“Fogo de chao cannot maintain a consistent level across their chain”

Fogo de Chao Brazilian Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #79 of 1,160 Restaurants in Miami Beach
Cuisines: Brazilian, South American, Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Buffet, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Reviewed October 26, 2013

I have eaten at Fog De Chao for the first time in Austin Texas, and was blown away!
Then I have tried out several other restaurants of the chain, but failed to relive my first experience.
I have tries Washington DC, Baltimore, and they were mediocre a best.
This week I have tried South beach Miami, and boy was that a disappointment.
The pork chops were horrible . The lamb was pretty bad as well. All meats extra salty, and dry. It was impossible to get a medium portion, let alone rare.
There wasn't a cut of meat I liked.
A horrible experience overall.
Service was good, but cannot make up for the horrible food.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,265)

Reviewed October 20, 2013

My visit to Fogo de Chao in Miami Beach was as I expected it to be. The steak was great, the salad bar was also very good and the staff was extremely friendly. It's not a cheap place, but if you want excellent dining and service, it's definitely worth it!

Reviewed October 15, 2013

When you are in a place to spend $150+ you simply deserve the best and they do it. Meat fans in Miami, go to this place! Several options and the "you-ask-we-get" type of service. Not comparable to the Brazilian Fogo though, but since we are not in Brazil... Just great!

Reviewed October 8, 2013

We have been to several Fogo's in different States and even countries (Portugal). This one is every bit as good as all the rest and I would say their salad buffet was one of the best. The service is impeccable, the capirinhas delicious (a must for us to drink with the meal!) and of course the variety of meats is excellent. It's very reasonable at lunch time and it wasn't necessary to reserve a table.

Reviewed October 7, 2013

This restaurant continually offers a very delightful experience. I have been here on multiple occasions with a variety of family members and we have always enjoyed the food, service, and variety that a churrascaria offers. In addition, the interior is well decorated and the liquor and wine menus are very adequate. If you are having a special occasion, or want to change a “normal” dinner into a special occasion, I recommend you try Fogo de Chao in Miami, or one of their other locations.

1  Thank Rich M