“Poor food. High priced. Great service. Great aymosphere”
Review of Mr Chow

Mr Chow
Reserve with OpenTable
Mr Chow is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #202 of 1,107 Restaurants in Miami Beach
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Nautilus
Cross street: 22nd and Collins
Reviewed May 4, 2013

Title says it all. Extremely mediocre food - ESP for te price. If you're ging solely based on the food, might as well go to pf changs which is much better! Ridiculous prices. Food was room temp and lacked flavor. However, if you're going for a fun atmosphere this is a great place to grab a drink before heading out on the town. The service was also excellent. I only wish the food was better or else I'd be a regular!

Reviewed April 21, 2013

I had high expectations but was severely let down and really regretted booking this restaurant, First of all we are on time for our table booking but they kept us waiting to be seated for ages. The first thing I did not like was the fact that there is only a few inches between tables, I don't have a problem with this in a low key restaurant but this is a high end restaurant and I don't really want to listen to the conversation of the next table. The next thing was the table had a wobble which is awful when trying to eat, we asked a member of staff to sort it out and the answer was "its on carpet nothing I can do" and he promptly walked off, no attempt to resolve or ask if we wanted to move somewhere else. We said we would not bother with the "fixed" menu after having the "hard sell" from the waiter and ordered 2 starters, 2 mains and 2 rice. The starters both came relatively quickly. My friend ordered salt and pepper prawn but when biting into it discovered that it was still in its shell. I am not a chef but when do you batter prawn in the shell ? After a bit of an argument with the waiter about the topic they agreed to provide an alternative. This arrived after about 10 mins and about a minute after that both mains and rice arrived. We said we had not finished the starter and can they take it away. We got a scoff from the waiter and reluctantly he took it away. I am pretty sure they just put it on the side as it was not very hot when coming back to the table. I also got quite annoyed with the water waiter who kept filling or trying to fill our glasses of sparkling water with tap water. When the bill came they had charged for 2 MR CHOW menus @ $62 each, after stating we had not ordered that we were told that was the cheapest way to do it. Not convinced by this I asked to see the menu and the total food came to $114 not $124 as they charged, so a bit of a scam.

In summary staff with attitude, very ordinary uninspiring and expensive food, better off going somewhere else!

2  Thank David987
Reviewed April 13, 2013

We know Mr Chow's from NYC. This one is flashier but the food was good and the atmosphere glamorous.

Reviewed April 10, 2013

This place is terrible and because of the trendy crowds at the W, it will probably survive, unfortunately. Place is beautiful. Menu seemed great. Received a bunch of double talk from the waiter, who obviously wanted us to order off the price fixe, rather than individually. We ordered 6 appetizers and 5 entrees for 5 people. We received all 6 of our appetizers within 5 minutes of our ordering. We asked that they take 3 back and let us enjoy our meal and space out the food. Well, that's where the attitude with the waiter began. I guess we weren't the customers. Believe me, we asked nicely. So to make a long story short, we left before our entrees came and ended up in a back street bar, where we were treated like real customers. Don't go there. There are many restaurants where you'll enjoy spending your money.

2  Thank travellerNewJersey
Reviewed April 6, 2013

There were 6 of us and we sat in a cabana outside. We arrived early (for Miami standards) and there wasn't a sole in the restaurant, except for outside. The weather couldn't have been better.

Funny thing is, we never ordered. When the waiter approached the table it looked like he had menus in his hand and suggested we start with 4 appetizers and 4 main courses. That'd be enough for 6 people. Asked if we had any food allergies. We were all talking and the next thing we knew - appetizers were arriving at the table. We were all a little perplexed however, they were delicious. Same for the main course, they just arrived. Again, just delicious.

The service was top notch, very polite and attentive. Our glasses were never empty of water or wine! The music was 80's that night and couldn't have been better!!

Two and a half hours later when we left, the place was hopping and it was standing room only.

I only wish the waiter would have explained the ordering process better. Even now, I couldn't tell you if you can order off the menu or they do the ordering for you!!