“I loved every bit of my stay!”
Review of The New Hotel

The New Hotel
Ranked #9 of 27 Miami Beach B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 12, 2014

I loved this place! We had a most spacious room at the bottom floor. The room was extremely clean and had coffee making facilities. Also, the bathroom was really nicely decorated and had lovely smelling shampoo and soap! Even though there was a pool and a bar just next to us (as part of the hotel), the room was very sound-proof and it offered no issues. The beach and lots of shops were very nearby and the hotel also had proper beach bikes that you could borrow. The owner was most nice and helped us find a bagel place and also let us check out a little bit later without any issues. Yes, I would most certainly stay here again, as it had a wonderful vibe!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Squeegee1982

Reviewed March 10, 2014

We stayed here for five nights. The hotel is away from the noisy bustle of south beach. There is a small outdoor pool (not tried). We had a large side room overlooking the car park, (which we did not mind). The bed was only a double even though there was room for a bigger one. Excellent real ales available which we enjoyed in the evening round the pool edge and also enjoyed a couple of interesting meals here too. There were some good reasonable restaurants nearby and the beach was pretty close. We also found a very handy launderette a block away. As we did not have a car, we used buses 120 and S to go to Miami Beach South.

Room Tip: Side room overlooking the car park if you want quiet.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 14, 2014 via mobile

I did stay 4 nights in The New Hotel. Advantages: Kind staff, clean rooms, walkable distance to beach, free parking, close to south beach, 15 min from Miami Airport. Disadvantages: No elevator, poor WiFi Signal especially if you stay in level one.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Musaab M
Reviewed January 3, 2014

I have been coming to the New Hotel for quite a few years now, but it is -unfortunately- always for a very short stay. Nevertheless Ann and Luis welcome me as a good friend. Their warmth, friendliness and fun is incredible. Ann has such eye for detail and is so service minded, she could easily manage a large five star hotel. Luis is a great cook and a wonderful entertainer and he has succesfully transformed the pool and bar area in a succesful, fun and happening night spot. Although I have not been able to enjoy the food options, the menu looks great and I saw a lot of people enjoying their meals. The New Hotel's rooms are huge, comfortable, sound proof (didnt hear a thing from the bar, eventhough my room was closest to it) and clean and the bed in my room is among the most comfortable I have slept in. Rooms feature cable TV, kitchenette, and gorgeous bathrooms. The hotel has a few great bicycles to use for free, which is a fantastic feature that I really enjoyed this time. I adore the North Beach neighborhood. This is Miami Beach at its absolute best. I hope to be returning soon.

Room Tip: Room 10 is large and sound proof!
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank PCBAmsterdam
Reviewed December 6, 2013

Finally something different from the big impersonal hotels at the beach. The staff is very friendly. The food is so good. Be prepared for music all night long, so bring earplugs. But the rooms are very comfortable, very big, and very clean and the beds are good . There is a nice Cuban restaurant around the corner for breakfast. The beach is just one block away, and public transport (bus) is across the street.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank 13mdp
Reviewed November 15, 2013

Have you ever flown across the country for vacation to arrive and find out you have no hotel room? This happened to us and how it was handled was so unprofessional.
We arrived at 9:30pm for our 4 nt stay that I secured through a booking engine, had gotten confirmation emailed and was told to pay the hotel directly. Hotel owners blamed it on the booking site and said it has happened before. But we saw our reservation on her computer and she admitted the oversight. I also sent her 2 emails she didn't respond to. They were completely booked.
The wife owner realized her mistake and offered to find us a hotel room and comp the difference. I initially spent 10-12 hrs searching through rooms and now we are calling hotels finding they have no availability. We find a room, its now 11pm and we are so tired. The husband comes up to us saying no way, no how is he going to allow her to help us. We are just [--]. and he said he's threatened to divorce her if she helps us, which she maintained it was her responsibility. He admitted he had three guests in one month say there were no services rendered to their credit card company and chargebacks occurred. This hotel is obviously screwing up for a lot more ppl than us, I'm vocalizing it to the public.
We ended up finding a room for the night after driving into the fray of SoBe. It's nicely overpriced. And we have no room for the duration of vacation...what a fun way to travel! *sarcasm*

• Stayed: November 2013
4  Thank trainerleslie
Reviewed November 14, 2013

The New Hotel was: comfortable, clean, well located, friendly and has a bar. The owner is accommodating and will make your stay great. The hotel is part of the neighborhood so you feel at home. Lou's beer garden is part of the hotel and there are great restaurants around the corner. Enjoy.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple