“Good for the price and location in Miami beach”

Cavalier Crab Shack
Ranked #714 of 1,142 Restaurants in Miami Beach
Cuisines: Seafood
Neighborhood: Flamingo / Lummus
Neighborhood: Flamingo / Lummus
Reviewed March 28, 2014

I think the price was fair for the quality and the fact that it is in miami beach in ocean drive.
The service was correct, not too slow not too fast. The waiter was quite friendly.
But the the gratuity (18 %) is already included in the bill, which i found not cool. So no need to add it again.
food quality was correct.

Reviewed February 25, 2014 via mobile

It is my first dinner in this restaurant. I liked it but nothing special, the service was slow to get my order.

Reviewed February 24, 2014

Went there for dinner....food was less than average and in the smallest print possible, it says an automatic 18% tip is added.... who reads the fine print by candlelight.... I added a 20% when we finished the meal...when we complained the next morning, we were told "all the restaurants automatically charge the tip" .... So beware!!!!!

We would have settled for free drinks as compensation....didn't get them...
Skip this restaurant!

1  Thank annapolitan51
Reviewed December 1, 2013

The prices were high and the service lousy and they add huge tip on the bill no matter what. When you think you are ordering something they don't tell you each item is billed separately such as sea food platter. The bill was $80.00 for sea food platter and the total bill was $114.00 with 2 beers and tip. Will never go back there again.

Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

Went here for a drink when in Miami with family recently. Didn't get ripped off on the cocktails as others have, as I'm pregnant so only one of us drinking.
Nice to sit outside overlooking the beach, people-watching. It looked and felt a bit manky inside when we went in to use the loo, to be honest.
Service slow but pleasant and we weren't in a huge hurry.
And the 19% service charge added 'for your convenience'! Yeah, that's to be expected I suppose, given the location... Glad we weren't paying that on a really big bill!