“Great help”

MDPL Art Deco Welcome Center
Ranked #22 of 118 things to do in Miami Beach
More attraction details
Owner description: A Visitor information center located in the heart of the "Art Deco" Historic District. We are at 1001 Ocean Drive, Miami Beach, Fl, the headquarters of The Miami Design Preservation League. The center is the go to place for all inquiries during your stay here in our Beautiful City! We feature The Art Deco Museum, "The "Official" Art Deco Walking Tour daily at 10:30 am/ Thurs 10:30 am & 6:30 pm, "Official" Self Guided Art Deco Audio Tour, Maps in 9 languages, Info on Cultural & sporting events, in addition to excursions to the Everglades National Park, City Tours, Key West Day trips, and others. Our priority is to provide our guest a wide array of information, services & activities to facilitate a well rounded experience during their stay in our Beautiful City!
Montreal, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Great help”
Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

We were seeking for information and recommendations on things to do around the Art Deco district. We received first class assistance, with a great smile as a bonus.

Visited May 2013

Easthampton, Massachusetts
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Wonderful intro to Art Deco South Beach”
Reviewed May 16, 2013

We did the self-guided Art Deco tour and it was the perfect introduction to Art Deco architecture in South Beach. We were greeted warmly and enthusiastically by the folks at the Welcome Center, and they explained how to use the iPod shuffles thoroughly. The tour itself lasted a little over an hour, keeping a leisurely pace, and it had just the right blend of history and explanation of architecture. The map as well as audio directions were very clear. It was hot, so one of the things that worked well was knowing that we could stop and take a break as needed. A great value!

Visited May 2013
Auckland Region, New Zealand
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Fantastic Service from Sara”
Reviewed April 27, 2013

I came across the MDPL Art Deco Welcome Center whilst looking for the bus stop for the Hop on Hop off Big Bus Tour. I had actually booked the tour the previous day online but was unable to print the voucher where I was staying. I did however have the voucher on my IPad and Sara was kind enough to let me email it to her so she could print it for me. I should point out this is not something they would usually do so I really appreciated it.

Whilst there Sara also arranged a tour for me to the Evergaldes to do an Airboat tour which also incorporates round-trip transit and a wildlife show. Sara organised for pick-up near to where I was staying.

I would thoroughly recommend using the Welcome Centre for tour bookings.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank JDBoy_nz
Boston, Massachusetts
“Miami Beach Visitor Center”
Reviewed April 27, 2013

My wife and I needed suggestions and directions for places to visit.The people here were fantastic. They answered all our questions patiently, going above expectations and extra mile. Also, the walking tour guides were attentive, knowledgeable and seem to have a passion for their work, despite that they were volunteers. They did not ask for tips, which is why we tipped them. I highly recommend using this resource and doing what we can to help keep it running with positive reviews.

Cheers,
David

Visited April 2013
Montréal
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Excellent tour”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

We took the audio guide for walking tour of the Art Deco District : excellent information about history and architecture. Ricardo at the Welcome Center was so kind and great. Thank!

Visited March 2013

Been to MDPL Art Deco Welcome Center? Share your experiences!