“Stay away!!!! Run from this place!!”
Review of Medi Bar & Grill - CLOSED

Medi Bar & Grill
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Flamingo / Lummus
Reviewed October 30, 2012

TOTAL RIPOFF! KEEP ON WALKING! We were lured in with promises of 10.00 drinks and a big poster of 9.99 menu items. Obviously sounded like a good deal compared to the prices of other restaurants in the area. Once seated, they gave us a drink menu and a regular menu. No prices on the drink menu and we had to beg for a menu that reflected the 9.99 dishes out on the sidewalk area. We were also told by the waiter that the drinks are buy one get one free. So my husband and I each got one since we were told earlier they were only $10. They ended up bringing out these giant fishbowl drinks. Food was mediocre. I asked the idiot waiter twice for a cup of water before my husband had to get up and go to the bar to get one. However, they had a young man bringing out sparkling water. We immediately stopped him from pouring us the water thinking we would be charged for it. When we got our bill, they charged us 55.00 for one drink, another 20.00 for a beer, and the total was over 120.00 for mediocre food and drinks. Plus an outlandish gratuity charge. This place should be SHUT DOWN! TOTAL RIPOFF. FOR THAT MONEY WE COULD HAVE EATEN SOMEPLACE REALLY AWESOME IN SOBE. We tried to argue the bill with the waiter but they started getting aggressive with us so we paid and left. Should have called the cops.

1  Thank RudderBird
There are newer reviews for Medi Bar & Grill

Reviewed October 29, 2012

It's not that easy for me to get ripped off--I'm usually aware of the scams. Of course they have carnival barkers out front just like every other place on this strip of Ocean Drive. But I wanted breakfast kind of late in the day, and they offered it (but so do others, so I should have kept walking). The menu price wasn't bad, but when I ordered cofee and orange juice without checking the price, I should have known what was going to happen. So the "fresh" OJ was $7.50. I'm sure it was fresh a month or two ago before being frozen and shipped off then reconstituted.

The breakfast was just barely mediocre, besides. The waiter was friendly, and I felt sorry for him working in such a skeezy place. I guess they don't realize what the bad rep they are cultivating means in the long run.

Reviewed October 21, 2012

Deceiptful staff and overpriced drinks. Drink prices are not on the menu. We ordered a mojito and it was on 241. The bill came and it was $72!!! The drink was $55 and, with a gratuity added. We didn't even finish the drinks they were so horrible. Do not go here, just walk on by.

Reviewed October 18, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I were walking down Ocean drive looking for a place to eat. Nearly every place you pass someone is trying to get you to come to their restaurant and show the menu/specials. After passing through several restaurants we came to this one, the last one in the stretch. We decided to settle to eat here. It's funny how enthusiastic they were to get us in but once we were in there was S-L-O-W service, we were ignored, and it look 30 minutes to get our food...all fried (cheese sticks, chicken wings, and fries.) We were constantly asking for refills on our water and when we did it seemed like we were being the biggest inconvenience. The food was ok but certainly not worth what we paid for it. Obviously it's not fine dining but we would have been better off finding fast food. We aren't picky people but we would no recommend this restaurant...even if you are really hungry. Icing on the cake? When we were leaving, the same lady that sat us asked us if we'd like to see the specials and sit and eat...

Reviewed October 11, 2012

As many other has told this place is a scam with their prices and their empty promises. Same thong happen to us we orders a bottle of beer, out bill was for 19 USD FOR ONE BEER plus gratitude ( for what ripping me off? ). i work in south beach but have never been here before and believe me it will never happen again, i do feel sorry for all the future customers that are about to be scammed.

1  Thank Andreas L