“enjoyed our stay”

751 Meridian Apartments
Chicago, Illinois
“enjoyed our stay”
Reviewed February 7, 2013

We enjoyed our stay at 751 Playa de Oro. Very good location to the beach (2 blocks)and many places to eat. Quiet and clean apartment with nice kitchenette. The apartments have parking spaces.There is a supermarket nearby. Thank you!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank marietta s

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
  • Arabic first
Estonia
Reviewed February 7, 2013

Stayed at Playa de Oro in January 2013 for two weeks. Location is very central: the beach, 5th & Alton shopping center, museums, children's playgrounds, Southpointe Park are in a reasonable walking distance.
The property itself is nice and clean. The amenities are good as advertised, you get what you pay for and it is totally worth it. Having been in South Beach before, I especially point out parking possibility onsite, which is included in the price. Parking on South Beach is expensive and free space is difficult to find. Playa de Oro is extremely convenient.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 6, 2013

I go every month to Miami for work.
This apartment is ideal for enjoying Miami beach.
Clean, modern, quiet, safe, private parking (rare in miami beach)
I highly reccommend you will not be disappointed!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank varoya
Buenos Aires, Distrito Federal, Argentina
Reviewed February 6, 2013

We like the place because of its great location and comfortable units. The manager and housekeeper are always willing to help and are warm and make us feel at ease. Whenever we go to Miami we stay here. We love it.

Room Tip: All units are comfortable but ground floor units are not so sunny as thos on the first floor.
Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Roxana V
Caracas, Venezuela
Reviewed February 6, 2013

The apartment is amazing, good location, parking included, two blocks to the beach, many places to eat and shopping around. The apartament also has a kitchennet with al the things that you need to cook. Near many supermarkets, near to ocean drive, washington and collins avenue Excellent choice!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Lapop71
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed January 18, 2013

I stayed here again for the second time and would not even think about staying anywhere else. I stayed here for 10 days for a NYE trip in the Suite (1 bedroo) and it was just like my first stay, great. The apartment is amazing, the location is phenominal and the staff is very nice as well. Whatever you need, they accommodate. Andrea is very nice as well and is there to answer any questions you may have. I read a prevous post about ants/bugs and after two stays here for over 5 days both times, I didnt not encountour any bugs/ants so I am unsure I agree with that person. This place is very clean. A parking spot is also included for any travelers that may be renting a car. Wifi is available too. The area is quiet and safe, I have never had any problems.

The beach is 3 blocks away, most nightlife was on Washington Ave which is one block away as well as Collins Ave being 2 blocks away. The grocery store is a 5 minute walk.

I have recommended Playa de Oro to co-workers and friends because I love it here. Whenever I am in South Beach I will never stay anywhere else and this will always be my home away from home while visiting.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed January 16, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed here for a few nights to spend some time in Miami. After alot of research we chose this place because it is located close to south beach, it is on a quiet street, had its own parking, is a large size and was reasonably priced. The pictures looked good too. Trying to contact the owner for a reservation was not very easy and took many voicemails and I'll call you backs without it happening. Finally, when I was almost ready to give up and try elsewhere, I got a reservation confirmed. When we got there we had a few issues as well. We were arriving in Fort Lauderdale from a cruise ship and rented a car there. I called to arrange a meeting time to get keys but no response. An hour later she phoned back and said if we made it by 5 housekeeping would be there, but in case we didn't she said she'd text me the access code info. We made it shortly after 5 and still no text with access info. Thankfully we got there just before housekeeping left so we were able to get our key. The room was large and had been renovated. However, things like baseboards and paint hadn't been done recently so it looked a lil beat up and drab because of that. It was great having a kitchen and living room and separate bedroom. We loved the space available. Wifi was good too. Since we had a rental car, having the parking space was a lifesaver and the location was quiet as well. The biggest con here was the thousands of tiny ants in the kitchen. We left a plate out that had had apple on it and when we woke up there were little bugs all over it. We looked harder and could see a trail of bugs walking all along the countertop out to the window. So we didn't leave anything out and put all our food in the fridge. Despite this the bugs never disappeared from the counter. We didn’t see them anywhere else except the kitchen. If they got rid of the ants and did a little patching and paint, the room would improve a lot.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
ThMcn, General Manager at 751 Meridian Apartments, responded to this review, July 7, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience. Your comments and feedback are very important for us, and even though we have an exterminator company since we opened our business to the pubic, it is really sad that you experienced this situation with the ants. However, we want to clarify our apartments are fumigated every month and in special seasons, finding ants is very common in Florida. Every time a situation like this one happens, our staff is ready to help and solve any kind of inconvenient.

Regarding check-in, our clients have the responsibility to contact us one week prior to arrival to avoid last minute misunderstandings. If you have a reservation, we always leave a lock box in the apartment and/or have staff in site to give you the keys.

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to have you in our apartments, and hope you give us the opportunity in the future to have you again with us.