“"Simply outstanding in it's own little way"”
Review of Sense Beach House

Sense Beach House
Ranked #72 of 210 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed June 29, 2013

Such a great place to stay. simply elegant. The staff are just awesome! Our suite looked so clean and comfy. The rooftop looks nice and cozy. Has a great view of Ocean Drive and the surrounding areas. Walking into this hotel i automatically felt relaxed and comfortable. the music they play is great. The restaurant is excellent. Anyone eating there, i recommend the fries and pan fried salmon. Superb! Thanks a bunch to Jessie and Mitch for accommodating us! Shall not forget it.

Room Tip: Corner suites have the best of both worlds. lol
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Arvee T
There are newer reviews for Sense Beach House

Reviewed June 11, 2013

I read reviews about the hotel and saw pictures and booked our room based on them. I'm so very happy that I did. They were so amazing. We arrived early expecting to just drop our bags but they checked us in and let us go to our room. The hotel smelled amazing and was instantly soothing and relaxing. The decor was absolutely adorable. The staff was so friendly and very very helpful. The provided beach bags, towels and chairs. Any request we had they always fulfilled with smiles on their faces. Our room was spacious with the most comfortable beds. I had the best sleep and wanted to bring the bed home with me. The bathroom was also beautiful and the shower was amazing. Everything was super clean. The balcony and view was great. The pool area was immaculate and very relaxing. It's beautifully designed. You can see the ocean from your lounge chair. I ordered food from the restaurant, which was delicious and I enjoyed it pool side. I can't express enough how nice and helpful every single person was. Especially Sydney, the late night Concierge. He was very helpful and always had a smile from ear to ear. They helped us from getting extra towels, Ice, glasses, etc to telling us where to go each day and night for dinner,drinks or for dancing. It was close enough to the strip but far enough to keep it peaceful at night. I will always stay at sense house for as long as I go to Miami.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Brenuccs
Reviewed May 13, 2013

Stayed in the cute boutique hotel for a couple of days. Comfy beds and modern finishes. Pros: Across the street from the beach. Hotel provides beach chairs, umbrellas, towels. Although you're paying an $8 + daily convenience fee. Cute but tiny pool upstairs, which closes at 8:30. Precisely the time we would actually want to use it. Cons: random "pipe" noises, though only during the day. Otherwise pretty quiet. Lots of natural light between the exposed bathroom window, and bedroom curtains. So if you're a light sleeper like myself, this can be annoying. Ask for a quiet section of hotel.

Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Diana B
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Great boutique hotel with lots of personalized service. The staff was very friendly and accommodating, especially Jessie, she went out of her way to provide us with excellent service. While this was across the street from the beach and not on the beach, it was a super short walk. The location is also walking distance to everything South Beach has to offer.
We stayed here for two days and at The Savoy for two days. Once we got to The Savoy we were instantly missing Sense Beach House.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank JFCRSS
Reviewed May 6, 2013

Be warned. Keep your expectations low and you won't be disappointed

We booked the hotel for 5 nights in February/March based on its location, design, size and reviews.

THE GOOD: It is a new-ish hotel and so the rooms were as advertised and pictured. Clean and stylish, good mattresses, etc. The location, for our purposes was brilliant with beach access and bike rentals at the end of the street and just far enough away from the crowds on Ocean Drive. We enjoyed the quiet location and proximity to Cafe Aroma for healthy breakfast.

If you have low expectations, you will not be disappointed.

THE BAD: We became concerned when arrived around 11:30, clearly too early for check-in. We did not necessarily expect our room -- we knew we were early, but the greeting was rather aloof and ungracious. The young man at the desk just looked at us and said, "Well, you ARE early..." Well, yes. But we did not ask for anything except to advise we had arrived, perhaps find out how long our room would be and where we might have a light bite. Even though he was not at all busy, he chose not to do our paperwork. I found that lazy... When we did check in a bit alter after an acceptable (but not fantastic) lunch at the hotel restaurant, I specifically asked "Is there anything else we should know to make out stay more enjoyable." We got a blank stare and a shrug: "No, nothing..." (and we had to wait at that point to check in because now he was busy with another guest.)

The weather was a bit cool during our stay and I lamented to my husband that I wished I had brought my guess passes for the Equinox gym at the corner. (I am a member and would have welcomed working out. Yes, I cold have paid, but I get cheap...) The night before we departed we discovered quite by accident from a lovely and helpful young woman at the front desk that the hotel offers free guest passes to Equinox. I was shocked and explained I had specifically asked if there was anything I should know.. I was told that the aloof young man was likely losing his job for poor overall performance. . Not really a apology or very helpful to me but perhaps future guests will have benefit of a decent orientation. Or perhaps this young man is still employed here and nothing has changed...

And then there was the random BANG BANG BANG on the pipes in our corner room with the ocean view. Lovely and spacious room. We were told it was the best in the house. It appears that some sort of plumbing issue creates this noise. From our experience it becomes more active the more crowded the hotel becomes. When we questioned it the aloof young man attributed the noise to the hotel's rooftop pool plumbing and said it should subside since the pool had been closed that day for maintenance. The noise persisted. Other hotel employees were concerned, said it would not go away and we should have our room changed (but all of our things were unpacked and the thought of moving did no appeal to us.) Try as one might, one never is allowed to speak to a manager. The hotel is staffed by very young front desk people who appear to phone an offsite manager (or at least a manager who is not interested in meeting guests). We accepted a one-night reduction to our bill as compensation for the noise (which subsided but did not disappear Sunday as the hotel grew less busy). But the manner in which this compensation was offered was crude and ungracious and was accompanied by a stern and practically finger-wagging message from the invisible manager that "there will be more no more reductions." As if they suspected us of some sort of scheme to get our bill reduced. Amazing!

With regard to noise, one should also know the following: One reason we opted not to change rooms is that the banging occurred mostly during waking hours when people are using the plumbing, plus, on the weekend, we also were awaked by extremely loud guests of the hotel. Yes, South Beach is a party city, but the hotel on this particular weekend attracted a rowdy party crowd who were playing musical rooms at 4 a.m., chattiing, shouting, slamming doors... One night the hotel management summoned the police to handle rowdy hotel guests who were fighting. And from our room we could hear every word of conversation spoken by the couple next door, and every cry of the infant traveling with the couple to our left.

Room Tip: Avoid the corner room facing the ocean. Street noise was not a problem but plumbing noises were a b...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank amhjr
Reviewed May 5, 2013

We had a great time there after the first night because our AC wasn't working right but they corrected it quickly and then put us in a better room with a better location. We had a great time and they always looked out for us with ice downstairs and extra towels etc. The whole staff was super excellent and gave us great recommendations on places to eat as well. The beds are super amazing and relaxing too. Overall, we will becoming back soon.

RJ

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 1, 2013

we booked this hotel for our 3 night stay in south beach based on trip advisor reviews and we were so happy we did! loved this boutique hotel!! Spacious rooms with great decor and loved the bathroom! we ordered room service twice from the hotel restaurant and were blown away but the taste! This hotel was perfect for us as it was 1 block from the beach, 1 block from the Collins Ave shops and 1 block from the Ocean Dr shops and restaurants - but was not in the middle of all the noise and crowds of south beach. I would definitely consider staying here again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple