Open today: 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM

from $35.00
More Info
from $55.99
More Info
All reviews art deco tour walking tour great tour cocktail tour guide james south beach two hours personal stories behind the scenes great stories private tour booked this tour informative tour highly recommend this tour his knowledge fascinating history miami history
Reviewed April 11, 2013

This tour is a great way to get some history behind Miami architecture and have a lot of fun while doing it! I thought it was going to be all about the drinks, but it was really half and half. You get to visit famous hotel lobbies and taste their signature drink while learning some history about the hotel and architecture too! Its a walking tour, but there are many stops along the way! You meet great people working behind the bars and get to know the tour guide pretty well. I had a great time!! The tour cost is about $60 plus a tip for the tour guide. Also, if you're driving, you'll have to pay to park. The tour lasted about 2.5 hours, so its not short, but it went by really fast!!

Date of experience: April 2013
Reviewed April 8, 2013

John gave us a great tour of the area.

We were part of a group of six people. The small group size meant that John could take us into hotels to see lobbies and rooftops and discuss the history of the hotel. Clearly, some careful negotiation by Christine has paid off.

During the two and 1/2 hour tour, we had lots of time for photographs and looking around.

The attention before and after the tour is extra special. Even just today, she sent a note documenting the tour to remind us of what we saw. That's really helpful.

Highly recommended.

Date of experience: March 2013
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We just took this tour for the second time and enjoyed it even more than the first! Our guide was great. Very informative and attentive to our needs. I grew up here and saw things I never knew about. This is a great tour!

Date of experience: April 2013
1  Thank HowardD440
Reviewed April 1, 2013 via mobile

Great, informative, small, tour with John who was very knowledgable and very friendly. He knows all the locals getting us into some great buildings.

Reviewed March 28, 2013

Hi Christine,

I really enjoyed my tour with Robert.
Robert was informative and the information was made very enjoyable.
I liked that Robert was very conversational and did not mind answering my many (!) questions.
I learnt a lot from the tour - such interesting history on Art Deco and Miami beach.
It was the highlight of my time at Mimi Beach.

Please thank Robert for being such a fabulous guide and I will definitely recommend him to everyone!

Cheers