“The real fogo de chao in south beach”

Fogo de Chao Brazilian Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #52 of 1,090 Restaurants in Miami Beach
Cuisines: Brazilian, South American, Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Buffet, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Rome, Italy
“The real fogo de chao in south beach”
Reviewed January 17, 2014

Great the real brazilian taste in Miami, same concept service and quality you will find in Sao Paulo.
The picanha as usual is great

Visited December 2013
1 Thank Cristiano C

• Turkish first
Gothenburg, Sweden
“Excellent brazilian restaurant”
Reviewed January 14, 2014

Took my wife to this local Brazilian restaurant. It was excellent in all aspects, the food, huge salad bar with everything and a little more, the meat was very good and with many different choices. The drinks and wine was very good and the service, fast and friendly. An excellent Brazilian restaurant experience.

1 Thank BjornGSallstr
Hollywood, Florida
“Surprisingly average”
Reviewed January 9, 2014

I'm a fan of Brazilian steak houses & have been to many over the years inlcuding Fogo de Chao. This was my first trip to this one and I have to say I was surprisingly disappointed. Main disappointment was with the salad bar which for me is always a significant attraction of these places. It was the skiniest, most meager salad bar I have ever experienced at a Brazilian Steak house. Selection were very few in every category including cheese, cold cuts, vegtables, etc. 1-10 I would give this salad bar a 3. most meats were good, not great. Lamb was way over cooked, chicken as well. Service was average, not the usual parade of people tripping over themselves attending to clients. Again, I am just comparing to other of these types of places. The Fogo de Chao in Chicago would be an 8, this one was a 5.

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1,044 helpful votes
“If you've been to Brazil, you'd never come here...”
Reviewed January 8, 2014

Santo Amaro, Bandeirantes, 23 Maio, Botafogo… I've been to them all. If you recognize these names it's because you know that I know, so this is as much of a message to management than to my other TA friends.

I have been a great fan of Junior's since I met him at a private function serving up his new shoulder steak creation. I respect GP investments immensely. I am sad to see that their original creation is suffering in Miami.

Normally I wouldn't go to a Churrascaria outside of Brazil, but one day I was feeling a little homesick, so I ventured out to visit a brand I enjoy a great deal. Very disappointing experience.

Service, food and ambience all are greatly lacking in comparison to their Brazilian counterparts.

The cuts of meat, albeit bearing the same name, lacked in taste and quality to the meats you get in Brazil. Also the selection is far inferior to what you get in Brazil. The salad bar is a joke in comparison to Brazil. Fewer selections, not freshly kept…a sad comparison. I won't even comment about the side dishes…very disappointing…arrived cold and poor selection.

The service by Miami standards is not bad…it's just a far cry from what I am accustomed from in Brazil. The pace was slow(er). The food did not come out hot.

The place is a funkier, Miami adaptation of the Brazilian restaurants. Although the Brazilian branches had had a wide variety of "looks" in the past (Santo Amaro was very different from Bandeirantes), but they spent a lot of money standardizing their format since then. In Miami, the place is compartmentalized, not open, like in Brazil. Too much frosted glass and mirrors for my taste. Didn't care for it.

I have never been to another Brazilian Churrascaria outside Brazil, so I cannot compare Fogo de Chao Miami to other US-Brazilian converts/copies (Texas do Brazil, etc). However I can tell you this is a far cry from the true Brazilian experience. The expression "when in Rome" comes to mind. If you want meat in Miami, go to a US Steakhouse. Fortunately there is no lack of great places to choose from (Prime 112, BLT, S&W, Capital Grille to name a few).

Alas I will have to wait to get my polenta e picanha for my return to Brazil.

Once again, please keep in mind that I am rating this place as it compares to other Fogo de Chaos I know.

Was this helpful? Please let me know.

• Visited October 2013
5 Thank Knownews
“Delish”
Reviewed January 5, 2014

This classic brazilian style rodizio, is a great option for lunch or dinner on south beach. Don't be too tempted by the awesome salad bar, as the best part is the large selection of meats!

Leave some room for the ribs, they're braised for 8 hours and the result is incredible!

At