“Expensive Miami Beach restaurant”
Review of Mr Chow

Mr Chow
Reserve with OpenTable
Mr Chow is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #219 of 1,096 Restaurants in Miami Beach
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Nautilus
Cross street: 22nd and Collins
Miami
“Expensive Miami Beach restaurant”
Reviewed October 4, 2013

Food was ok , to noisy. Beautiful place and Sobe price. Located in the beautiful W hotel .
Staff look be in hurry, They don't make me comfortable.

• Greek first
Sao Paulo, SP
“Best chinese”
Reviewed September 29, 2013

It was the best food I've ever eaten in a chinese food. When I discovered Mr. Chow, I ended up going two nights in a row, because it was absolutely delicious. Actually, everyone and I fell in love with two particular dishes. I don't remember the name, but you should definitely order the glazed prawns, and the other one comes with lettuce pieces, where you can put chopped chicken in it. It may sound weird this second one, but I guarantee that is amazing!! It's a little bit pricey. It's the perfect restaurant to go with your loved one, or on a special night.

• Visited January 2013
New York City, New York
“Miami Spice (Semi-Nice)”
Reviewed September 23, 2013

I've always wanted to try the famous Mr Chow restaurant, & the Miami Spice Fest seemed like the perfect opportunity. Every Aug & Sep hundreds of restaurants in Miami Beach & Miami offer prix fixe menus for presumably less than their regular prices. I'm vegan, & many menus (which usually say "no substitutions") don't have vegan options, but I've attended Miami Spice Fest for yrs, & most restaurants are happy to allow vegan options since it costs them less than their other items, but I always phone first to be sure, & Mr Chow did agree to a vegan substitution, but when we arrived, they refused. My boyfriend isn't vegan, so I decided to just sit with him while he ate, but they told us "no sharing" was allowed. I didn't want to share his meal since he didn't want to eat vegan, but they insisted that 2 people ordering just one meal was "sharing" & they wouldn't allow it. At this point I just wanted to leave, but my boyfriend is more patient, polite & persistent than I am, & they finally said they would "see what could be done" ... & then they ignored us for half an hour. When we reminded them of our presence, they served me a side-dish-sized plate of ho-hum vegetables as an entree, & altho their Miami Spice Menu includes an appetizer, they said they had no vegan appetizers. My vegetables were ok, nothing special, & my boyfriend said the same about his Prawns, & we both had some unimpressive sorbet for dessert. Their prix fixe menu was $39 per person, but millions of Chinese restaurants serve such meals for $10. Uber-upscale places like Mr Chow charge premium prices & should provide premium service to justify the high prices, but they definitely didn't. They could've so easily given me a small, simple salad as an appetizer, but they made it clear they couldn't be bothered, even tho the place wasn't crowded & they weren't busy. No one was rude, but they did convey the notion that they were doing me a big favor by allowing me to eat their miniscule, mediocre meal for 4 times the price that it was worth! So I finally got to try eating at Mr Chow, & I'm honestly not sorry I went, but it was far from the exceptional dining experience that they pretend to be, & I wouldn't go back. If anyone in the Miami area is interested in the Miami Spice Fest, it runs thru the end of Sep, & plenty of the participating restaurants are better & lower-priced than Mr Chow. Check it all out at miamispice.com.

Long Island, NY
“Great place, great food”
Reviewed September 16, 2013

Loved the atmosphere and food. Specially their well knows duck dish. The drinks were fabolous and it was very conveniently located in the W. I would definitely go back.

Sao Paulo, SP
“This is a no mistake. Always excellent!”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

There are no risks goping to Mr. Chow in Miami Beach. The environment is always something full of good looking people. The food has no mistakes. We had chicken satay and pork dumpling as starters, and had green shrimp and MA Fillet as main dishes. You CAN NOT miss it. Service is always good and professional and there are always those interesting demonstrations (how the mannualy prepare the pasta...)