“Great place to watch sporting events”

Playwright Irish Pub
Ranked #423 of 1,137 Restaurants in Miami Beach
Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: Late Night
Neighborhood: Flamingo / Lummus
Reviewed July 7, 2014

Went to see an Ufc fight (Edgar vs. Penn 3 ), they had it on 2 Tvs and even offered to turn it on on another one just for me. They had everything else going on , including the Tour de France. Ample seating, plenty air condition to counter the sultry south Florida summers and properly chilled Guiness. What else could you possibly want? Service is friendly and attentive. They also have one of those new web based jukeboxes tied to an awesome speaker system. I got a little carried away with that, so another patron, Bonnie asked me if they could put the fight on the speakers, which is what I had come for anyway, and her being a sweet cutie, I obliged. Meaning great relaxed friendly atmosphere. A place to chill and wait out the heat. Bonnie, Bonnie, where are thee.

Ah, forgot to mention, they seem to be pet friendly.

Reviewed July 2, 2014 via mobile

I went with my friends to have cocktails and watch a football match, the service was great with no fuss, the food was good. Maybe there was a few to many people but it was humid and hot, no body was standing so I figure it was not the people.

Reviewed July 1, 2014

My wife and I enquired about a good place to go for a cooling drink whilst shopping and were recommended to go to the Playwright. We had a swift one in the early afternoon and then returned for Happy Hour later.
We had some snacks, two for one drinks and played free pool. The bar staff were friendly and welcoming and the local clientele an interesting mix. Plus they served the best Guiness I have ever had the pleasure to be served in the US.
All and all it was a great place to visit and just a short walk from Miami Beach.

Reviewed June 27, 2014

Myself and two friends came here on June 14 2014 to watch England's World Cup game v Italy and was pleasantly surprised. I had recently found this pub online so had planned to go here and we were surprised to see how many English fans had turned out to watch the game in here. The Atmosphere was cracking and as good as any pub back in the UK when the footy (soccer) is on. One thing we did find is that ordering a jug of beer which gives you 3 pints is like 10 dollars cheaper than buying 3 seperate pints. I'd definately return here if I ever came back to Miami.

Reviewed April 13, 2014

we were just saying how we liked this bar: good atmosphere, good beer, ok food, good sports...then they overcharged us and blew it. Big advert in window for $13 Sam Adams pitcher then charged us $17 plus tax plus 18% service. hugely annoying. Don't do it guys, just be honest.

3  Thank mrstodd