“Need to get away from the Crazies!”
Review of The Burger & Beer Joint - CLOSED

The Burger & Beer Joint
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children, Bar scene
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 18th and Bay Road
Reviewed May 1, 2013 via mobile

After staying several days at the Fountainebleau, we needed to get back in touch with real people! It's a "whole in the wall" kind of place and my husband said his burger was great! My marinated salad was not! I know...don't order a salad at a burger joint! The fried pickles we had for an appetizer were ok...not as good as Texas fried pickles, but we still had a fun time way from hubbub of the resort.

Reviewed April 29, 2013

Not that the food is bad as it is not, however its nothing special, just that simple! The prices are a bit steep for a burger and the appetizers are nothing you cannot get anywhere. Duck fat fries are average and the miniture hot dogs are again, just okay. Would I eat there again, probably if I don't care what I am wanting to eat!

1  Thank larafmagic
Reviewed April 28, 2013

We ate at The Burger & Beer Joint on our last night in Miami Beach. We were staying on Ocean Drive and wanted something away from the Saturday Night Craziness of SoBe. This place was awesome! Burgers were fantastic! We had mini corn dogs and fried pickles for starters. The beer list is phenomenal - you even get to taste your beer before they pour the bottle just in case you don't like it. Service was excellent - we were travelling on a girls' weekend and one of us had a birthday - a brownie sundae was brought to our table with a candle. It wasn't tacky though - no singing, other than us. There isn't much around the restaurant, took a taxi there and then walked to the Lincoln Street Mall for drinks later. I would highly recommend if you are looking for a liad back restaurant with good food. It seemed kid friendly as well (although I didn't notice if there was a specific kids' menu).

Reviewed April 13, 2013

Had the mustang sally on a bed of lettuce and fried zucchini. I can still taste it in my mouth. Best burger i ever had. Make sure you don't miss this if you are in town.

Reviewed April 12, 2013

We ate at the burger and beer joint twice before and after a cruise we took from Miami at the end of March 2013. We went there on a Thursday night the 1st time at around 8pm no reservation and where told it would be 45 minutes to an hour wait so we sat at the bar and had a beer, after 15 minutes we decided to eat at the bar. We ordered the deep fried pickles and the pig in a bucket. The pickles were good but the bacon was amazing. The only problem was that when the burgers came we were so full from the apps and beer we could not really enjoy the burgers. When we returned from our cruise we decided to go back but this time we made a reservation online and no apps! We made our own burgers the 2nd time which were great but you cannot really go wrong with anything on the menu in my opinion a great place to eat and hang out will visit again next time we are in the area.