“An unforgettable meal”

Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: City Center
Cross street: 14th Street
Reviewed September 29, 2012

My hubby and I went to the BLT to enjoy the day before the end of the Miami Spice 2012 season. We chose right, this place was awesome!

As soon as we sat down they brought us chicken liver pate with bread and pickled veggies. Let me tell you that I don't do liver anything, but this pate was delicious. It was fresh, creamy, rich goodness that went great with the bread and veggies. My hubby loved it so much that he wanted to have it for dessert, which was fine with me since I don't share dessert :)

Then they brought us the popovers. I cannot begin to describe how good these puffy concoctions are. They are crunchy outside and soft and warm inside. They have a slight taste of gruyere cheese. My hubby ate them with the pate while I smeared butter all over them. (mmmmm....). I was happy and we hadn't even gotten out main meal yet!

Since BLT is a steakhouse, I thought I couldn't go wrong with the crispy pork belly for my appetizer. It comes with soba noodles, marinated mushrooms and bacon miso dressing. The pork belly was good and so were the marinated mushrooms and bacon miso dressing. I have to say that the soba noodles were a little disappointing because they detracted from the other really yummy ingredients.

For his appetizer my hubby ordered the salmon ceviche with hearts of palm, red onion, key lime, corn nuts and fresh tortilla chips. I thought he was crazy for ordering fish at a steakhouse, but to my surprise, his appetizer was better than mine. So, I had to do the only reasonable thing and eat it too! (He's a rookie!). This was the first time I had salmon ceviche and I hope it's not the last one. Besides, my poor hubby needs to try it sometime :)

For our entrees we both ordered the 10 oz dry aged cab delmonico with smoke marinade and tomatillo chimichurri. The steaks were amazing, perfectly cooked, juicy, tender, and flavorful, even without the chimichurri or the bernaise sauce we had on the side.

For our sides we had the jalapeno mashed potatoes and the summer corn. To me, the jalapeno mashed potatoes are a must if you go to the BLT. You can taste the jalapeno but it is not overpowering or too spicy. We also had the summer corn succotash with confit tomatoes, fresno chili relish, favas, and vidalia onion soubise. I liked it but I don't think I will order it again. Sorry, I just like the jalapeno mashed potatoes that much (also, on past occasions we have ordered the truffle fries, which are deliciously crispy and sprinkled with a bit of parmigiano-reggiano cheese; these should be on the menu).

To finish off our meal we ordered both dessert selections on the Miami Spice Menu. For his own safety, our waiter was very careful in making sure that both desserts were in front of me and that my hubby didn't get a spoon (he also removed all sharp objects in my vicinity). For people who prefer their desserts not too sweet, then the perfect choice is the PB & J cheesecake with grape gelee, and rosemarie shortbread.

However, I like my desserts sticky sweet , so I truly enjoyed the chai s'mores with graham blondie and dulce de leche ice cream. In fact, I wouldn't mind having another one right now :) The graham blondie is crunchy and comes covered with creamy milk chocolate and two roasted marshmallows on top. Alongside you get a scoop of dulce de leche (you can never go with dulce de leche), crumbled blondie, and more melted chocolate. (Yummy...) Girl scouts beware!

In addition to these desserts, they brought us complimentary madelaines. Mmmm...I love anything with lime so these were just perfect for me. In fact I brought some of them home for my 3:00 a.m. cravings (no, I'm not pregnant, just very hungry) and I am guarding them from my dogs who cannot take their eyes off of them.

If you are a carnivore and want to have an unforgettable meal, head to the BLT at the Betsey Hotel. You will not be disappointed.

4  Thank Marlykimbonike

Reviewed September 29, 2012 via mobile

We actually took advantage of Miami Spice and had an amazing meal for $39 bucks and a fabulous bottle of Star Lane 07, for $75.00
Couldn't have been a better steak, the pop overs- Delish. Only the desserts were a but weak, but didn't take away from everything else!

Reviewed September 29, 2012

My friend and I took advantage of BLT's Miami Spice menu. I was pleased with my appetizer, entreé, and dessert. I chose the crab and mango sushi roll, which was quite filling. The short rib sandwich was really good and it came on a croissant, extra points in my book. And lastly, I had the peanut butter and jelly cheesecake. The presentation was excellent, and the wait staff was quick and attentive. I will go back, but probably not until Miami Spice comes back around. I spent about $50 on lunch and that was with a pre fixe menu; granted I did have two glasses of a lovely Reisling. In any event, I'm almost afraid to think what it would have been if there wasn't a promotion. It's a very nice restaurant overall.

Reviewed September 27, 2012

A lot of places on Ocean are rip off artists trying to milk as much of your cash as possible. BLT is quite and quality. Food is spectacular and price is reasonable for Ocean Drive. Consider reservations at night, can get crowded

Reviewed September 24, 2012 via mobile

We dined with a group of 9. I was dramatically unimpressed with the dinner. Food was tasteless, service was amongst the worst I've ever had and the atmosphere is unimaginative and lacking. Had the server had any idea about anything, I might have enjoyed the evening. She was dirty appearing (hair, etc), spoke poor English (from France) and knew NOTHING about the menu or wine list. When I ordered a bottle of wine from the list she looked confused and said she needed the number listed on the menu. I felt like we were in a bad Chinese restaurant. Our food wasn't remarkable in any way (the BBQ corn wasn't bad). If you're going to Miami, find somewhere more tasty to dine. Prime 112 is a good choice.

3  Thank JMSinMEM