“Consistently wonderful food and attentive service”
Review of BLT Steak Miami - CLOSED

Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: City Center
Cross street: 14th Street
Reviewed October 7, 2013

You can't go wrong with any of Laurent Tourendel's restaurants. BLT Steak is no exception. Whether you eat in the restaurant or the lobby bar, the food is consistently delicious, well-prepared, and wonderful. They also do a full breakfast that you can have out on the patio, which you simply must do before it gets sweltering out. The prices are in line with New York or Chicago -- so don't have a heart attack when your croissant and fruit roll in at $25. You're paying for the location and the ambiance as well as the good food.

Reviewed October 6, 2013

It's a chain, but still one of the greats. Steak to perfection and service to match. Very pricey but if you are looking to spend a few dollars on a steak it can't be beat. If its no to hot outside is great for watching the evening go by.

Reviewed October 6, 2013

Great food and

Great food combined with a nice view on ocean drive. We had a nice table outside on the terrace. We started with tuna tarter and avocados. They came fusion style and tasted excellent. My wife went for a NY Strip rare … and it came rare while I got one of the best short rips ever. The next day, we ordered hamburger for Lunch. Again, perfectly cooked, medium-rare for my wife and medium for me. They came very tasty and juicy; most probably one of the best hamburger apart from ‘the blinker’ in Cham-Zug.

Reviewed October 3, 2013

I have eaten at both the BLT steak in Miami, and the one in DC. Both meals were excellent, I got the same thing. Quality of beef was top notch, service at the Miami Beach location was a little slower than DC, tends to be the norm in Miami Beach but was good enough. Ultimately, I want good food. If service is reasonable, that's fine for me - and the food was spectacular.

I look forward to taking some more first-timers with me the next time I go, and sharing the goodness.

Don't eat here if you will complain about price. People who eat at this place shouldn't be concerned with what the cost is.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

I stayed at the Betsy Hotel in September 2013 and BLT is the restaurant at the hotel. I had breakfast here the first morning of my stay. It wasdisappointing from the start; BLT did not allow for substitutions. I eat a gluten free diet and try to stay away from starches. When I asked for a little extra salad (that came with my meal) in lieu of potatoes and the toast, my waiter said he was more than happy to hold the potatoes and toast, but couldn't offer extra salad or any substitutions.

The WORST experience at BLT came at lunch. They have a pre-fix menu I was offered, but when I went to order I was told that the pre-fix had ended at 3pm (It was just after 3). I told the waiter it was really awful service that they couldn't just honor the pre-fix and that I wanted to speak to the manager, however I was told that the manager was too busy. I pressed our waiter on getting the pre-fix and our waiter, Marco, worked with the kitchen and was able to have the pre-fix served. Honestly, if it wasn't for Marco working his magic and reversing a bad situation I would have just left with my friends, but he apologized made things right and gave us great service. Marco even hailed a cab for us later that night, apologized again and recommended a couple of hot spots for us to check out.

We had brunch here the last day of our stay (I know I'm a masochist) and first ordered the hanger steak. After taking my order the waitress returned to let me know that they were out of hanger steak. I ordered a fish entree... same scenario, they were out of the fish. Finally on the third attempt I was able to order eggs. Thankfully, they still had eggs available for brunch.

The food (when I was able to strong arm my way into getting any) was actually pretty tastey - but not as great as other places we went to eat at like Bazaar or Catch. Honestly, pass this one up. Its only worth a visit if you're staying at the hotel get Marco as your waiter and don't want to leave the hotel to get something to eat elsewhere. If you don't need a solid breakfast, there's a Starbucks across the street, which I recommend you go to for a light breakfast.