“Great location, good value”
Review of Sherbrooke Hotel

Sherbrooke Hotel
Ranked #184 of 212 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed August 6, 2012

If rating value and location alone, I'd give the Sherbrooke at least 4 stars. Like many places in South Florida, cleanliness doesn't seem to be high on the priority list. For the money and the location, the Sherbrooke is clean enough. The caretaker is a friendly guy and the rooms are very spacious and full of character. We'd stay there again, but would hesitate to mention to travelers who require a spotless room.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 25, 2012

My sister and I stayed at Sherbrooke July 20th-24, 2012 and we had an awesome time. It was a great location and it was very quiet so we could sleep in peace without any problems. The only complaint I had would be for the bathrooms to be a little cleaner, but I bought lysol so it was all good. Also the owner came into our room while we were sleeping and brought his dog, we thought that he could of came back or atleast knocked, that was a little weird. Loved the fact it had a fridge and microwave it was very conveneint for us! I will stay there again when I go back. Collins Drive is a better area to stay at because its a little quieter then Ocean Drive so we made a good choice!

Room Tip: If you want to sleep in peace choice this location and hotel. If you want to buy your own groceries...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 16, 2012

Excellent position, very central to beach, shops and restaurants. The suites were spacious, clean and comfortable.Very quiet too which meant a decent nights sleep. We had two adjacent suites and found Mitch very helpful all round.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank Spice-7
Reviewed April 16, 2012

We have stayed at the hotel 3 nights and we enjoyed very much the location which is just around the corner from Ocean drive. The room is very spacious and it has nice wooden floors. And this is all that was positive about it for the rest I'll list the negatives below:

- Dirty. This place is dirty. Dust everywhere, the bathroom had mold in the corners, the toilet was dirty and the white bathroom door were dirty with pee drops. the kitchen was not cleaned and there was grease everywhere I didn't dare touch a spoon. The fridge was smelling apart from being loud when on and not cooling properly even when on maximum.

- On the corridor of the second floor (where our room was) they keep the doors at the end of the corridor open which causes annoying noise coming from the neighboring roof where dozen of external aircon units are based.

- The air conditioning in the room is extremely loud.

- There were some dirty towels left in the closet and our trash bins were never emptied.

It looks like the owner 'cleans' by himself the place on a 'when I feel like it' basis and the feeling I got is like he's waiting for guests to take up cleaning for him (cleaning products in the closet). I haven't touched anything, we stayed there only for 3 nights. In some other circumstances I'll ask for cleaning to be done properly.
Such a shame for this place which could be gorgeous with just a little more effort.
Be careful renting a car, the parking is expensive but can be quite easily found around the hotel. From 1.5$ to 4$ per hour.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank marshaa81
Reviewed April 11, 2012

We booked this hotel only 3 days before we arrived in Miami, and as it was Spring Break at that time, there was not much left available. We got a good deal through the hotel's own website, as they give you a discount on the rates that you find online.
Arriving to the hotel, we had to wait for 15 mins after one of the friendly guys that sell tours phoned Mitch to let us know we had arrived. He greeted us from the top of the stairs and watched us heaving our suitcases up, instead of offering a hand with them.
Our room seemed really nice at first sight, it was very spacious, the kitchenette looked decent, and all looked clean.
The mattress turned out to be horrible, we woke up with aching backs every morning. The bed actually had 2 mattresses, one of them wrapped in plastic!?!?
Bathroom has a shower, sink and toilet, everything you need, however the shower didn't have a showerhead, the water just came out of a pipe, and the handle to turn it on almost fell off. The towels were the tattiest, sorriest towels I have ever seen!! Better bring your own unless you are looking for a post-shower peeling.
The toiletries consisted of a bar of soap in the bathroom, and a large, half used bottle of Pantene shampoo in the cupboard.
Looking for some spoons one morning, the kitchen cupboard wasn't well stocked at all. I found one steak knife, one spoon and five bent forks, so cooking a meal for two and eating it was impossible...
Mitch himself seemed nice enough, not around much, but he needs some lessons in hospitality. It would be nice to have a better housekeeping service than just emptying the bin (not even that was one every day) and changing towels.

Room Tip: Dont expect much.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Moggele160283
Reviewed March 29, 2012

I was so excited to finally go on a vacation without any of my family. And was very excited to go to Sherbrooke Suites. After getting to the hotel at 11, we spent the day in town getting familiar. When we came back to the hotel around 10, we were sitting in the kitchenette area eating when two GIANT caca-roaches started walking down the kitchen walls. I have never packed my things faster in my life. And the owner, Mitch was extremely unwilling to help at any part of our stay. He rushed through our tour of the room and claimed he needed to go somewhere quickly so we needed to make the whole process as quickly as possible. He was very irritating. The place would have been cool if it was owned by someone else.

Room Tip: Definately choose a hotel thats on the more expensive side. Its much more worth it. The San Juan on...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank cristinadefatima
Reviewed February 28, 2012

My husband and I recently stayed 4 nights at the Sherbrooke and couldn't have asked for a better location .... right in the heart of the Art Deco district. The room itself (really a suite) was large and comfortable and clean. The bed was very comfortable and the shower full and strong (a pet need of mine). There was a fully equipped kitchen which we did not take much advantage of as we had such a good time eating out in SoBe. There was no front desk as such but we had a key for the front and back doors.....(by the way, there was a safe in the room) and Mitch, the owner, was always around when we needed anything. Also, the person in the lobby during the day selling tours was very friendly and helpful.... accepting an important package for us.
This is not a luxury hotel, but if comfort, value and location are important to you, this is the place to stay. We will definitely stay here again when next in Miami Beach.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends