“Amazing food, amazing service!”
Review of Hakkasan

Hakkasan
Reserve with OpenTable
Hakkasan is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #19 of 1,087 Restaurants in Miami Beach
Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Oceanfront
Cross street: 44th & Collins
Description: Hakkasan is recognized as the pioneering concept that single-handedly changed the face of Chinese cuisine within the United Kingdom. Since 2003, the Michelin starred London location has set the standard for Chinese cuisine and haute Chinois interior design. Hakkasan at Fontainebleau features traditional Cantonese classics and house specialties reinterpreted for a contemporary, non-conventional palate.
“Amazing food, amazing service!”
Reviewed August 23, 2014

Eating at Hakkasan was by far the best part of my Miami experience. The honey Chilean sea bass is out of this world! And don't even get me started on the dim sum platter.... INCREDIBLE! But beyond the food, the service was impeccable! Our server Antoine took care of every request almost as if reading our minds. He was by far the best server I can ever remember having. If you are in Miami, Hakkasan is a MUST!!

Miami Beach, Florida
“Something is very wrong at Hakkasan in Miami Beach”
Reviewed August 21, 2014

I have visited this restaurant many times over the years and always had a meal that was satisfactory or better but last night I was aghast at how poor the experience has become. Despite the presence of a sommelier the by-the-glass choices were awful: a Chinon Rose was in refermentation and the German Kabinett was close to being undrinkable- do they buy their distributors' close-outs? The appetizer portions were so small as to be puny (squid and 'wild" mushrooms with lettuce), as were most of the main courses we ordered (especially the stir-fried beef).We ordered scallops and were informed that they had "a very strong oceanic smell" which seemed to say that they were anything but fresh and we waited over an hour to be able to savor such a masterpiece. The waitress disappeared for very long periods and we had to ask for water, for wine to be poured and when it it ran out for a list to order more. I have never felt worse about a mandatory $ 52 tip than last night. Sensing that something had gone terribly wrong the Restaurant Manager Juan Hurtado came out to the table and apologetically offered to send us desserts or a new glass of wine and while the gesture was appreciated by that time and over two hours into this debacle we had lost all interest in further consumption at Hakkasan and we declined. What a major disappointment thsi was!

1 Thank Leonardo L
Toronto, Canada
“In one word: Bland….”
Reviewed August 21, 2014

The only reason we went to this restaurant was because of the rave reviews (and the award they got which I don’t know for what exactly!!!)… but we had the worst experience (except for the customer service!)… unfortunately I can’t remember our server’s name ( he was a young French guy), and he was very professional, helpful, and went above and beyond to meet our requests! The service was top notch!... but the food… ohhhhh! Don’t get me even started… the salad was not really that fresh! … and the food was so bland, we had to ask for salt/pepper or something to add flavour! I tried my husband’s dish , and still was lacking flavours! We were so disappointed, as before coming to restaurant, we were discussing if we should go there or go to our now-favorite Vida (on site restaurant)… after leaving very unsatisfied and still hungry from Hakkassan; we went to Vida for a real great tasting satisfying and flavourful food!... I decided to bump up my rating from "terrible" to "poor" only because of their customer service! also, very dark restaurant which i dont like personally, but that's just me!

1 Thank glory_coy
Barcelona, Spain
“Trendy Chinese”
Reviewed August 20, 2014

Have been here couple of times and I like the place. It delivers a really nice experience specially in terms of atmosphere. The food is ok, not compared to the London one, but still good. It is quite an institution now in Miami Beach. Don´t bee fooled by the looks, because it might be a bit pretentious when you walk in, the place is friendly and the service is good. Perhaps a bit nosily to my taste, but come on you are in Miami, you didm´t come here for a calm evening.Overall a good place.

• Visited January 2014
Milan, Italy
“Nice but far too expensive”
Reviewed August 16, 2014

- very trendy restaurant
- the food was ok, nothing compared to the London restaurant
- very expensive
- the overall ambiance was really nice
- the staff was friendly
- beware ....it is really noisy!

Visited August 2014