“Very good food.”

Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: City Center
Cross street: 14th Street
Reviewed November 2, 2012

We have eaten here several times. Food is excellent....Portions are way too big though. I know it is the culture to take it home BUT honestly its far too much!
Prices are high for what it is but still we enjoy it.
Popovers are too big and too filling!! The Pate would be enough....a little amuse bouche would be preferable though.

There are newer reviews for BLT Steak Miami

Reviewed November 2, 2012

Dinner for two on the patio.
We enjoyed our (very) expensive meal here although not without flaws. In a nutshell
Great meat, as expected. We had a tomahawk wagyosomething cut which was great but required a small mortgage.....cheesy puffy bread as great as ever.
Our waitress was actually quite fun and nice throughout
Not great
we could hardly see anything - BLT buy some lights to put on the tables ! Even the waitress had to use a torch for us to read the menu
wine list silly - 90% priced at $50 or more, most at $80+....not a great balance and surprisingly dull in my view given the quality of the food and status of the place

Did we have a great meal (in the dark ) ? Yes. But it cost us $300+ and for that spend BLT in NYC (eg BLT Steak) is a better experience. Would we go back ? possibly...

1  Thank Gastronauta
Reviewed October 31, 2012 via mobile

I was looking forward to BLT for many months as we were staying at The Betsy. Allocated seats on the patio as promised which was a great start. For some reason our wine waiter/head guy for that area (older gent, with a stilted Euro accent) took a dislike to us and treated us with disdain all night, whilst heartily chatting to his other customers. This has never happened to me in years of dining. Poured our own wine. Complementary pop overs (giant Yorkshire puds) were ok but way too filling prior to a main meal. The steak was fabulous and my wife liked her chicken, although it was way too big. I checked out their wine list on the website prior, but the wines were slightly different and more expensive when ordering. I'm sure that the wine we got was a 2009 Zinfandel but was 2008 on the menu; disdainful waiter ignored me when queried. All in all should have been a fab experience, and would have got 5 stars if not for said waiter. Note that all the other service staff were fabulous.

Reviewed October 31, 2012

Simply one of the BEST steaks I've ever had, specially in Miami (and I have travelled the world, lol) WoW!! I had the filet minon and my hubby the Ribeye...what a treat it was. Not to mention their famous pop bread. Amazing! Plus, the service was excellent. Will surely return.

Reviewed October 24, 2012

this is one of the most amazing restaurants i have been period. the menu was amazing and the service was impeccable , also the food choices and combinations were to die for and the steak was out of this world.... please please come try this place