive and learn about the history, the unlikely hero who saved the Art Deco buildings, the role of Hollywood and the mob. You'll learn and admire the architecture from the outside and design & decor on the inside. You will become experts in Art Deco by the end of the tour! Daily small group tours (max 8-9 people) are offered several times a day, for that personal engagement and VIP access to select buildings not permitted to large groups. Enrich your visit and learn about the culture, history and architecture of South Beach beyond the beaches! Price starts at $30 per person. Private tours also available any day or time. We also offer LITTLE HAVANA TOURS. Be sure to click the link for our web-site to learn about all our tours.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase
Reviewed June 18, 2010

I visited Miami last weekend and used Trip Advisor as my primary source of information. After reading all the positive reviews about the Art Deco Walking Tour, I got into touch with Christine. She was very accomodating and arranged a tour for me and another lady for the next day. We did the twilight tour which departs around 6:30pm. It was a great choice for summer - not as hot as during the day with nice breezes, but still has enough light to see all the buildings and take pictures. Because we were more interested in the history and people aspects of the Art Deco District, Christine tailored our tour to meet our needs. She is very good at telling stories behind those buildings. I felt I learned a lot of interesting facts that I wouldn't have known otherwise. She also gave me some very good suggestion on dining as it was my first time in town. I thoroughly enjoyed my tour and would highly recommend it to anyone who is interested.

There are newer reviews for Art Deco Tours

Reviewed June 9, 2010

My girlfriend and I have just returned from Miami after staying in the city for a week. After careful reading on this site, I opted to do this specific tour over the others. Really happy we did. We phoned the tour guide Christine a couple of days before and went for a tour that started at 7pm. Perfect for us Brits that wither in the florida heat a bit. The tour felt really personal and it was a pleasure to be taken out by someone who has such and indepth and passionate interest in her subject matter. She even had some free gifts for us at the end of the tour, very unexpected and unnecessary but a really nice touch. Its actually the thing that we have talked about most since we came back to the UK so that must say something.

Thanks again Christine, if we ever come back we will be in touch for sure.

Regards

Leon

Reviewed June 7, 2010

Christine is full of great information about the history and architecture of South Beach and has a wonderful personality. We had a wonderful time and certainly got our money's worth. Highly recommended.

Reviewed March 25, 2010

Christine was so informative of Miami, and brought the city to life for us. In addition, she accommodated our needs as my girlfriend was recovering from an injury and could not walk.

Reviewed March 22, 2010

I enjoyed seeing more of South Beach than just the nightlife/party scene. Who knew there was so much history mixed in with the clubs & cafes that exist today. Christine was passionte about her tour and excited to share her in depth knowledge of the area. She made it fun, while we learned alot too. Ask her stop so you can enjoy a "cuban coffee" along the way. Her tours are listed on her website: www.artdecotours.com
Fair price & personal service.

Been to Art Deco Tours? Share your experiences!