“Wish I knew about this place before”

Essensia Restaurant & Lounge
Reserve with OpenTable
Essensia Restaurant & Lounge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #124 of 1,108 Restaurants in Miami Beach
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 30th Street
Description: Essensia Restaurant follows a farm-to-table philosophy, offering a seasonal selection of wholesome global cuisine with emphasis on premium local and sustainable ingredients. Working with local farmers and carefully selected purveyors, Essensia’s menu features healthful and flavorful dishes made with produce, meats and seafood primarily sourced from within the State of Florida. Essensia’s exclusive wine list is committed to being sustainable, organic or biodynamic and has been selected for sharing Essensia’s mission to be good for you and the environment. Essensia is open 7 days per week for breakfast, lunch, dinner and Sunday brunch. Essensia offers discounted valet parking rates for breakfast, brunch, lunch and dinner.
Reviewed January 12, 2014

I happen to be a Miami local and really know a lot about this city but had never been there before. It was def a big mistake cause it was AWESOME!!! I am lucky enough that my job requires me to try out different restaurants and recommend them accordingly and this place has just earned a top spot on my recommendation list! From the warm welcoming by a very nice hostess to the ambiance to the service by an awesome server omar who was so knowledgeable and made every dish sound so delicious I really had a wonderful experience. After going to most restaurants I look forward to the next one to discover but this place made me look forward to the next time I would come back! Job well done, a real culinary experience organized by true professionals!!!!

1  Thank Benjamin D

Reviewed January 12, 2014

Beautiful porch setting at The Palms. Soft music, great drinks, beautiful warm atmosphere. Lounge style seating is the perfect place to start your evening or end your day.

1  Thank T C
Reviewed January 12, 2014

We ate here our last night in Miami. The outdoor seating is beautiful, the service is great and the food was very good. Our waiter, Gracia, was the best we've had while on vacation. This restaurant uses all organic ingredients and gets most of the food from local farms. There is a good selection of both seafood and other dishes. Like many places in Miami, they add 18% gratuity to the bill automatically.

1  Thank Scooter0410
Reviewed January 7, 2014

What a great surprise...my first time here and my first meal was a lunch as I had just come in from a number of meetings offsite and ordered the albacore tuna sandwich at Essensia....I know it was a tuna sandwich but I have to say it was one of the best tuna sandwiches I have had. I then really looked at the menu and had all my dinner meetings and lunch meetings there for the next three days. I soon found out that the Chef (Julie Frans) and the Essensia’s culinary team cook in a ‘natural gourmet’ fashion with all their dishes being globally inspired, really healthy but also very flavorful. Great dinner options...over the course of three nights my guests and I ordered most of the seafood items on the menu.....seriously, they were all very well done and presented beautifully on the plates. I have spoken about this restaurant to so many locals and tourist now. Two favorite starters were the Kale Caesar and the Haloumi cheese (Lebanese cheese if I am not mistaken). There is a connection here with Lebanon as she also had Za'atar used in two or three dishes which I personally loved.

2  Thank SavvyTraveler738
Reviewed December 26, 2013

Enjoyed two days at the Palms! We ate as a group of 8 at Essensia for dinner. The prices were high and the service was very slow. We waited, and waited and waited!!! The food itself , when it did come was good, but not worth the long wait. I would probably not be inclined to eat there again!!!