“Vernieuwde hotel aan de rustige zijn van Ocean Drive Miami Beach” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sense Beach House

Sense Beach House
Ranked #65 of 203 Hotels in Miami Beach
Hengelo, Overijssel, Netherlands
“Vernieuwde hotel aan de rustige zijn van Ocean Drive Miami Beach”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2013

it was already a year ago that we visited this hotel. The changed the website and the hotel. There is now a restaurant in the hotel that serves brunch, lunch and diner. It is a good addition to the hotel because there is now a roomservice available. The rooms are renewed and it is even beter that before. The value for money is not bad because it is is a small luxures locatie.
As most hotels in Miami Beach you can hear everything from the buren and the hallway.

Room Tip: All rooms are good in this facility, the rooms at the site of the ocean drive do not have partial vi...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
New York City, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2013

I'm sure the Sense Beach House is a very lovely hotel. I booked it based on the beautiful photos, location and amenities. However, despite having a confirmed reservation I was not able to stay here. I booked this a reservation for Friday night online the evening before, when my return flight to New York was cancelled due to inclement weather. The Sense emailed me my online confirmation.

At noon on Friday, Sense Beach House called me and told me that they were overbooked and I could not stay there. I was unclear as to why they had not called me earlier to inform me, since they were basically stranding me in Miami at the last minute. I told them they had very much inconvenienced me, and asked if they would book me a complimentary room at another hotel. They said they would help me find another hotel, but I would have to pay full price for it.

I have stayed at hotels in many different price ranges all over the world, so I know that not honoring a confirmed reservation at the last minute is very unusual. It happened to me only once before. I was staying at the Marriott Las Vegas, and they cancelled my confirmed reservation at the last minute due to overbooking. They paid for me to stay at a nicer hotel in the area, and also paid my taxi fare to the other hotel.

So I do know that this is exceptionally poor service, especially for a hotel in this price range. My "confirmed" room was $321 a night.

Perhaps this is a very nice hotel. But do you really want to risk being stranded in an unfamiliar city three hours before check-in time, despite having a confirmed reservation?

Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
4 Thank sunita_nyc
Chicago
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2013

Neat place, we had a small room that overlooked the alley in the back, but most of the other rooms had balconies. They were all very friendly and had beach chairs and towels to take to the one block to the ocean. The roof-top pool area was fun, and there was never anyone else up there. We had Sunday brunch and it was pretty good for the price, and the unlimited Mimosa's were a hit

Room Tip: Ask for a view!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Ogunquit, Maine
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2013 via mobile

Having lived on south beach I know that ocean drive hotels are not really that great. This place is amazing!! It's small only 18 rooms, great roof top deck and pool. Really nice cafe/ restaurant downstairs. Staff very helpful and friendly. The entire hotel is clean everywhere, and you just don't see that in every hotel. I will only stay here from now on

• Stayed February 2013
london- Tuscany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2013

The hotel room is spacious and bed is very comfortable, entrance and hall very modern and nice.
The restaurant is good and Staff extremely friendly.
Location is below 5 st street so you have to do some walk to get in the heart of South Beach area. Valet parkinng is available at 28 dollars.
I think the hotel is very nice and well restored, good choice

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2013

I recently stayed at the Sense Beach House and had a wonderful stay. I usually prefer to stay in larger hotels but the Sense had a good rate so I decided to give it a go. I was really pleasantly surprised by how well organised and beautiful the hotel is. The room was spotless with a stylish beachy theme, great Molton Brown toiletries (my favourite) and fantastic double shower. The restaurant does a really good breakfast (the best coffee we found in Miami) and bottomless mimosas were a nice touch. The location is perfect - one block to the main restaurant strip on Ocean Drive but far enough away that you can get some quiet time. Also a short walk to Nikki Beach (which by the way does a great Sunday brunch).
We will back for sure!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2013 via mobile

Such a lovely relaxed hotel. Extremely clean, large rooms and great staff. A really great chilled out atmosphere. We took our baby (I don't think they were expecting him!) and while not really geared to babies, they were so helpful and kind.
Pool area amazing.