“Great Irish Pub”

Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: Late Night
Neighborhood: Flamingo / Lummus
Reviewed September 29, 2012

We stumbled upon this place when we were walking the streets of Miami desperate to get out of the sun.

This place has a proper 'pub' feel to it. I.E. - dark with little nooks and crannies. Even better, there wasn't any children present and you could smoke at the bar! I am a non smoker but like traditional pubs where you can smoke and drink and where children are not present. I don't know if the Playwright allows children but it was so refreshing to find an old fashioned boozer!
I just wish we could have somewhere like this in England where pubs sadly seem to be more like creches and less like watering holes.

The food was good and the beer was reasonably priced. The Playwright shows a lot of Premiership matches so when it is a match day they lower the price of drinks and food.

The neighbourhood looks a bit dodgy but we felt perfectly safe walking around the vicinity. When I'm next in Miami I'll definitely return.

Tip - If, like me, you are not too keen on the streaky bacon you always get served in the US ask for Irish bacon if ordering food in the Playwright as it is proper back bacon just like you get back home.

Reviewed August 31, 2012 via mobile

Went for lunch. Great portion. Shepherds Pie. $12.99. Had a salad too. Nice authentic Irish pub atmosphere. Wooden floor in a usually stucco wall area. Great for viewing soccer match!

Reviewed August 28, 2012

this place is nothing special, we decided to try it for lunch one day, and were practically the only people in the place. I had a chicken wrap with french fries, decent food, but not out of this world or anything. I did like that they make their own fries.(I think) Prices weren't bad.

Reviewed August 21, 2012

Stopped in here for lunch. We were staying nearby and wanted to get into somewhere cool. The menu was decently priced and the food was good. No complaints.

Reviewed May 5, 2012

Nothing special, but a nice place to have a few beers and escape the South Beach club scene. Good coverage of sporting events.