“Market Price Steak House”

Red, the Steakhouse - South Beach
Reserve with OpenTable
Red, the Steakhouse - South Beach is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #132 of 1,087 Restaurants in Miami Beach
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Description: Featuring only the finest Certified Angus Beef Prime on and off the bone, Red's menu - created by Executive Chef, Peter Vauthy - is a hybrid of classic cuisine and the freshest seasonal ingredients. Everything from the sauces to garnishes are prepared from scratch - sure to convert even the staunchest of vegetarians into ravenous carnivores. The menu is complimented by a bar boasting a selection of over 500 wines, including its own private blends and handmade signature cocktails.
Barcelona, Spain
“Market Price Steak House”
Reviewed August 21, 2014

I have been many times at Red, and I really like this place, even though I do understand some bad comments. The place is dark, loud, packed, hectic and not the kind of steak house feeling you are expecting. The bar is really busy, the waiters move around screaming to each other, but the food makes up for all the rest. I find this to be one of the priciest steak places I have ever been to. The meat selection is awesome, they have every cut and beef kind you can imagine, the market price items are just endless, a steak could easily cost two hundred dollars, jumbo crab claws even more than that, wine list is very extensive and extravagant, and you will see the sommelier going up and down the stairs all night long picking top notch wines from the glass wine cellar in the dinning room. Overall I like the place, and when I go there I understand what I am gonna find, so I find this place to be very good.

• Visited January 2014

London, United Kingdom
“Awesome steakhouse!”
Reviewed August 13, 2014

My wife and I visited here for my birthday recently. The staff overall were very knowledgable apart from the first one that served us who looked like she wanted to be somewhere else and constantly checked her phone for new Intsagram likes. This gave us a bad first impression, but as we then had another waitress, our faith was restored.

The steak was absolutely amazing and melted in the mouth. Side dishes were also delicious and plentiful. Lovely decor throughout and the wine rack is absolutely insane!!

Aventura, Florida
“excellent food but felt rushed when ordering from the Miami Spice menu”
Reviewed August 9, 2014

We have eaten at this beautiful and delicious restaurant several times. The food is fabulous and the atmosphere is very nice. It's a happening place. Tonight we went specifically to order from the Miami Spice menu. The caesar salad was out of this world and a full size. The filet was wonderful, but small, 5 oz. My husband paid $19 to upgrade it to 8 oz. THere were alot of upgrade charge choices. But the service was extremely rushed. Our waiter was lifting two of the salad plates the second the other couple put their fork down. I looked at him and made it clear that I had a few bites left in mine. He then removed the bread from the table, assuming that we wouldn't want any with our meal. The meal came out as soon as the salad plates were gone. The dessert came as soon as the dinner plates were removed. He never asked if we wanted coffee and brought the check before the dessert was finished. We came to the restaurant to enjoy good food and relax and converse with friends. We were really rushed out the door by our waiter because we didn't order the more expensive items on the menu.

Miami fl
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very Dissapointed”
Reviewed August 8, 2014 via mobile

First of all i made a reservation online on open books i requested a nice table with view also it was my boyfriends birthday and our fourth year anniversary i requested for them to do something special with desserts....
As soon as i got to the restaurant they gave us a horrible table and the hostess gave ua the manu and i had to ask for the miami spice menu so unprofessional, the service from the bartender was ok the food was ok and when desserts arrive they didnt do anything special like i requested noone even said happy birthday not even the hostess that she has all the information and she didnt even told the bartender that we rewiested that but thanks to that i would never go back to that place and would never recommend that place. Thanks for the horrible experience.. I had better experience at MC DONALDS.

Paphos, Cyprus
“Nice restaurant , expensive but nice food ”
Reviewed August 7, 2014 via mobile

I have been at this restaurant last week with family . All had steak , food was nice , cooked accordingly but the place was really noisy and the air-condition was extremely high. These 2 disadvantages made our night not the best to remember....