“Excellent food, but really for the "in" crowd”

Red, the Steakhouse - South Beach
Reserve with OpenTable
Red, the Steakhouse - South Beach is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #173 of 1,157 Restaurants in Miami Beach
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Description: Featuring only the finest Certified Angus Beef Prime on and off the bone, Red's menu - created by Executive Chef, Peter Vauthy - is a hybrid of classic cuisine and the freshest seasonal ingredients. Everything from the sauces to garnishes are prepared from scratch - sure to convert even the staunchest of vegetarians into ravenous carnivores. The menu is complimented by a bar boasting a selection of over 500 wines, including its own private blends and handmade signature cocktails.
Reviewed November 7, 2012

One of the best steaks I've ever eaten, worth the high price. The atmosphere seemed most likely to appeal to the young and trendy or very well-to-do, and the staff had an air of pretension that was a little uncomfortable.

1  Thank Cariadon

Reviewed November 5, 2012

great restaurant just make sure u have a reservation so you don't have to wait because its always packed at night...i recommend the garden salad and and any steak medium rare

1  Thank mix_mama
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I am STILL having happy thoughts about my visit to Red, The Steakhouse. The food was soooo good. I can't stop raving about Red! I had a champagne cocktail, calamari, truffle mashed potatoes, gulf shrimp, and while I couldn't stomach anymore food because I was beyond stuffed my friend ended her meal with some powdered donuts. The atmosphere was nice; although the tables were positioned close together, it wasn't too noisy like most restaurants in the area. Warning! You will spend a small fortune dining at this restaurant, but there is no better way to get to heaven. Everything on the menu was divine. Did I mention how good it was?

1  Thank Yoyoforever
Reviewed October 29, 2012

My girlfriend and I were told by people that this was the steakhouse to go to; they said it wasn't for tourists like the other steak houses, so we gave it a shot. It was our anniversary weekend so we wanted to get a good dinner, so we made a reservation and had no trouble getting in.
It had a large glass room full of wine options making for a fun atmosphere. When we were seated though, it seemed a little cramp. They had a long booth bench on one side of the table and a regular chair on the other side. The tables though were so close that I actually had to pull our table out to get my g/f into the booth seat. The waiter came by and was very knowledgeable and very confident in the quality of their steaks. My g/f got a filet and I got a NY Strip and we got an order of au gratin potatoes.
When the food arrived mine was good, but not as great as I envisioned. My g/f’s on the other hand was terrible. She ordered her steak medium and it was at least medium well if not well done. We told the waiter and he told the chef to bring out a new one personally. Yet this time it was rare maybe medium rare. Out of frustration and fear of what might come next she suffered through it.
We felt like there was little remorse for the trouble she had with her steak. The only star of the meal was the au gratin potatoes which were some of the best we have ever had, but should that really have been the star? The dinner overall felt rushed and cramp and I would not tell anyone to go here again unless other similar priced steak houses were booked up.

2  Thank Chevy114
Reviewed October 28, 2012

Good food, however service mediocre due to understaffed positions. Extremely noisy and extremely expensive, would not go again.