“Helpful assistance”

MDPL Art Deco Welcome Center
Ranked #22 of 119 things to do in Miami Beach
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: A Visitor information center located in the heart of the "Art Deco" Historic District. We are at 1001 Ocean Drive, Miami Beach, Fl, the headquarters of The Miami Design Preservation League. The center is the go to place for all inquiries during your stay here in our Beautiful City! We feature The Art Deco Museum, "The "Official" Art Deco Walking Tour daily at 10:30 am/ Thurs 10:30 am & 6:30 pm, "Official" Self Guided Art Deco Audio Tour, Maps in 9 languages, Info on Cultural & sporting events, in addition to excursions to the Everglades National Park, City Tours, Key West Day trips, and others. Our priority is to provide our guest a wide array of information, services & activities to facilitate a well rounded experience during their stay in our Beautiful City!
Ascot, United Kingdom
“Helpful assistance”
Reviewed November 30, 2013

Pamela in the Welcome Centre were very helpful.
We did the self-guided walking tour of the art deco hotels. The audio guide was good, and the leaflet informative BUT it would have been VERY useful to have had a list of the place names to go with the numbers on the map! Also if it had put an asterisk or some such by the places which didn't mind if you went inside to view interior aspects. This would enhance an already excellent experience.

Visited November 2013

London, United Kingdom
“Information”
Reviewed November 28, 2013

If you are in town and need information then this the place to go and if you happen by luck to meet with Pamela then you will walk away with a positive experience. She was so super helpful to me and a delight to talk to as well. She's from Manchester but now lives in Miami and is a star. If you are reading this Pamela thanks again for helping enhance my holiday and researching how to find "Lock & Load - which is also awesome :)

Lorraine
x

Visited November 2013
Muskegon, Michigan
“Loved the self guided walking tour”
Reviewed October 28, 2013

While in South Beach I wanted to soak up the local flavor and this sure fit the bill. I took a self guided walking tour of the art deco district. I stopped by the welcome center and rented an MP3 player and set off on my own for an hour and a half of pure enjoyment. I loved being able to go at my own pace and stop off in shops and restaurants as I walked the tour. The history and anecdotes I listened to as I rambled the neighborhood made me feel like I was "in the know". I took this tour at 1:00pm on a mostly cloudy Thursday. I felt safe and had no problems while walking this tour. The attendant at the museum even pointed me to some other neighborhoods she thought I would like, and she wasn't wrong. I discovered a wonderful shop in the Espenola district I never would have found on my own. The gift shop is not to be missed. I scooped on a few pairs of earrings that are definitely unique and beautiful. This is a must do while in South Beach!

Zurich, Switzerland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Art Deco Tour”
Reviewed October 17, 2013

Great tour! Pamela showed us the highlights of the art deco district, enriched with lots of historical details. Thank you Pamela!

1 Thank dieterzaugg
Bruchsal, Germany
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great Art Deco Walking Tour”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

With tour guide Pamela I enjoyed MDPL's Art Deco Walking Tour very much. Lots of interesting info, nice and funny background stories - without overloading it with too much infos. All in all an excellent tour - it even gave us a chance to walk into some of the hotels an. Don't forget to bring your camera!!