“Excellent food quality and variety, great atmosphere”
Review of Mr Chow

Mr Chow
Reserve with OpenTable
Mr Chow is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #219 of 1,096 Restaurants in Miami Beach
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Nautilus
Cross street: 22nd and Collins
Sacramento, California
“Excellent food quality and variety, great atmosphere”
Reviewed October 5, 2012

Located in the W Hotel in Miami Beach, a very nice restaurant for upscale chinese food, well prepared and service is excellent, but extremely pricey. Presentation of Beijing duck is outstanding. It is not cheap to eat here but the food is good. The wine list is very, very pricey with prices often exceeding 4x retail. As nice as it was, the cost of dining here would make me opt for other dining options, it is just Chinese food.....

• Visited October 2012

• Greek first
Lake District, England
“Simply go elsewhere”
Reviewed September 26, 2012

I am not sure if we ate at the same place as some of these reviews but it was simply aweful! I only gave it a Poor rather than Terrible as the service was actually reasonable.

Why such a bad experience, we generally eat in restuarants with a cost fo say $200-400 for the meal with a bottle of wine, so this at $ 300 was not as expensive of some. I do expect however a table where you are not rubbing shoulders with the person next to you as you are closer to them than the person opposite you at the table when in this catogory of restuarant.

So seating is terrible, just trying to pack them in, secondly the music, it varied by type so many times during the meal we lost track! Music should create an atmosphere which means it needs to at least keep to some sort of theme rather than be classical one minute, pop the next!

As for the food, I eat a lot of Asian food and while a lot of it in Asia, also in Europe and in America and this was easily the most bland tasteless food I have ever had, it was so poor and not just one coarse, all of it, some were mildly better than others but on a scale of some were bad others were terrible!

The service was actually the only plus point, it was reasonable, nothing spectacular, but attentive and polite.

My advice is simply avoid it, there are so many better options, even if it is raining outside its worth getting soaked to eat ealswhere!

1 Thank BeReasonable
Edmonton, Canada
“Amazing, but glad we went during the "special"”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Decore was lovely, and service superb. We went with the special plate pricing, and had more than enough food for the four of us. We added the duck, very yummy. The noodle making presentation was very impressive, and it was a special night out. Very enjoyable.

Jacksonville, Florida
“Much ado about average...”
Reviewed September 22, 2012

My friends and I were excited about our dinner reservations at Mr. Chow. Beautiful place, but I just wasn't impressed. We were seated at a 4 top next to the kitchen door. I actually changed my seat so I could see better because a lot goes on at Mr. Chow. The staff is well trained, especially in selling drinks and champagne...everything is professionally presented, but I didn't think it was extraordinary, just average. Interesting concept, everything is shared, and they really rush you through dinner, which was a turn-off. Mr. Chow is a great place if you want to be entertained and spend a lot. I expect more when spending over $400 for dinner...ciao!

hollywood
“Ive had better Chinese ....”
Reviewed September 21, 2012

The restaurant is beautifully decorated and has a very luxurious feel you feel the energy and catering from the second you step your foot down. Friendly respectful and professional staff and very polite host. We went for the Miami Spice promotion and I have mixed reviews. The food was just good. Nothing spectacular, no dish that completely stood out on its own. Everyone loved the squab lettuce wraps, the fish dumplings, the oyster beef and sweet and sour pork but felt disappointed when it came to our noodle dishes, even the Mr. chow noodles that are given to every table were just bland. It may be due to the spice menu they didn't put their best foot forward but for the money (even with the promotion our bill was over $100) you can get a far superior tasting authentic Chinese meal at places like Christine Lee's In the Gulfstream (Hallandale, FL). Mr. Chow Miami certainly did not live up to its hype.