“I wish I could give all 5's”
Review of Mr Chow

Mr Chow
Reserve with OpenTable
Mr Chow is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #212 of 1,090 Restaurants in Miami Beach
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Nautilus
Cross street: 22nd and Collins
Houston
“I wish I could give all 5's”
Reviewed January 3, 2013 via mobile

After reading what the other reviewers said some I agree with and others, well, we had a different experience.... On our visit, we had reservations and were taken to our table. We had many servers and while the service was great in the beginning, it started to decline as the volume of the crowd grew. As for the food.... Fantastic! I must mention, the menu was confusing and as they like to do in Miami.... Get you for every penny. Besides the up charge for the water trickery, it's what I expected to pay. All and all a great experience...

• Greek first
NYC
“Why are they located in the W hotel?”
Reviewed December 29, 2012

The hostess is so arrogant. Stuffs you in a corner while there are plenty of seats. When you ask if you can move he says they are all reserved.
I asked for extra satay sauce and the server said no.

I spent close to $300 last night. McDonald's treat you better then these guys
I suggest you don't go.
The food is good but the chicken satay gets smaller in size every year. It tasted like rubber this time.

I was forced to go here again as I was staying in the W. the W hotel should be ashamed to be in the same building as Chow as the W has superb customer service.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank GoodManNYC
New York City, New York
“Hidden charges and attitude”
Reviewed December 13, 2012

Tricky complicated pricing on the menu, you end up paying much more than the waiter implies due to hidden up-charges. Same in NYC. Filet mignon will cost you $7 more per person (not $5 as they claim), not worth it at all, get chicken and walnuts instead without the surcharge. And arrogance is definitely their trademark.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank Nat1231
Bergamo, Italy
“wonderful”
Reviewed December 12, 2012

another mr. chow but always same quality as in new york, i ate at the bar and it is always so delicious, try the polenta with a glass of pinot

Visited November 2012
1 Thank RealBusinessReview
Greenwich, Connecticut
“Miserable”
Reviewed December 10, 2012

We were reluctantly greeted by a very rude hostess, and seated more than an hour after our reservation. To make matters worse it took an hour after we were seated to get silverware. Although we ordered an expensive bottle of wine ($250) our serve couldn't be bothered to open it until we were done with our first course. Had we not been hosting guests we would have left.

The staff are clearly armatures, the food is good but not great, and the management sets a tone that is just short of abusive. My tea was served in an expresso cup, the expresso was served in huge coffee cups. With so many great dining options in South Beach, why would anyone come here? It was a stressful, horrible experience that we will never repeat. We're fortunate to have dined is some top places and this pales in comparison to an average experience.

• Visited December 2012