“They stole our cell phone”
Review of Medi Bar & Grill - CLOSED

Medi Bar & Grill
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Flamingo / Lummus
Morgantown
“They stole our cell phone”
Reviewed April 4, 2012

Like others, read the reviews too late. The food was horrible. The service was horrible. We were the last table to leave and we accidentally left a cellphone. Returned 10 minutes later and the cell phone was gone. The Guatemalan bus boy was right at our table as we were leaving and acted totally suspicious when we returned for the phone. He denied seeing the phone. In the next 12 hours, over $1000.00 in phone calls to Guatemala. Went back the next two days to talk to the manager and then the owner. They agreed the bus boy probably stole the phone but their attitude was "finders keepers, losers weepers". Stay AWAY!!!!!! Stay very far AWAY.

• Visited April 2012

watch out for the $55 margaritas :) even though they were yummy

Visited March 2012
“Awful.”
Reviewed March 30, 2012 via mobile

Left me regretting that just this once, I did not look up some sort of review before eating here. It was late and we just wanted a drink a bit of food before heading back to our hotel for the evening.

All of the places on Ocean Dr look essentially the same. Same basic menu and attractive girls stopping you with offers of a table and coupons. I saw the fish bowl sized drinks, but assumed people had chosen those. I asked for a regular sized mojito and explained I didnt want something huge. Waiter said it was cheaper to get the larger one. Whatever, fine. 2 for 1 drinks apparently (still havent figured that out). Each orderd Ceviche for $15. As a ceviche fan, I can say it was mediocre (Maybe thats what Cafe Medi means?). Mojito maybe had rum in it, but did not taste it, just pure sugar. So, two ceviches and two (2 for 1?) mojitos with 18% included gratuity? $100. Insane.

And here is the best part - we had no intention of finishing the drinks since they were disgusting. The waiter seemed upset by this and offered us to go cups. I asked, "Is that legal here? I thought you could not have open alcohol." He said it wasn't a big deal - that we just needed to wrap a napkin around it. There's a sign in the restaurant by the bathrooms reminding you that it is illegal. We left the to go cups on the table and went back to the Essex House hotel bar with friendly service and a real drink (for a fraction of the price).

Don't get taken.

1 Thank Casey M
“Rude Service”
Reviewed March 26, 2012

Never go to this place !servers are rude and not attentive!plus 17% service charge included !

Ottawa, Canada
“Ask for prices!”
Reviewed March 24, 2012

I ate here on a recent trip to south beach. The food was excellent and the drinks were outstanding. Only one issue - the waiter advised it was 2 for 1 drinks when we arrived and produced the drink menu - without prices.

Our bad for not asking, but the drinks (margarita, daquari, etc.) ended up being exceptionally high priced ($25.00 and up) - and we didn't get the 2 for 1 because apparently that only applies to the exact same drink (so if you go with a different flavor daquari you are out of luck). I was on vacation so didn't protest very much, but it did irk me more than a little.

• Visited March 2012