“Beautiful Boutique Hotel but Staff Disappointed”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Sense Beach House

Sense Beach House
Ranked #65 of 207 Hotels in Miami Beach
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Beautiful Boutique Hotel but Staff Disappointed”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013

The good:
The hotel is so pretty and cute. The rooms are surprisingly spacious with huge windows and there are nice Molten Brown products in the bathroom. The hotel is very clean. They offer you towels and beach chairs for $8 dollars a day. The hotel is located across from the beach and a few blocks from good restaurants and shopping. It is a little away from the craziness so it is nice and quiet.

The bad:
The pool in the hotel was closed due to a chemical imbalance. We were not even able to go on the roof top. At four in the morning we wake up and the fire alarm is going off. We run outside because water is dripping on us and then we later find out the pool was leaking. All the hotel did the next day was offer us $8 off our room per day (the beach chair/towel fee)!! They did not apologize or anything. The food in the hotel is very bad so do not eat there. The toilet barely flushed. There are no do not disturb signs so the maid woke us up everyday. Lastly, when we were leaving the luggage room was full so the receptionist said she would leave our luggage next to her and lock the door if she left. We came back to grab something later and we found our luggage abandoned and the door not locked.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jetsetprincess
pptrias, Manager at Sense Beach House, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Dear Jettsetprincess,

Thank you for your most recent stay with us. We truly apreciate you pointing out the benefits of staying with us, we also take very serious any invconveniences you may have encountered during your stay. I have looked into each of your concerns and made sure they were taken care of so it will not happen again. Unfortunately in the case of the pool it was a situation we had no control over. I hope you can give The Sense Beach House another chance to impress you. Please reach out to me directly so I can further extend my apologizes for your troubles as well as to discuss further compensation for your stay. My email is ptrias@sensebeachhouse.com

Best regards

Patricia Trias

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Cliffside Park, New Jersey, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2013

I enjoyed my stay at the hotel. The room and hotel are very clean and comfortable. It's a block away from all the action, which makes it perfect for a quiet stay in a very busy town. I would recommend this hotel. They have a full bar and a nice restaurant on the ground level.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Washington, D.C.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2013

Sense Beach House is the perfect place to stay in South Beach. It is very tastefully appointed yet has a very laid back personality. It's across the street from the beach and they have a basket with beach chairs, towels and beach bags for the guests. The location of the hotel is a block away from where the craziness starts in South Beach so it's quiet yet close to all the action. The staff is very friendly and helpful. I cannot say enough about the restaurant! I was there for business and traveling alone so I ate there a lot. The food was great! I would definitely recommend Sense Beach House as the go-to place to stay for anyone venturing to South Beach.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Calgary
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2013

Sense Beach House is one of our favorite places to stay, relax and just chill at.
Gabriel is doing a great job. However, there are BIG water / sewer issues, door and resultant NOISE issues as the Roto-rooter, elevator and drain cleaner staff service the problem.

This is SO not the place to be over the next couple of days.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank SjNM123
Boston
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2013

I enjoyed everything about this hotel. We arrived a little before check in time, so we had a drink at the bar while waiting for our room to be ready. The bartender was extremely nice and where it was our first time in Miami, he was helping us out on where to go for nightlife and places to go nearby.
When we checked into our room, I was pleasantly surprised with how big it was, very clean, and had a relaxing décor. Our room had a balcony on the Ocean Ave side and it wasn’t noisy. The rooftop pool area was very nice too. The location was great because it’s across the street from the beach, and many nearby restaurants, gelato/coffee shops, convenience stores and shopping and a few blocks in either direction there were nightclubs and bars. I hope to stay here again in the near future.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
cambridge
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2013

Have just spent 8 night at the Sense Beach House. We had the exe king on 3rd floor (room 12) with partial ocean view and balcony.
What a fab hotel, staff couldn't have been more helpful and friendly especially the bar/restaurant staff. Knowledgeable about places to go and eat and where to avoid.
Everything was clean and the hotel itself smells divine. Its a very short walk to the beach and the hotel pool on the roof was great and didn't get busy - at most there were 4 people using the roof terrace.
The room was great, clean and a huge bed. The cleaning staff were helpful and left the room looking perfect every time. Bathroom had a great shower with a massive rain water head. The only thing that would be helpful in the hotel room would be a pen and a piece of paper and because we are from the UK maybe (hot) tea making facilities in the room. Beautiful fluffly robes.
As the hotel was below 5th it was much quieter, especially as we unwittingly went over Spring Break. The food in the hotel is superb especially the skirt steak dish and the BLT - yum. They provided beach bags with towels and chairs and had bits for kids in the foyer - we even played on the fuzzball table. But i do think if you have kids even though there were children there a bigger complex would have more to do.
Would definitely go there again and recommend it to people, ( maybe avoid spring break )
Loved it - great staff, great place, happy days.

Room Tip: Best room was room 12 as you got a massive bed and a great view. Corner room large.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013

I love this hotel. The lobby is like getting inside a little cottage beach house instead a hotel! It is so close to all the south beach venue but away from the noise. When I got to Miami I was very stressed out and as soon as I entered this place I knew I would relax. I ended sleeping so much during my two days stay which was a surprise since I hardly ever sleep during my travel. The rooms are soooo relax!! the only bad thing about the room is that the bed is a little hard but put the pillow around your body and you'll feel in a 'heaven bed'. Miami was a little cold that weekend so I was unable to use the swimming pool :( I ended going to the beach instead which is only one block away. If I'm ever very stress out I'll run to this hotel..it is really magical how you can relax so much here and sleep. I also will like to thanks Yesi the girl at front desk she was always so nice to me.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo