“Great value & location” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #119 of 206 Hotels in Miami Beach
Warrington England
“Great value & location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

Very pleased with the hotel. Excellent location close to the beach, away from the clubs but within walking distance of shops and restuarants.

Pleased with room as it was slightly larger than expected. The only criticism was the noise of the aircon units on the roof of the building next door which were extremly loud. We stayed on the third floor in an odd numbered room. It was very noticeable but strangely didn't seem to bother us at night.

The breakfast was great (and available until quite late in the morning) with all the basics which kept you going until lunch. Coffee was available most of the day.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Friedberg, Hessen, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

I'm from Germany and I spent my vacation in the "Townhouse Hotel" ! The very relaxed atmosphere and the very good and friendly service procured me a wonderful time!!!
Thank you to the whole team of the Townhouse Hotel. You were the coronation of my holiday.
Great little breakfast included, very clean and stylish rooms, cycles and a fantastic roof top, all this
just one minute walk from the beach.I will come back...

Room Tip: ...check the suites - it's worth ;-)
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

We stayed for two nights in April 2013 The staff is ok but a bit more interested would not hurt .
The positive thing is the location. It is right next to the beach and close to all shops and restaurants . The room we first got offered was on the backside of the hotel this is a noisy envrionment due to a food factory right next to the hotel. We than moved to room 108 and this was fine. Rooms are sensitive to noise but it did not disturb us. These night club complaints we did not get . Valet parking yeah expensive but parking is an issue in this area.
The breakfast is ok for me ! it was nice and friendly . The only small thing is the price for two beds and an umbrella for the beahc which is quite a bit. Internet is excellent .

Room Tip: book on the front of the building
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
manchester
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

Townhouse is a good option for the first time in miami for a couple. I carefully choose the location as we handed the hire car back after driving from Orlando to key west to miami. I definitely choose the most luxury location possible. Townhouse sits next to the most expensive hotels in SoBe creating a luxury surrounding at a significantly cheaper price. We had cocktails and food at the shore club next door. We partied at baoli, the mynt club and SLS across the road. We also went to LIV on friday which was good too. All the hotels and bars are full of the rich/wanabees and the good looking so expect a big check. Fortunately for us, on two occasions we were approached by promoters that let us in for free past the line and gave us a table with a bottle of goose! Although I thought some places were trying to copy off ibiza clubs, miami is defiantly cool by American standards. Lincoln mall is a few blocks down which is more commercial but still carrying a price tag.

As for the hotel, it nearly met my expectations. When I booked the hotel I thought the rooftop was impressive and it claimed to have parties at night from Thursday but every time I went up I was the only one there - day and night. I don't know if this is something they only do at peak season but they didn't mention anything about it when we checked in. We ended up just strolling over the road to the beach which was ideal. Townhouse did provide Sunbeds at an expensive rate which I thought was cheeky as the other hotels don't charge but I guess that's why the other hotels charge $500 a night. You get what you pay for in miami.

Fortunately, I like minimalist so the rest of the hotel was nice and the rooms were just what we needed. The staff were lovely and all very helpful and eager to ask if I needed anything. The breakfast was also minimalist but I'm not a big eater so it was fine with me. They provide coffee 24/7 which was perfect.

One thing that was really annoying - the cleaner accidentally threw away a present for my mum from Disney for Mother's Day. It was on the bed side table in a Disney plastic bag. If it was trash I would have put it in the trash myself or somewhere really obvious that it was trash, like the floor. Townhouse apologized and refunded $20 although it wasn't the money I was bothered about. It would cost a lot more and a lot more time to go back to Disney Orlando and buy it again. I was just relieved they had a safe in the room and I used it.

Even after a few issues, if I was to come to miami again I would 100% stay at townhouse if I was on a budget. But after seeing the hotels next door I would save and go all out. Before coming to miami a few people warned me of its tackiness and nicknamed it 'mean miami' but staying at townhouse and the surroundings has given me the opposite opinion. Maybe they stayed in a different area??!

Loved it!!

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank kingy1990
natalie k, Manager at Townhouse Hotel, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Hi there,

Thank you for the lovely comments about the Townhouse.
Your opinions are very important to us as we strive to meet the needs of our guests.

Best regards,

Natalie Kramer
Hotel Director
Wharton, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

My husband and I just spend 6 days at the hotel for mi b-day, it was nice !!!!! close to the beach ,shops ,restaurants ,clubs and transportation . we didn't rent a car but the people at the hotel help us to take the bus to little Havana ,suuuperrr !!!.. and we walk to other places in South Beach . It is true about the noise because there is a club next to the hotel , but you can sleep , is not that bad . The only inconvenience I think ... it was that you have to pay 30 buck for 2 chairs and umbrella at the beach everyday , I think that is expensive, I think they should get their own service and charge half of it .... really good Hotel for and average price ,specially because they serve a simple breakfast , more than enough , I'm happy , I think can easily go back .

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Istanbul, Turkey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

We stayed at Townhouse Hotel for 2 nights in March 2013. The location of the hotel is perfect if you want to be close to beach, clubs, restaurants and shops. Although it could a little bit noisy ( It maybe because of all the teenagers spending their spring break in Miami ) the breakfast is ok if you don't expect too much. The staff was kind and helpful.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

I am well traveled and have stayed in all types of hotels, so I did not mind the minimal decor. Upon check in I was given room 118. This room is on the second floor and the roof of the first floor surrounds the building. My windows would not lock, which worried me so I asked for a different room. I was given 411, and told there might be a little noise from the air conditioner. I asked the bell boy if the noise I heard was what I would be hearing and he said "yes". The noise I heard was the bass and music coming from Mynt Lounge. It was so loud it shook my windows and kept me up until 5:00am.

I went down the next morning and asked for a different room, and the new guy at the counter knew all about the noise from Mynt. He told me I would need to stay on the front of the building to not hear the nightclub. I was told I would have to check out of the hotel by 12, and recheck back in after 3. I did this and got room 217, which was better as it was closer to the front. I could still hear the club, but I was able to sleep.

Now to the parking, I knew about the $34 a day valet, and I was fine with that. At checkout, I told the guy at the counter that I would be back at 3pm to get my car. He said "no Problem". Upon returning at 3pm, I was told that since I did not get it by 2pm, I owed another $12. I paid it just to get out, and it took over 20 minutes to get my car.

Townhouse ruined a birthday weekend with friends....

Room Tip: Stay on the front side of the building. The noise from Mynt Lounge shakes the windows on the back s...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
    • 1 of 5 stars
natalie k, Manager at Townhouse Hotel, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Dear keith,

I am very sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your experience at the Townhouse.
We are located in the heart of South Beach and sometimes the festivities can be an inconvenience to certain guests.

Best regards,