“Great tour of South Beach”
Review of Art Deco Tours

Art Deco Walking Tour
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Take the #1 walking tour in South Beach with the most popular tour guides in the district. Art Deco Tours, Inc.will enlighten and entertain you with fascinating facts and stories. Two hours will fly by fast. Stroll along Ocean Drive and learn about the history, the unlikely hero who saved the Art Deco buildings, the role of Hollywood and the mob. You'll learn and admire the architecture from the outside and design & decor on the inside. You will become experts in Art Deco by the end of the tour! Daily small group tours (max 8-9 people) are offered several times a day, for that personal engagement and VIP access to select buildings not permitted to large groups. Enrich your visit and learn about the culture, history and architecture of South Beach beyond the beaches! Price starts at $30 per person. Private tours also available any day or time. We also offer LITTLE HAVANA TOURS. Be sure to click the link for our web-site to learn about all our tours.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase
Reviewed April 8, 2013

John gave us a great tour of the area.

We were part of a group of six people. The small group size meant that John could take us into hotels to see lobbies and rooftops and discuss the history of the hotel. Clearly, some careful negotiation by Christine has paid off.

During the two and 1/2 hour tour, we had lots of time for photographs and looking around.

The attention before and after the tour is extra special. Even just today, she sent a note documenting the tour to remind us of what we saw. That's really helpful.

Highly recommended.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

We just took this tour for the second time and enjoyed it even more than the first! Our guide was great. Very informative and attentive to our needs. I grew up here and saw things I never knew about. This is a great tour!

1  Thank Howard D
Reviewed April 1, 2013 via mobile

Great, informative, small, tour with John who was very knowledgable and very friendly. He knows all the locals getting us into some great buildings.

Reviewed March 28, 2013

Hi Christine,

I really enjoyed my tour with Robert.
Robert was informative and the information was made very enjoyable.
I liked that Robert was very conversational and did not mind answering my many (!) questions.
I learnt a lot from the tour - such interesting history on Art Deco and Miami beach.
It was the highlight of my time at Mimi Beach.

Please thank Robert for being such a fabulous guide and I will definitely recommend him to everyone!

Cheers
Jackie

1  Thank Jackie P
Reviewed March 26, 2013

South Beach has many great buildings to look at but do you know the histroy behind them? There is nothing like a local to give you an insider's view of this area. You get to see things you would never even notice on own your own and the best part is you get to ask questions about anything that comes to mind regarding the area, the buildings, the history, the people, the food, etc.etc.. My best advice is to go on this tour as soon as you get to South Beach and the rest of your time there will be much more enjoyable.

Been to Art Deco Tours? Share your experiences!