“A great place to hang out”

Playwright Irish Pub
Ranked #391 of 1,080 Restaurants in Miami Beach
Cuisines: Irish, Bar, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Drinks, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Flamingo / Lummus
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A great place to hang out”
Reviewed May 6, 2013 via mobile

A wonderful place to hang out with a friend and share a we few pints together. The staff knew how to give us space to connect and feel like we were the only ones in the place. Great 2-for-1 happy hour from 4-7 on week nights. I recommend the black velvet.

• Visited May 2013

Wautoma, Wisconsin
“Cool place”
Reviewed April 23, 2013

Went here for some Irish food. Great food. Only thing is I couldn't find any alcohol I like to drink. My brand of whiskey was unavailable, No Dr.'s and several other drinks I asked for were uavailable. Definitely no Brandy either. Finally I laughed and asked the bartender to make me something fruity whatever he made tasted pretty good. Not sure if smoking laws are the same 6 months later but smoking in the bar was legal while we visited. Didn't bother me but it might bother some.

Visited September 2012
Maraval, Trinidad
“IRISH WHAT PART IS IRISH.”
Reviewed April 16, 2013

HMMM no irish cider, no irish ales, beginning to wonder if it is just the name. food was only ok and the place could do with a spring clean, it is good for watching the world go by on south beach and sit with a beer (american beer)

Visited April 2013
Rockville Centre
“Smoky haze”
Reviewed March 29, 2013

Would like to have stayed but we were greeted by a lot of smoke and couldn't get past it... Being from NY I haven't been in a "smoking" restaurant in years... Not sure what the FL laws are BUT I think smoking is allowed in Bars..unfortunately there isn't really a distinction between restaurant and bar here...too bad... It looked like a really cool neighborhood pub..

• Visited March 2013
2 Thank Sthrnbel
Bloomington, IN
“Decent food, good atmosphere for a game”
Reviewed March 12, 2013

We stopped by here to watch some college basketball on our trip to South Beach last month. Dark, very typical of a musty Irish pub feel, but the food was good and the beer was plentiful. We will consider this place again next time we are in South Beach.

Visited February 2013