“Great Stay”
Review of Sense Beach House

Sense Beach House
Ranked #74 of 212 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed May 5, 2013

We had a great time there after the first night because our AC wasn't working right but they corrected it quickly and then put us in a better room with a better location. We had a great time and they always looked out for us with ice downstairs and extra towels etc. The whole staff was super excellent and gave us great recommendations on places to eat as well. The beds are super amazing and relaxing too. Overall, we will becoming back soon.

RJ

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed May 1, 2013

we booked this hotel for our 3 night stay in south beach based on trip advisor reviews and we were so happy we did! loved this boutique hotel!! Spacious rooms with great decor and loved the bathroom! we ordered room service twice from the hotel restaurant and were blown away but the taste! This hotel was perfect for us as it was 1 block from the beach, 1 block from the Collins Ave shops and 1 block from the Ocean Dr shops and restaurants - but was not in the middle of all the noise and crowds of south beach. I would definitely consider staying here again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 29, 2013

Great location, wonderful staff, great cocktails, and delicious food. In South Beach, but quieter. Clean, modern rooms, with soft and firm pillows provided. Comfortable and clean pool areas. Beautiful and thoughtful decor, with beach theme carried all throughout. Our room overlooked Ocean Drive with some ocean view. Fun to sit and watch the eye candies below. Glass doors kept out the street noise and we slept comfortably without any disturbance. A shout out to Jessie, Gabriele, Tatiana, and the housekeeping staff for a great stay. We rented a car; valet parking is $27/day with unlimited in and out. Try the L'Imperatrice cocktail, it's delicious; the friendly bartender really knows his drinks.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 26, 2013

I stayed here with friends during the Ultra Music Festival/Winter Music Conference. Worried that we might be disturbed by the madness that is South Beach during this time, Sense Beach House was the perfect retreat. Turned out that my friends and I were the disturbance. It's walking distance to EVERYTHING yet it's secluded so you don't hear any of the party/street/club noise. GABRIEL IS FANTASTIC!!!! I've never met a more welcoming staff. My friends and I stuck out like sore thumbs in this wonderful retreat and the staff was over-accomodating and so friendly. We honestly left feeling like we had made friendships! I HIGHLY recommend this hotel. The rooftop deck was just the way to end our weekend, reminisce and soak in the beauty of South Beach from this gorgeous oasis. We left talking about how we would genuinely miss Gabriel and the rest of the Beach House staff. FANTASTIC!!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 24, 2013

My partner and I stayed here for just one night after we docked in Miami from a cruise. I wish we had longer to stay because the place was beautiful. The room was spacious. I loved that our balcony overlooked ocean drive (great for people watching!). The staff was courteous, even going as far as printing out the weather report for New York upon our checking out. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 15, 2013

The good:
The hotel is so pretty and cute. The rooms are surprisingly spacious with huge windows and there are nice Molten Brown products in the bathroom. The hotel is very clean. They offer you towels and beach chairs for $8 dollars a day. The hotel is located across from the beach and a few blocks from good restaurants and shopping. It is a little away from the craziness so it is nice and quiet.

The bad:
The pool in the hotel was closed due to a chemical imbalance. We were not even able to go on the roof top. At four in the morning we wake up and the fire alarm is going off. We run outside because water is dripping on us and then we later find out the pool was leaking. All the hotel did the next day was offer us $8 off our room per day (the beach chair/towel fee)!! They did not apologize or anything. The food in the hotel is very bad so do not eat there. The toilet barely flushed. There are no do not disturb signs so the maid woke us up everyday. Lastly, when we were leaving the luggage room was full so the receptionist said she would leave our luggage next to her and lock the door if she left. We came back to grab something later and we found our luggage abandoned and the door not locked.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jetsetprincess
pptrias, Manager at Sense Beach House, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2013

Dear Jettsetprincess,

Thank you for your most recent stay with us. We truly apreciate you pointing out the benefits of staying with us, we also take very serious any invconveniences you may have encountered during your stay. I have looked into each of your concerns and made sure they were taken care of so it will not happen again. Unfortunately in the case of the pool it was a situation we had no control over. I hope you can give The Sense Beach House another chance to impress you. Please reach out to me directly so I can further extend my apologizes for your troubles as well as to discuss further compensation for your stay. My email is ptrias@sensebeachhouse.com

Best regards

Patricia Trias

Reviewed April 4, 2013

I enjoyed my stay at the hotel. The room and hotel are very clean and comfortable. It's a block away from all the action, which makes it perfect for a quiet stay in a very busy town. I would recommend this hotel. They have a full bar and a nice restaurant on the ground level.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo