“Overall very good hotel”
Review of Sense Beach House

Sense Beach House
Ranked #75 of 214 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed August 19, 2011

I was in town for business so I didn't want a typical loud and crazy Miami Beach hotel. This hotel looked interesting because of the excellent reviews and proximity to the beach. Overall I would recommend this hotel for its excellent customer service (Alex really is that good!), and clean & quiet rooms. I booked the superior ocean view room and could see the ocean partially but the balcony in the room was good.

Beware: even though the hotel and booking.com websites state they have a restaurant at the hotel they don't. No food is available at the hotel but there are plenty of places within walking distance. Also the pool is a about 2-3ft deep and is more of a very large spa than pool (with the ocean within walking distance no big deal).

Good: rooms are very "IKEA" like as far as minimilistic furnishings. Beds are super comfortable as was the bed. Customer service is some of the best I have seen in the world so where the hotel didn't perform always to 100% of my expectations Alex made up for it and then some.

So so: Booking.com was horrible with this reservations (messed up everything on my reservation and then said there was breakfast available when there wasn't).
No luggage rack in the room so was difficult to find a place for my suitcase. The iron and ironing boards was very dirty and had burns on them but Alex replaced right away. The bathroom lights are on motion detectors and like many people mentioned in other reviews they sometimes work and sometimes don't (they turned off when I was in the shower).

This hotel is a great example of an ok hotel but because the customer service is so great I would stay there again and again!

Room Tip: Book directly through the hotel website
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank KnowingThisKnow

Reviewed August 18, 2011

We had a 2 night stay in June.
Rooms clean,rooftop pool lovely,valet parking,which you have to pay for or find your own street parking space.
Owner was chatty and friendly.
Easy to access bars and restaurants.
We all said it was ok/good

• Stayed: June 2011
Thank Izatequilafan!
Reviewed August 13, 2011

The welcome and the quality of the service all along our stay was to the perfection. The rooms are very neatly fitted and well decorated. The pool on the roof is just perfect to cool off. The hotel does not supply food and drink, but considering the offer in the surrounding there is no need to have it at the hotel.
In addition is located right on Ocean Drive, but just when it starts to be calmer, thence an advantage in terms of street noises.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Jlv31
Reviewed August 10, 2011

I stayed two nights at this hotel during a conference trip to Miami Beach. My story with this hotel is that the toilet in the room is not functioning properly and got clogged every time I use it. And of course, the front desk refused to move me to another room. Other issues with the room: The bed is not comfortable. The AC temperature gauge is not very accurate. As a result the temperature in the room swings too much, which is uncomfortable particularly at night.

There are tons of hotels in south beach. I will not recommend this one. If you must stay there, stay away from room 207.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
4  Thank Yves19
Reviewed August 10, 2011

I stayed here with my sister in July for 3 nights. We absolutely loved every aspect of it. We had a lot of trouble finding a hotel in South Beach and spent many hours on Tripadvisor. So glad we didn't end up at one of those old art deco things..they appear run down, and just from walking past I think it would have been unbearably loud (restaurant/bars with music underneath them).

BUT this was not the case for Sense!!!! Sense is located on Ocean Dr..literally 30 seconds from the beach and about a block away from where all the 'action' (aka tourist craziness, people hassling you to come to their restaurant etc) starts. This makes it perfect because its quiet, but convenient. The hotel is very new, and very clean. I loved this because all the other options are old run down art deco properties. The pool on the roof was great, the rooms are very big, the bath rooms are new and modern (NO SHOWER CURTAINS - WIN!) and the hotel staff were great.

Alex was very accommodating (I was traveling with my sister) and gave us a room on check in with two double beds (even though the rate for this was meant to be higher than what we paid). Little did we know this represented the beginning of an amazing experience with single handedly the best hotel staff member I've ever encountered [and I've done my fair share of hotels]. He became like a friend by the end of the trip. He gave us great tips on places to eat in any budget we requested (Las Olas for the greatest - and ridiculously cheap - Cuban food you will ever have, Chalan for cheap and amazing tasting peruvian - I still salivate over that ceviche!), clubs to go and was just generally amazingly accommodating all round. As Miami virgins, we trusted him with suggestions (we really didn't plan anything for Miami) and he never failed us. Miami guru! [Alex, if you're reading this - thanks again from my sister and I and hello from Australia - we can't wait to come back to Miami and Sense!]

My only note for improvement would be to do something about the shower pressure (it's a shame they have these amazing rainwater shower heads but little pressure!). Other than that, great hotel with an extremely valuable asset named Alex.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 7, 2011

Friendly, informative staff, an awesome bathroom, a spacious comfy bed, and lovely rooftop pool made my birthday celebration wonderful!

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed July 12, 2011

South Beach is congested yet the Sense is so calm. The location is great for walking to Lincoln Rd is literally one block away, and a great hot spot for nightlife....

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple