“great food!”

Fifi's Place Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Fifi's Place Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #178 of 1,101 Restaurants in Miami Beach
Cuisines: Seafood, Spanish
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: North Shores
Cross street: Collins
Description: Fresh seafood Latin Fusion style in Miami Beach. I'm Nelson, a Cuban-American bred in New York and Miami, and I work the front of the house. My wife, Mayneth, from Venezuela, leads the cooking crew in our kitchen; she is better known as Fifi. Please be our guests for the freshest fish in Miami Beach. Dress casual and be prepared for a mouth watering treat.
Reviewed January 14, 2013

the good: the food is really good and you can tell the seafood is very fresh.
the staff could be a bit nicer, they seem to be either overworked or just in a bad mood!
it was hard to get a table and we waited over an hour after being told it would take 15 minutes!
so make reservations!

There are newer reviews for Fifi's Place Restaurant

Reviewed December 12, 2012

One of my favorite dishes of all time is served here: Tuna Miso. It is an appetizer and is a dish of absolute perfection, all be it a bit pricey. $19 for not a large portion, but so worth the price. I would give 5 stars for this dish alone, but the other dishes, while supper fresh are so basic and I mean salt only, that they could use some sauce or flavor. I typically order the Tuna Miso extra saucy with extra jalepeno and use that for my whole fried hog snapper. The ceviche is excellent as well. Love this place!

Reviewed December 11, 2012

adorable, charming, delicious!
Make sure you have someone in your party that speaks Spanish, or there could be a little bit of a language barrier. But all in all, lots of fun.

Reviewed December 10, 2012 via mobile

Second time visiting this seafood spot in northern Miami Beach. Love the place, good service and fresh food.
Love the "yuquita frita", "tostones", and"Fifi's Ceviche"

I will be coming back without a doubt.

Reviewed December 8, 2012

We were highly impressed by the restaurant's interior. From the outside it looks like a "hole in the wall" but the interior is large and elegant. Our appetizers of langoustines and stone crab claws were outstanding, but since they were marked "market price" we had no idea these two items would cost over ninety! dollars for two people. The portions were generous, but that is a very steep price for appetizers in a so-so neighborhood. We ordered a sea food parillada for two. The preparation was poor--the sea food didn't seemed to be grilled. Instead, it looked to be pan- sauted in lots of oil--it was soggy and we were very disappointed. The service was sloppy and few if any of the servers spoke enough English to understand our simple requests for a clean knife or a double cortado. They tried to be nice and brought us a complimentary slice of flan. I'm not a major flan fan, but found this one just passable.

I'd try this place again, but be much more careful about what I order and ask for someone who understands English to clarify how the sea food will be cooked.