“Ok food, bad service and definitely on the expensive side!”

Fifi's Place Restaurant
Ranked #155 of 1,087 Restaurants in Miami Beach
Cuisines: Seafood, Spanish
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: North Shores
Cross street: Collins
Description: Fresh seafood Latin Fusion style in Miami Beach. I'm Nelson, a Cuban-American bred in New York and Miami, and I work the front of the house. My wife, Mayneth, from Venezuela, leads the cooking crew in our kitchen; she is better known as Fifi. Please be our guests for the freshest fish in Miami Beach. Dress casual and be prepared for a mouth watering treat.
“Ok food, bad service and definitely on the expensive side!”
Reviewed February 1, 2013

Let me start by saying that I LOVE seafood, I could literally eat it in bucketloads every day so when I went to Miami beach, seafood for lunch was the only thing on my mind. I did a bit of research beforehand into both quality and prices so Fifi's seemed like an obvious good choice at a time. I must admit, I left disappointed: service is definitely not with a smile! Waitress serving us was far from attentive and charismatic, twice forgot about our follow up drinks and did not seem that bothered when one if our mains has turned up 10 mins after all others. More importantly, although the seafood is decent, it is definitely far from being affordable. I would say it is definitely on an expensive side especially as portions are small! In fact having had a starter and main course each, every one of our 5 people party went for a massive cake in an Argentinian bakery down the road which was amazing! So my verdict is - next time I am in Miami, I would stay away from Fifis!

2 Thank Thankyouplease1234

• Czech first
Chicago, Illinois
“The best kept secret in Miami Beach....?”
Reviewed January 31, 2013

Ok. Go as soon as possible. I lived on Miami beach 3 years ago and we still fly to Miami to eat there....and to play. First. Fresh, fresh seafood. The appetizers are incredible. NOTE! The shrimp tempura, no kidding, is incredible! Share this one for sure. Tuna miso also very good. I always have the hog snapper grilled with extra seasoning. This place is small but elegant. Not a glam place where you get raped on everything. This is well decorated but it's main focus is the seafood. Service is good and attentive not a Capital Grille or The Palm type. We (2) just were there and had a great meal with a bottle of wine for 150$ w tip! It resides in what is referred to as north beach off collins ave. I've been to them all, Joe's etc.. but FiFI's is a treat for any occasion. We'll be back sooner than later...Enjoy

1 Thank N P
Chicago, Illinois
“Fifis I miss you !”
Reviewed January 29, 2013

We came across fife by chance and we were hooked. We ended up easting here 3 out of the 5 nights we were in Miami. The paella we had here was better then what we had in our 2 weeks in Spain. The baked fish was really good. Some of the other things that we tried and really liked were the stone crabs, shrimps and scallops. They ended it with a free dessert which was a nice touch. Even now we sit and talk about fifi when ever we are eating seafood anywhere since there is no comparison.

• Visited February 2012
Stamford, Connecticut
“Mouthwatering!”
Reviewed January 25, 2013

I have eaten at Fifi's several times. It's always fresh, exciting food. Most recently my husband and I had the Jumbo stone crabs which were perfect, not mushy or tough, as a main course. Try a bottle of Rose with them. Perfect compliment. But, you can get them as an appetizer as well. I've also enjoyed the whole fried hog snapper, which, is killer. As for the appetizers, I could eat one of every one of them and forgo the main course, they are all so succulent! We shared the shrimp tempura, which, are a perfect crispy explosion in your mouth. Also, the thai miso tuna is to die for. Ceviche combo is another winner. The only bad part about the meal was when it was over. But, there is always next time.

1 Thank tropiclady27
Miami Beach, Florida
“very good food ,owners need to pay attention to service .”
Reviewed January 21, 2013

the food is very good and fresh fish , the only problem we see all the time we go is that the owner don't pay attention to customers , so they service be come slow .
they have super special x 9.95 for lunch that is super good .