“The food was outstanding but....”
Review of Prime Italian

Prime Italian
Reserve with OpenTable
Prime Italian is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #184 of 1,087 Restaurants in Miami Beach
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: South Pointe
Cross street: 1st Street
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“The food was outstanding but....”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

Last evening we had a table for 5 at Prime Italian. Reviews showed that their food was excellent.
I will start by saying the our meals were delicious. Money was not an object and therefore everyone ordered whatever they wanted. We were advised to share salads and side dishes due to the fact they were very large portions. Our main courses however were HUGE!!!!! I hate wasting food. With salads and appetizer's, no one could finish their main course. Because we are traveling, no one could even take their leftovers home. They should have an option for 1/2 portions. It's a sin to throw so much food away.

The worst part of the night though was the service by our waiter. He was extremely impatient and very un-attentive. We had 2 people with food allergies and as we explained this he was rolling his eyes. We were rushed to order and our salads and apps came right out. It was downhill after that. We waited 1 full hour for our dinners. During that hour the waiter came by once to tell us it would be a few more minutes and it was still a good 30 min later our meals arrived with the exception of one persons pasta dinner and one person ordered a side of pasta. Wouldn't you think that the pasta dinners would be ready before anything else. My daughter ordered another glass of wine which never came. Our waiter was again rolling his eyes when we asked for a pepper mill. It should of been offered since there was no pepper on the table.
The clincher was when the waiter brought us our check and never offered coffee or dessert. For a meal that was well over $650.00 this was totally out of line. I would never eat there again. 3 of our guests were in the service industry at one point and all were floored at his lack of professionalism. I tipped him 10% and wrote him a message as to why on the receipt. I don't like people that short tip for bad service and don't explain.....and I always over tip.

2 Thank Brigid B

• Turkish first
Stoney Creek, Canada
“Over rated”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

Tried the famous meatball and was unimpressed. Caesar salad was bland & wilted. Service was ok but felt like he recommended expensive dishes to increase cheque and those dishes were not good (ie. $76 steak was terrible). He told us not to get the free bread, we ended up asking for it and it was the best thing we tasted. Would not go back or recommend

Visited February 2013
New York City, New York
“Great food and location, very generous portions but on the pricey side”
Reviewed February 13, 2013 via mobile

I had a very good dinner at Prime Italian. Found the menu interesting with a lot of good options. Prices are high for sure ($45 for a Veal Milanese) buy I only wanted something light and chose among appetizers. Went for te tuna tartar which was excellent. Also chose a wonderful side that was very tasty: tomatoes stuffed with spinach and artichoke. That was way too much food but it was hard to stop. I did not mention the bread stuffed with cheese and tomato dipping sauce that they brought as hors d'oeuvre - excellent too but so much food - I had a full loaf of bread for myself.
The waiter was incredibly friendly. It is also a big scene, crowd type place with sleek decor.

1 Thank Laurent G
Miami, Florida, United States
“Not worthy the hassle”
Reviewed February 8, 2013

I wanted to try this restaurant since I been to Prime 112 before and loved it. So did the reservations to go on a Saturday ....my big mistake!!!! Too many people not enough space not even to talk to the hostess and after 15 min we decide to leave. They called us on my celular an hour later to sit us!!!!! We were already eating in another restaurant and happy to leave that crazy bird cage!!!! What else can I say? Horrible customer skills, not enough space, too loud, not my idea of a romantic restaurant. Never coming back, SB has much better options!!!!

Miami, Florida
“Excellent Italian on Beach”
Reviewed February 7, 2013

We decided to try Prime Italian as we like Prime 112 across the street. It did not disappoint.

Got there early in order to get a seat, because, like Prime 112 it gets packed. Did not feel rushed, but food did come out quick.

Service was quick, courteous.

Sat outside, watching the "beautiful people" come and go from both restaurants.

FOOD:
Portions were HUGE, which is great as the prices are also HUGE.

White truffle asparagus risotto with braised short ribs was to die for, but at least two can eat from this dish.

Bone in Rib Eye was amazing, as expected.

Tuna appetizer was great, side of creamed corn was fantastic.

They bring you a "loaf" of bread filled with cheese in aluminum foil (hot) to table when you sit along with their marinara sauce to dip with it. Very yummy.

Their cocktails were great, but of course that just adds to your tab!

Lastly, their fried oreo dessert was AMAZING.

Only issue is you might eat too much!