“Very clean hotel, good location”
Review of Townhouse Hotel

Townhouse Hotel
Ranked #123 of 212 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed June 10, 2014 via mobile

The room and the hotel were very clean and smelled good. It is also very close to the beach. The breakfast had very few choices but at least they were always stocked and tasted ok. The parking fee is insane at $34 per night. However, there are a city parking lot for about $10 per night next door and another one for free 10 minutes walk away (on 27th street)

Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank duvu

Reviewed June 3, 2014

We took a superior room and that was a good choice. The decoration of the hotel is great. The service of the people is great. Location of the hotel is great, near to the beach and not far away from the Ocean drive, you can walk at the boardwalk to Ocean drive.

Room Tip: Avoid a room at the Collinson Ave because of the traffic noise.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 21, 2014

This hotel is very minimal, no furniture in the rooms, but still clean and well decorated to mask the age of the building. I was traveling alone on business and wanted to stay somewhere that I could "experience Miami" when my business for the day was over and this place accomplished that perfectly. As people have stated, the rooms are very loud... I woke up a few times at night thinking I had left a window open, but it was really just the sound coming through the cement walls... Mostly conversations from outdoors and cars honking. By night 2, I had gotten used to it though and slept fine. Breakfast is also very minimal, but they had hard boiled eggs with I loved to satisfy my need for protein and also take a few extra for lunch. Since I was traveling alone so this place worked out great for me. Had I been with someone else, or planned on spending a lot of time in my hotel room, I probably would have opted for a hotel with bigger rooms. Valet parking is really your only option and is $34 a day. The beach is just a few minutes walk and takes you to the very north end of South Beach. All in all, I liked staying here and I'd do it again if traveling alone.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed May 9, 2014

To me, the hotel rooms are NOT CLEAN! I found hairs a few times...yew.....
WC nooot clean, shower not clean, and floor not clean!
And it is VERY LOUD VERY LATE! (even with earpluggs...)
The hotel is not direct on the beach.
Most of the front desk staff are ok but thats it..Don't ask anything to the other staff..
No pool.
Your not allowed to take food or drinks on their "famous" roof top, so if you stay the afternoon, you have to buy..
It is veeerrryyy cold in the lobby...So take a jaket when you go for "breakfast"...
Most of the time there are not enough places to seat at breakfast..
Breakfast is very simple, no fresh juices, no yogurts, poor...
Ladies, if you were high heels and want to go to clubs...take a taxi....it is not centerd..
Managing team not reactive...
To bad...

Room Tip: The different room i stayed in were not clean and loud!!
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 9, 2014 via mobile

Location and rooftop bar make this hotel worth the stay. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. The rooftop bar is a nice place to enjoy a cocktail in the evening before heading to ocean drive. Old building but what I expected. Room has minimal furnishings but was clean and comfortable.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 7, 2014

Hotel was excellent. Room very clean and airy. Staff very friendly and extremely helpful. Near to restaurants and bars. Rooftop bar had just opened so was not very busy. Opens until 3 am. Continental breakfast was good and tea and coffee available all day,

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Lozzer26
Reviewed May 6, 2014

I purchased a 2 night stay at the townhouse at a charity silent auction. When I tried to use it, I was told that the hotel was under new ownership and that they were not sure how they were handling gift certificates. I had to talk to the management before they could book my stay. I am an accountant. I know that the value of the gift certificates is considered a liability when you make the purchase so it is not like they were losing money. I tried to call the manager and got no answer. I left a message and could never get a call back. I could understand if they wanted to limit the days to non-peak periods, but I was trying to use it in off season during the middle of the week which should have been during their lowest occupancy. And they don't even have the decency to return the call to tell me that they wont accept it? I don't know about you, but a hotel that will not even return a call is not one that I would trust to provide good quality service. There are way too many hotels in Miami Beach to have to put up with bad service. The only good out of this was at least my money went to a charity.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo