WINNER WONDERLAND

“love this place” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Fifi's Place Restaurant

Fifi's Place Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Fifi's Place Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #151 of 1,040 Restaurants in Miami Beach
Cuisines: Soups, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children, Kids, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: North Shores
Cross street: Collins
Description: Fresh seafood Latin Fusion style in Miami Beach. I'm Nelson, a Cuban-American bred in New York and Miami, and I work the front of the house. My wife, Mayneth, from Venezuela, leads the cooking crew in our kitchen; she is better known as Fifi. Please be our guests for the freshest fish in Miami Beach. Dress casual and be prepared for a mouth watering treat.
Sunny Isles Beach, Florida
“love this place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

adorable, charming, delicious!
Make sure you have someone in your party that speaks Spanish, or there could be a little bit of a language barrier. But all in all, lots of fun.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

• Czech first
Brooklyn, NY
“A must if you like seafood”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2012 via mobile

Second time visiting this seafood spot in northern Miami Beach. Love the place, good service and fresh food.
Love the "yuquita frita", "tostones", and"Fifi's Ceviche"

I will be coming back without a doubt.

New York
“Very good, but...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2012

We were highly impressed by the restaurant's interior. From the outside it looks like a "hole in the wall" but the interior is large and elegant. Our appetizers of langoustines and stone crab claws were outstanding, but since they were marked "market price" we had no idea these two items would cost over ninety! dollars for two people. The portions were generous, but that is a very steep price for appetizers in a so-so neighborhood. We ordered a sea food parillada for two. The preparation was poor--the sea food didn't seemed to be grilled. Instead, it looked to be pan- sauted in lots of oil--it was soggy and we were very disappointed. The service was sloppy and few if any of the servers spoke enough English to understand our simple requests for a clean knife or a double cortado. They tried to be nice and brought us a complimentary slice of flan. I'm not a major flan fan, but found this one just passable.

I'd try this place again, but be much more careful about what I order and ask for someone who understands English to clarify how the sea food will be cooked.

Visited December 2012
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Not very good”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2012

The food was ok. Not great for the price.

Unfortunately, my girlfriend doesn't like to see the fish head or have bones in her fish. We specified this to the server. They brought the whole fish. The server insisted we requested this way. My girl friend specifically said no bone and I said a filet.

My girlfriend did try to eat it and the server did come over to ask if it was ok. She said she would give it a try but it was filled with bones which she doesn't like. When the server came over again, she did ask again. My girlfriend did say she would like to have it replaced. I had finished my meal before hers arrived so I had to sit and watch her eat her food and vice versa she had to sit there and watch me eat mine.

While the food was decent...decent not great. We weren't happy about the length of time it took to get everything right as it set us behind for going out. In addition, it didn't sit well with me that not only was no discount offered for the mistake which is not great really but on top of that they had the nerve to add an 18% gratuity on top of the bill for two people. I paid the bill as it was as it is not about the money but the principle.

We went to a really great restaurant in Deerfield Beach called Oceans 234. Got a much better tasting meal, better service and a bottle of wine and an appetizer (only got mains and one glass of wine at Fifi's) for the same price and in addition got a brilliant beach view. A long drive but well worth it.

Go there not here.

Visited December 2012
Pensacola, Florida
“Excellent seafood”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2012

Fifi's was recommended to us as one of the best fish restaurants in Miami, we were not disappointed. We had the hog snapper and it was great. The presentation was special too, the carcass of the fish was fried and was the centerpiece of the serving dish, they have photos of it on their website.

Visited October 2012