“Great place for an outdoor dance”
Review of Clevelander

Clevelander
Ranked #6 of 99 Nightlife in Miami Beach
More attraction details
Owner description: A iconic landmark on Ocean Drive, Clevelander features nightly variety acts on the legendary pool patio. Showgirls, samba dancers, stilt walkers and live DJ's fill the venue with high impact energy and fun!
Reviewed October 18, 2013

This is a great venue. DJ playing and the staff are brilliant. Get a tab going and enjoy yourself. Live sport on the TVs and vodka by the HALF bottle with mixers. As a tourist it was brilliant!!

1  Thank Ballyh78

Reviewed October 9, 2013

The Clevelander is a great hotel if you are after a party,
And we were there to party, so we chose a pool view room. Its not really a pool, more an over-sized bathtub.

After 2 nights we had to request a move to the rear of the hotel, the music is loud until 04h00, that is not the problem as we were out until at least then every night, the problem being that the loud music starts up again at 09h30 in the bar, even though there are no customers at the bars, just entertainment for the staff setting up in the morning. This is not good as it reduces your sleep to around 4-1/2 hours a night.

Fortunately for us the hotel had a couple of empty rooms at the rear, so our request to the rear of the hotel was granted, nothing was too much trouble for the staff here.
It is much quieter at the back, no view, but I would gladly sacrifice this for a good nights kip.

The Rooms - Very modern with cool decor, plenty of storage space and spotlessly clean.
The Bathrooms - Great shower, loads of hot water, my only bugbear was the glazed windows separating the bedroom from the bathroom, I guess its quite sexy if you are sharing with your other half as she showers and you can see her shadow behind the glass. Not so good if you are sharing with your mate and he's sat on the pan!!!

Location - Smack in the middle of Ocean Drive, I don't think you can get a better location in South Beach. Right on the beach and in the thick of the nightlife, day-life. Perfect.

Bar & Restaurant - The bar here is the place to be on Ocean, It's kicking from early afternoon right through until 04h00 every day. The restaurant is pretty good for Burgers, sliders etc etc. The sister hotel next door "The Essex" has a very nice Sushi restaurant, worth checking out for sure.

The Staff - Well what can I say, American hospitality at its very best. The girls who work the bars and the tables are fantastic (love their outfits too), very friendly, the perfect hosts. If I could get my hosts (Ski Chalets) to be this friendly then I would be onto a winner.
The desk staff, again very friendly and helpful as were the door staff, everyone was always on top form, even the cleaners, always smiling always saying hello/good morning.

To sum up - This is a party hotel, if you want a good nights sleep request a room at the rear on one of the upper floors, or stay next door at the lovely Essex.
Great staff, they really make this hotel what it is, Great job guys!

Would I return, definitely, we are planning a Stag do next June and this would be my number 1 choice and we are traveling from UK.

1  Thank MatSnow
Reviewed September 28, 2013

Great DJ's and drink prices was reasonable... Definitely worth hitting happy hour! avoid the karaoke night if you can haha

Reviewed September 26, 2013

As much as I’d like to I can’t give The Clevelander an overall 10 out of 10 for a few reasons. For every great and exceptional customer service experience we would have we’d encounter a poor one in the restaurant part of the Cleve. Let’s start with the amazing work beginning with our check-in.
JJ and Jamal at the front desk really go over and above to ensure a great stay. From food suggestions to places you must see while staying in South Beach you really get the impression that they care about you. Once they realized our room was not yet ready for check-in we were upgraded to a balcony room facing the Bar and Ocean of South Beach.
Upon arrival into our room however, our washroom door had been ripped off its hinges so it didn’t allow us anytime to really settle in. I must say however the staff tended to it as quickly as possible to resolve the issue.
With regards to dining at the Clevelander this would be the pit of the stay. Twice we were unfortunate enough to be served by Barbie. She lived up to her name by being anything but courteous. Her social skills were at an all-time low on the first day of our stay. We had ordered from the Happy Hour menu some sliders and fries. She brought the sliders only forgetting about the fries. When we inquired she said they were on the way followed by bringing us sweet potato fries instead. In my entire life I’ve never ordered curly fries, sweet potato fries, or anything other than your standard fries but instead of owning up to her mistake Barbie insisted that we ordered Sweet Potato fries and made a big stink about having to return them to the kitchen staff. By then our sliders were consumed and I didn’t even see the need to eat them. We avoided eating at the Clevelander until our last day again where we had yet again the pleasure of being served by Barbie. This time we ordered the big bowl Miami Vice drink for 2 and instead she pushed us to add the Rum shots for $2.00 extra. We were about to depart for the airport so we weren’t feeling like getting too liquored up and just enjoy our last hours in South Beach. Instead she pushed us as said something to the extent of that there’s no point drinking the drink unless you add at least 2 rum shots to it. She’s lucky the 18% gratuity is already added to the bill because she deserved zero gratitude.
No matter where you stay in the Clevelander you’ll encounter the all-day all night music. Of course it gets louder in the evening. I can only say that 1 night we had trouble sleeping over the course of 5 nights as a result of the loud music. It is something to consider though if you are taking a young a family or a couple that likes to sleep you will find that difficult at the Clevelander. On the positive note it has to be the most happening Resort of the strip by far. Then again we stayed in September which is traditionally a slow season for any hotel in South Beach. Nonetheless if you like to party, tan naked, or snort cocaine from your balcony The Clevelander is the spot to be no matter what time of year. (Yes we saw 2 guys doing rails of cocaine from the balcony on the Thursday night. Kind of a cliché but whatever it’s Miami, people go to have a good time)
All in all the hotel staff, front desk, concierge crew, and maintenance staff all get 10 out of 10. The hostesses, waitresses, and bartenders all were subpar. Definitely a 4 or 3 out of 10.
Stay at the Clevelander to enjoy the amenities and good natured party. Don’t go there to dine however.

2  Thank dimascio23
Reviewed September 18, 2013

Amazing place for drinks, drinks, and partying on ocean drive, open space, 2 bars and a water feature. Perfect hangout spot for predrinks before serious clubbing